Search results

1. AusTexRocker

Buyback Lessons Learned

Very helpful indeed. All the forms are downloaded and ready for the appointment.I had my buy back approved a while back but just today made an appointment for the end of October since I'm holding out for 2018 Golf R inventory to arrive. Yeah, yeah, I know...TDI traitor going gas. So, I may have...
  2. AusTexRocker

Why bother to accept a buy back?

Along with the benefits of a diesel engine, another big reason for me buying my TDI was the perceived sense of entry level luxury. My Golf is worlds nicer than any of the cars I've previously owned. So my concern about taking the buyback is what kind of hit will quality, fit and finish, etc...
  3. AusTexRocker

Who loves their CR and will take no money from VW?

At first I was leaning toward buyback until I realized my dumb mistake of using an Audi A3 buyback chart rather than the Golf chart. Now the lean is strongly in the keep direction. Other than routine maintenance, I've bought one set of tires and two batteries since January 2010. Texas heat seems...
  4. AusTexRocker

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

You are right, Sir. Thanks for the correction. I thought that was too good to be true.
  5. AusTexRocker

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

2010 Golf I believe the math is correct but will probably pass the next mileage threshold of 75k before the fat lady sings for a mileage adjustment of $0. Base - $15467 Sunroof + $540 AT + $660 Mileage adj + 0 buyback = $16667 At the time of purchase (12/30/09)...
  6. AusTexRocker

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

When I was a kid we joked about things being more valuable than a "truckload of Volkswagen radiators"
  7. AusTexRocker

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

True, only one county adjacent to Travis county requires emissions testing but that make little difference due to the 100's of thousands of cars travelling up and down I-35 daily right through the heart of Austin who are just "passing through". Still, no diesel testing in Texas may allow me to...
  8. AusTexRocker

should i go malone 2 or 3

It looks like people are still getting tunes despite the scandal. The last "fix" from VW hurt my city MPG so I'm looking to correct that and more. I find myself sitting on the fence waiting for word to come as far as a solution the the scandal issue. My 2010 Golf only has 70k and has been...
  9. AusTexRocker

I was sorry about that too. Never had to do that before in my life. In December of 2009 new TDI Golfs were selling as quick as they hit the dealership here. I took possession of mine the morning it was unloaded and prepped. I guess you have pay to play. Had I waited a few months it probably...
  10. AusTexRocker

I must have misunderstood you when you wrote on post 19394 "What if they announced tomorrow that they would give you what you paid (in my case MSRP) plus $5000".
  11. AusTexRocker

Sure, those feelings have no monetary value. So what? Enthusiasts and hobbyists of all types spend great amounts of money on things that are valuable to them only. I am one of those who consider my car as a small representation of who I am. My car is more valuable to me than it would be to...
  12. AusTexRocker

MichVW As much as I enjoy my car and as good as it has treated me, if the incentive were right, I would jump in a new GTI with performance package ion a heartbeat.
  13. AusTexRocker

What you are describing is the very sweet deal that I spoke of. It would be foolish to pass on that so of course I would pry my "cold dead hands" from the keys for that. Anything less would require a lot of consideration. At 6 years old and 70k miles, my car looks and drives like the day I...
  14. AusTexRocker

At the rate I rack up miles it might take 25 - 26 years to reach a modest 300000 miles. I'll be in my late 70s by then and may have little use for a car. Yeah, have no desire to give up my TDI. Any buyback will have to be a very sweet deal for me to turn my keys over.
  15. AusTexRocker

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Onion Creek for a win. I have used Hewlett VW in Georgetown all along but Onion Creek VW is just a couple miles from home. I've had issues with their service department in the past but they seem to be getting better so I took the offer.
  16. AusTexRocker

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

That is correct. They kept the $500 dealer only card with a 1 year expiration date to be used at any VW dealer. In exchange I received a $1000 voucher with a 2 year expiration date to be used at that dealership only. It appeared to be an in house promotion, no idea if VW backs it or not. The...
  17. AusTexRocker

Just activated my cards. My dealer offered a $1000 voucher with a two year expiration if I surrendered my dealership card to them. Of course it is only valid at this dealership but not limited to my TDI. I'll hit 70K in a few weeks and with the 80K DSG service coming next year, I went for it...
  18. AusTexRocker

Strange how some are getting their packages while others are not. I enrolled early in the day on the 9th and my materials arrived on Saturday in Texas. Have not gone to activate it yet. I'm coming up on my 70k service in a week or two so will do it then. 2010 Golf TDI with under 70k miles. Yep...
  19. AusTexRocker

I had the 2306 update near the end of July and I have seen a decrease in MPG. OK, so I don't get real crazy with the calculator so my numbers are generalized but I always drive to near empty and then top off the tank. That is usually around 13 gallons per fillup. Since January 2010 I averaged...