Search results

1. D

Cheaper replacement for city lights in OEM HIDs

I searched for this but couldn't find any discussion about it so I thought I'd share. I have the OEM HIDs in my Jetta A4. The city lights burn out a lot (every year and they are the only bulbs to be changed in the headlight module in 8 years). They are expensive and the only place I know locally...
  2. D

FS: Front bumper rebar from 03 Wagon (fits all A4s)

Hello Everyone, When I installed headlight sprayers I had to change the bumper rebar and no longer have any need for it. It has been off my car and in storage the past couple of years. I also have the foam that goes around it to support the plastic cover and provide more impact protection. Last...
  3. D

FS: Black Velour heated seats from 03 Wagon

Hello Everyone, I've has these two seats sitting in climate controlled storage for the past couple of years and want to get rid of them since they are taking up space and I won't be putting them back in. I took them out about a year after I bought the car so they have very little wear. The...
  4. D

HID problem, suggestions?

I tried searching here an other places for this but I didn't really find much useful info. My driver's side HID didn't turn on about 2 months ago. It was a one time thing so I didn't think much of it. A couple days ago the light flashed a couple tised when I turned it one until it became stable...
  5. D

Yahoo maps and diesel stations

I don't know if someone posted this already, but I was using yahoo maps today and noticed that you can now find stations that carry diesel on it. It is sponsored by Jeep and you need to select the radio button on the bottom of the map that has the "Jeep diesel" icon. Might be useful when...
  6. D

PD is out, Common rail is in

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103545 VW is changing direction on engine design.
  7. D

Bad torque wrench = screwed tranny pan

I decided to check my transmission fluid today and everything was going great till the last step. I just bought a new torque wrench and had it all set for the correct torque. Started putting the plug back in and was waiting for the click, instead the plug broke off with half of it is stuck in...
  8. D

$5000 employee benefit to buy diesel car

I wish I worked here: Hyperion Solutions Corp. is offering its employees $5,000 toward the purchase of fuel-efficient cars, the business-performance-management software vendor said Monday. Under its "Drive clean to drive change" program, Hyperion will reimburse employees $5,000 when they...
  9. D

Dept of State also waiting for Pentagon station

I seems there are people besides TDI drivers that are getting sick of waiting for the Pentagon to put its bio-d tank in. http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/35731.doc From reading this I get the impression they have given up on the pump and are going to contract with Arlington to use...
  10. D

FS Premium 6 monsoon double DIN and other goodies

I have a monsoon radio out of my 2003 for sale. It has both CD and tape deck. I need to clean out my garage and here are a few other items left over from my mods: Front bumper rebar Antenna base and mast Grey rear view mirror Black heated velour front seats If anyone is interested make me an...
  11. D

Door doesn't unlock on first try

Door doesn\'t unlock on first try Over the past 2 weeks I've noticed that my driver's door doesn't unlock by remote on the first try after the car has been sitting for a while. The alarm disarms but the lock stays put. It doesn't happen if the car has only been sitting for a few minutes. Any...
  12. D

Headlight cover earns its keep

Well, I guess they are worth the extra $ because I'd be pissed if I had to replace the lamp housing instead of just the cover. I wasn't expecting this much damage to occur considering they are supposedly lexan.
  13. D

Bentley manual wrong about C and B pillar trim

I was taking my interior apart this weekend to put in a new antenna base and run some wires. I have the Bentley CD and was following the directions to remove the upper C and B pillar trim. The Bentley manual fails to mention that you need to pop out the little airbag badge and remove a screw...
  14. D

Wiring Diagram for MFD in european A4?

Does anyone have a factory wiring diagram for an A4 with the OEM MFD? I need it from a car with the dynamic CAN bus and a version "G" MFD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brian
  15. D

Parking costs at hotel?

Hi, I looked at the hotel website, but couldn't find an answer. Do they charge for parking? Brian
  16. D

Phaeton Diesel?

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p...t_code=01769880 Looks like the diesel Phaeton might make it to the US.
  17. D

Optical bus anytime soon?

I know Mercedes has started using an optical bus. Has anyone heard if VW is going to do this anytime soon? The Golf V would have been an ideal time to introduce it, but they probably missed the boat. Brian
  18. D

Rain sensor

Well, I-95 finally came through and I am getting my windshield replaced. Looks like I'll be getting my rain sensor up and working soon! Yippie! This also means I can remove the crappy relay and wiring that came with my headlight washers and run it through the different relay that you need for...
  19. D

Power memory seats: K-line needed?

I have a silly question. Is the k-line to the power memory seat controller really needed? The k-line is grounding out(I think) whenever I attach it to the seat controller. This bothers me because I can't access the engine ECU through VAG-COM. The k-line obviously isn't working, but the...
  20. D

Cluster install problems

I am having problems install a high pixel cluster in my car. I've read all the posts I could and the info on Ross-Tech, but still can't figure it out. Here's what is happening. I've done all the wiring and that seems to work because the temp shows up and I can scroll and reset the display...