Search results

1. J

things that work for increasing economy?

Besides driving style and weight reduction what can be done get better mpg? When I search throug the threads I get all these bogus things like acetone and magnets if somone could point me to a clear link on this I'd appriciate it.
  2. J

customer service for window clip

UBB17-ML-1150393-ML- Posted in the wrong forum section.
  3. J

customer service for window clip

My window recently dropped into the door and I managed to get it out and tape it up for now as it was going to rain heavily and read the the stealer would fix these under a 7year no charge thing after calling vw customer service either she looked up the wrong thing and my 99.5 jetta is not...
  4. J

Source for 3.5mm i.d. and 5mm vacuum hose

I can find either on sites but none seem to carry both does anyone have a good source for both 3.5mm i.d. and 5mm i.d. types of hose???
  5. J

vw ecu flash?

I was on the phone with vw a while ago and the said they have a campaign on for reprogramming the emmissions or somthing like that what I am wondering is if anyone has had this done and what exactly are they doing would it improve or degrade performance or have no effect??? Thanks
  6. J

vw ecu flash?

I was on the phone with vw a while ago and the said they have a campaign on for reprogramming the emmissions or somthing like that what I am wondering is if anyone has had this done and what exactly are they doing would it improve or degrade performance or have no effect??? Thanks
  7. J

what to check next 17964 Charge Pressure Control

been having the 17964 Charge Pressure Control code for a while now and so far I have. Changed air filter Replaced MAF Cleaned Intercooler Cleaned Intake Manifold Cleaned N75 Am in the research process of buying vacuum lines to replace the old ones. I am looking for something else to check...
  8. J

how to or help with alternator replacement

never mind founr the how to please delete.....
  9. J

air hose

I was wondering I seached a couple of time over the last couple of days but cant seem to find the right thread i want to buy new air lines for my boost system I suspect one is clogged or my n75 is not working. Also is there a way to fix an unworking n75 ???
  10. J

vacuum hose

does anyone know how to get the vacuum hose off the vacuum reservoir it's recessed so i cant cut it off and I dont want to break the reservoir. it's seems damaged and i have a 17964 code neg pres diviation. even if it dosent fix that id like to replace the hose.
  11. J

Replace alternator

Just wondering what everyone one thinks about rebuilt alternators is the savings worth it or is new better? mine is getting low amps when tested at auto zone volts is fine just low amps around 5amps he said whats normal for this alternator? Also when I replace it do I need any other parts to...
  12. J

dead starter help

IS there a way I can get my car home without being towed? the starter is dead I think from reading the posts and I have gona ahead and ordered the part but it's stuck at the mall and I need it here to work on it. does it work to hit the starter with a hammer like on some older cars? any other...
  13. J

2.0l maf

I wanted to buy a 2.0l maf buy cant find any threads for the part number and I know thats what I have in my car now. Have people stopped using these in a4 tdi's for some reason. If not whats the cheapest source for them. And is it still considered the best or is the peirberg m/b one better? Thanks
  14. J

etka help wiper assembly

does anyone know the correct part number to get the shaft that goes through the wiper assy mount and attaches to the drivers side wiper??? I thought it was 1J0955325A from talking to impex but I just saw on the old part 1j1955215 anyone know if these are attached?? Im trying to get impex again...
  15. J

cetane help for newbs?

I was wondering if a few vets could give me some input on the best usage of cetane boost. Like how much is enough and at what point the crappy fuel cant take any more so more is wasted. Also what level of cetane should i shoot for for max fuel economy i really notice a diffrence in my milage...
  16. J

Magazine offer!

Just lookiong to give back to the tdi club community here anyone looking or thinking of subscribing to magazines I can give you an awesome deal just pm me the titles your interested in and I'll get back to you with a quote. Example Car and Driver 12 months $5.00 European Car 12 months $5.00...
  17. J

Top Fuel Saving tips and upgrades.

I am wondering if you veteran members could post a top ten or so list of upgrades or tips to inprove fuel economy of the A4? Not that it isnt allready awesome! Thanks
  18. J

two stage turbo

In road and track and european car this month they are touting two stage turbos in the MB BMW I believe the toureg offers this as well but what I was wondering is if anyone has done this to one of our alh engines and the pro's and cons of it.
  19. J

turn signal is possesed

I am wondering if it is a symptom of realy 109 being on the fritz or just some other electrical gremlin. Here's the situation Replaced turn signal bulb with long life bulb works fine until a rain storm now a relay seems to click of its own accord anytime after the turnsignals have been...
  20. J

any one seen deals on Yokohama Avid H4S?

Im looking to replace my old Yokohama Avid H4S with another set. Tire rack seems to be the cheapest anyone seen anything cheaper than $59 per tire? Some one delete one of these got posted twice by accident!