Search results

1. Elides

Passenger Back Door Won't lock

Updates: I had two other latches failling and the fourth one just started acting up. Strange that I would have all of them fail in 4 months period.
  2. Elides

Driver side door switch fail

Useful info, thank you. Somehow the latch is operating normally from the remote after doing this... I'll feel better knowing the door is lock until my next appointment.
  3. Elides

Driver side door switch fail

Rear passenger latch failed just before I left for a month long road trip across the country. They replaced it the day I was leaving. Front passenger failed too after a week. The door won't unlock at the beginning and then it won't lock which is not good when the car is loaded with travel stuff...
  4. Elides

Looking for input on new TDI in BC

Got mine at Maple ridge VW. I would avoid them at all cost. Got a long list of issues with their sales and service dept. I'm now going to Regency VW in Coquitlam and I'm pleased with their service so far. No imput on cold temperature but I am currently back East after a 5 days (5500km) road trip...
  5. Elides

I had the solid red light too but not anymore since the latch was changed. Must be a sign of malfunction or the beginning of a self destruct sequence...
  6. Elides

Need Input on Rooftop Cargo Carrier (Thule and the like)

Leaving tomorrow for a month long road trip (11,000km). I purchased a black Atlantis 2100 and it's sitting on crossroad 45050. I like the look and it's a perfect match to my black JSW. I did a test last week and drove around with a full load (110lbs). Here's what I have in mine : 1 Large...
  7. Elides

So the car is back from the dealership and I was a quick fix (1.5 hour). They removed the door panel and replaced the latch assembly under warranty. Part number was 384-839-016-AP.
  8. Elides

I have an appointment Monday morning and it is still under warranty. I'll keep you guys posted.
  9. Elides

I learned something! I didn't know I have to pull the handle twice... never paid attention to it since I never sit in the back. I'll call my service dept tomorrow. I'm about to take my wagon on her very first 10k road trip across the country. I'll be in big trouble if I have a door that...
  10. Elides

My girlfriend noticed today that she couldn't unlock the back passenger side door. I played with it for a while and realized that I had to pull the handle twice from the inside for it to open. Strange thing is that It won't lock either. The alarm is on (red light blinking) all the other doors...
  11. Elides

Sirius Skips/Pauses

Same here, started noticing yesterday, happens on my iphone app and on my computer too.
  12. Elides

Sirius just doubled my fee?

I was set to auto-renew at full price in 2 weeks from now. Thanks to you guys, I just call to say I was cancelling and they offered me the same $77 deal. They also offered me the 5 months for $20 deal but I declined. Afterwards, It would have been a even better deal but I didn't want to call...
  13. Elides

Anyone else frustrated that they dumbed down the Jetta?

Maybe a good value for some, but just had the new Jetta as a loaner for two days and wow, It's quite a difference. It's a basic trim but man, it is a boring four wheeled box. I like the sound of the engine at high rev though. Can't wait to get my wagon back.
  14. Elides

Leaky Panoramic Sunroof

Your story sound a lot like mine. After ongoing problems I drop the car at a new dealer this morning. They figure out the problem in a few hour. They actually replace the seal around the pano and I will be getting the car tomorrow morning after they replace my corroded puddle light in the...
  15. Elides

Leaky Panoramic Sunroof

Thanks for the info. Think I started having electronic problems with the overhead console. Puddle lights don't turn on right away and are flickering. I'm having a hard time with sunroof control as well. Also the roof is now screeching like crazy. Whole lotta fun:(
  16. Elides

Leaky Panoramic Sunroof

They haven't tried to replace the frame yet, I guess that's next on the list. I'm not too optimistic after reading your story. How long to they take to replace the frame and did they replace the headliner too?. Too bad we don't have lemon law like down in the U.S. It would qualify after three...
  17. Elides

Leaky Panoramic Sunroof

I hear you. Mine is still leaking, see my story here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=310579 I'm now trying a new dealer to try to resolve the problem. With all the rain, I got a deluge in my car Yesterday. Passenger side headliner dripping, left pillar totally soaked, I also had...
  18. Elides

Sunroof acting up/water in the lights/visor

Yes, I can see he's in Vancouver too from previous post... It went below freezing a few time this year. I like to open the roof in the winter when it's sunny but never when it goes below. I thought the shatter roof happened when it was really cold (like -20c).
  19. Elides

Leaking panoroof & dealer issue

indeed sans panoroof might be the way to go to avoid any problem. I was totally in love with it at first sight though and it's one of the feature I enjoy the most on my car. Hope the next dealer will fix it for good.
  20. Elides

Sunroof acting up/water in the lights/visor

Vancouver BC which similar weather than Seattle, it rains most of the winter.