Search results

1. travis45

High quality oil for high horsepower application

Hello, Just about to crank my rebuilt common rail engine for the first time and want to select an appropriate oil once it's broken in. Earlier I've been running Rotella T6, but I'm afraid that the cheapness will shine through. In this engine I'll be shooting for north of 300hp with KS sputter...
  2. travis45

Malone CR Stage 4 kit is on the market

The Malone CR stage 4 turbo kit is on the market.... That is all.
  3. travis45

Beware of scammers

Posted a wanted to buy and been getting a few, email this guy PM's he has one. Seems fishy for various reasons. All I'm saying is be sure verify best you can and never send money friends and family.
  4. travis45

WTB Mk5/Mk6 Rear Main Seal Tool

Anyone have a rear main seal alignment tool collecting dust they don't need? Can rent one from Metalman but thought I'd check to see if anyone wants to offload one. Thanks, Travis
  5. travis45

CJAA Engine Parts Garage Clean up

Got a bunch of stuff Intercooler $100 CP4 hpfp $200 Two sets of injectors $250 each Couple of head cores Two sets of cams Set of connecting rods Post here or shoot me a PM Thanks, Travis
  6. travis45

AutoMeter boost gauge 0-35psi

Barely used. Comes with the box and all the bits. $65.
  7. travis45

GTB2260vklr for CR TDI for sale

Description in the video, feel free to post questions. $1,100 https://youtu.be/uIUrlDzZZ7A Thanks for looking. Travis
  8. travis45

Build Update CJAA

https://youtu.be/fpD5HAqG4sY
  9. travis45

Full Build CR - Piston to head clearance

I'm wondering if I can get some opinions this weekend on my CR engine rebuild. I'd like to know what you think about where I'm at with piston to head clearance and what the implications will be. Engine is at a local reputable engine shop that does a lot of diesel work. Quick summary of the...
  10. travis45

Installing camshafts on CR TDI

A little video of my cam install. Go easy on me, I'm a rookie. https://youtu.be/5WpD85s4fDY
  11. travis45

CR Connecting Rod Installation - Block Remaining In Car

First timer here dealing with engine internals and looking for some pointers advice etc. Been trying to learn what I can from youtube videos etc. Go easy on me, hoping to learn and not F%&K it up. Integrated Engineering had a deal on connecting rods for CR TDI's and I picked up a set. My...
  12. travis45

17” 5x112 Wheels

4 - 17” 5x112 Momo wheels. Have some scrapes, no bends. Used up winter tires on them now. Comes with 57.1 hub centric spacers and correct wheel bolts. Happy to send some pics via text. Shoot me a pm. Near Green Bay, WI. Come and get em, $250. Travis
  13. travis45

Tuscan Rods for $325

Seems like a pretty good deal. I don’t think I really need these yet, but cool and the price is right... https://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-tuscan-tdi-rods
  14. travis45

CJAA Head Upgrades - Camshafts/Valve Springs - Help a 1st timer!

Will be attempting my first camshaft, valve spring and headstuds and was hoping some of you with more experience would be kind enough to keep me out of trouble. I have a set of the new Colt billet cams for the CR TDI coming from MecEvo along with some upgraded valve springs...
  15. travis45

Help me pick a big turbo!

Finally have some big turbo funds coming down the pipe.. Will be doing the head work and cams in the future to utilize the full potential. Some options I've looked at are: -Darkside's GTB2872vrk. Seems just too ridiculously big for any kind of street use and pricey. Looks like it's best...
  16. travis45

Rotorlab.com, anyone have their BBK?

Looks like a great deal. Anyone buy one of their kits? Would love to hear personal experience. Thanks, Travis
  17. travis45

Used KW V3's what are they worth?

Have a line on some used KW V3 coilovers. Look like brand new, very clean. But they have 75,000 miles on them.... What are they worth? If I could get another 50,000 miles out of them, I'd be happy. I believe a new set is around $2,500 for my car. Any input is appreciated... Respectfully, Travis
  18. travis45

What is the ideal tire pressure for even wear?

I have some Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 3's. Sized 225/35-19's. Says max pressure is 50psi. Looking for pressure recommendations for the most even wear and for max performance. Not really sure what is right or where to start. Hoping to get the most miles I can out of em, and use em right for...
  19. travis45

Help! Fuel Rail Oscillation- CP3 pump/Stage 3 Tune

All, I wanted to share my experience and am hoping someone can assist me in trouble shooting this situation. I installed a CP3 pump. Car runs well at low throttle/RPM. Step on it and I get this.... I've contacted Malone and they are reviewing. I've changed the fuel rail regulator, metering...
  20. travis45

Limited Slip Differential in DSG

Looking everywhere for some information. Would like very much to install a limited slip differential in my 14' JSW With a DSG transmission. A lot of information out there on install of a LSD in a manual transmission. Would love to have a conversation with someone who has done this job. Or if...