Search results

1. T

2003 Golf GLS TDI manual, 114K miles, original owner, Seattle

My beloved Golf has spent most of its life garaged at home and work. It has been super reliable – only visiting the shop three times: 1) At 12 miles (yes, 12 miles, I posted about this in 2003) for mis-threaded belt 2) At 35K mile for glow plug harness replacement (likely unnecessary - should...
  2. T

New TDI Belt Broke - what to check?

Last night I was a totally stoked TDI Owner and today I am sad... With less than 20 miles on my '03 Golf the alternator/power steering belt broke. My first drive ended up with a tow truck powered trip to the dealer. I'm guessing a pulley, pump, or alternator seized. Since I'm not familiar...
  3. T

New Seattle TDI Owner Gives Thanks

Just picked up my '03 Golf TDI last night from Carter VW. Specs: GLS Silver (yes, I'm a lemming) 5-spd Cold Weather Monsoon ESP I want to thank everyone for their reccomendations and information on Seattle area dealers. Avantaholic - I ended up working with Mel at Carter and had a...
  4. T

ESP Anyone?

Anyone have or seen any TDIs with ESP this year? I'm looking for an '03 Golf w/ESP but can't find one. I called VW of America and they said dealers can NOT get vehicles made to order. I'm wondering if I should bother waiting if not many/any new models are rolling off the assembly line with...