Search results

1. Jim'stdi

DRL bulbs

Does anyone know the part number for them? I want to replace them with a whiter bulb.
  2. Jim'stdi

Split Hose

You need to check this hose on your car and report back. It connects to the back of the air filter box. You can't by just the piece at the end. You have to buy the whole assembly from the air filter back to the firewall. Cost is $49.00. I will be getting this fixed under warranty and...
  3. Jim'stdi

Front wheel bearings

Anybody had to replace their front wheel bearings? Seems like I read that someone had theirs go around 80-90,000 on both wheels.
  4. Jim'stdi

Tracking Regens

I was looking in VCDS under advanced measuring blocks in the engine block. It showed zero succesful regens. I had a regen this week. I looked at miles since last regen and it said 50km. Is there somewhere in the software that shows the total regens? I have 19,400 miles on the car. Ash level was...
  5. Jim'stdi

Tried out my Panzer today!

I was travelling 50 yards behind a Suburban doing 80 mph on the interstate. The Suburban hits a tire gator and before I can react I hit it too. It went completely under the whole length of the car. I checked the car for damage when I got home and all I found were some scuff marks under the...
  6. Jim'stdi

Bluetooth Mic improvement

I changed the sensitivity setting on the microphone from 0db to +6db. My wife says it is much clearer now and it is easier to understand me. I changed this with VCDS. It is in the telephone module under adaption
  7. Jim'stdi

Roof Rack Delete How To with Pics

I am thinking of removing the factory rack. I read a couple of other threads on this and it seems that people were having difficulty removing the front and rear covers with out breaking the inside tabs off. I had success doing this and wanted to share with others how to do this. Here is a...
  8. Jim'stdi

Factory Parts Locator

Is there a link somewhere you can goto to see the parts diagram and part numbers that the parts guy uses? This would be very helpful in ordering parts and I think have actually been to a site that does this.
  9. Jim'stdi

Rotated Tires

I got around to rotating the tires @ 10,000. I changed my oil so this was left to do. I got one side jacked up and took the tires off. I got a chance to really get both the rims and the tires clean. Did the same for the other side. I am really enjoying getting to know this car! It just keeps...
  10. Jim'stdi

Roof Rattle

I have the BIG roof and I have had a rattle just above the passenger seat. I suspected the sunroof so I lubed it up with the G-052-172-A1 lubricant. Well that did not fix it. Upon further investigation I discovered the rattle was coming from the passenger sun visor. The door that slides in front...
  11. Jim'stdi

Changed the oil. Have questions?

I drove my car onto the Rhino ramps for oil change. I used the Pella extractor and sucked oil out of the sump and the oil filter housing. I got a lot of oil out. I then pulled the drain plug to see how much more came out. To my surprise it was over 800 ml. Almost a liter more. I could not get...
  12. Jim'stdi

Ash in my DPF

VCDS shows 9ml of ash in my DPF. Last Regen was 170km ago. I am going to monitor this to see how the numbers change.
  13. Jim'stdi

Balancing wheels with Dyna Beads

Ok, so I am at 10,000 miles on my car and I want to rotate and balance my tires. I have the 17" Goals with stick on weights. I know the dealer only rotates them. I would like to have them balanced as well. I have known about Dyna Beads for a while having owned a motorcycle. I have never used...
  14. Jim'stdi

New color for 2011 JSW

Toffee Brown with Cornsilk
  15. Jim'stdi

Amp and sub install

I installed a JL audio stealth box in the tire well with a JL 600 watt mono amp. This thing really rocks! Huge improvement in bass. Here is the 10" sub in the shipping carton Amp installed behind rear seat under the lid. Here it is installed. And with the tire mounted
  16. Jim'stdi

10k Oil change is due?

I have 9600 miles on my JSW. It has been back to the dealer once to replace the premium radio. They replaced the radio under warranty but they got the coding wrong and managed to get grease on the headliner on the drivers side. I fixed the coding with VCDS and cleaned the headliner. Everything...
  17. Jim'stdi

Regen question

Can VCDS tell you when a regen has occurred? I think you can activate a regen with it.
  18. Jim'stdi

I changed the fuel filter today

I changed the fuel filter today and.... At 7708 miles and all the hype with the HPFP I decided to crack it open. I've had a new filter sitting on the shelf and was going to do this at 10,000 miles but the suspense got to me. What I found is amazing! It was perfect! No metal shavings or rust. No...
  19. Jim'stdi

HDR Pictures of 2010 JSW

I posted some pictures I took today over in the picture gallery http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291529 Here is another one:
  20. Jim'stdi

2010 JSW HDR images

I took these this morning.