Search results

1. T

2003 Golf GLS TDI manual, 114K miles, original owner, Seattle

Hmm... Outside of moderate rain (32nd most rainy city in US) I'm not sure what is unfriendly about the Seattle climate? We don't salt our roads and de icing chemicals rarely get used since the climate is generally mild. If you're interested I could take some pictures.
  2. T

CleverUserName - Thanks for pointing out the tires. In my old man brain they were still new...but turns out they are now over 9 years old. I updated the post and lowered the price to compensate. I do really appreciate you pointing that out...I don't want to misrepresent anything. Regarding the...
  3. T

My beloved Golf has spent most of its life garaged at home and work. It has been super reliable – only visiting the shop three times: 1) At 12 miles (yes, 12 miles, I posted about this in 2003) for mis-threaded belt 2) At 35K mile for glow plug harness replacement (likely unnecessary - should...
  4. Golf Pass Side2c.jpg

Golf Pass Side2c.jpg

5. TPLennon Golf

TPLennon Golf

Pics for sadly selling my TDI
  6. Golf backc.jpg

Golf backc.jpg

7. Golf Interior.jpg

Golf Interior.jpg

8. Golf Pass side.jpg

Golf Pass side.jpg

9. Golf Tire.jpg

Golf Tire.jpg

10. Golf Driver Side.jpg

Golf Driver Side.jpg

11. Golf Scrape.jpg

Golf Scrape.jpg

12. T

Cheaper BD on the Eastside

Pulled this from Google: Green Car Company 11630 Slater Ave NE #3 Kirkland, WA 98034
  13. T

Looking for advice in Seattle

I bought my '03 Golf at Carter from Mel. Mel was reasonable to deal with and mentioned using Biodiesel (B20) as being OK without me asking about it. The service department seems pretty good from my one experience. The loaner cars are a great feature. I don't know if you have to buy at Carter...
  14. T

Any good experiences ordering an "03 TDI Golf?

TSmith - I think the underlying issue is that VW does not build to order. I confirmed this with VWoA directly. The best a dealer can do is place a "request" for specific features and hope one that meets the request gets built so they can claim it. The three dealers I talked to all gave the...
  15. T

Seattle BioDiesel GTG- final thread.

Count me in, ETA 12:30.
  16. T

New Seattle TDI Owner Gives Thanks

Thanks again gentlemen for all your input. Avantaholic - Apparently the fabric wear is a common issue, it has a few threads in the A4 forum. The fabric wears on the top of the rear seat (with headrest removed) when it folds into the underside of the flipped-up rear seat. Be careful when...
  17. T

New TDI Belt Broke - what to check?

Closing out this story... Idler pulley was melted and had shredded belt wrapped aroudn the base. The bearing didn't show any sign of sticking so a frozed pulley wasn't the cause. Best guess is the belt (it has grooves) was not aligned with the grooves in the pulley at the factory and caused...
  18. T

New Seattle TDI Owner Gives Thanks

Car towed into Carter 10AM Thursday. Finished the repair Friday at 3pm. The idler pully was melted and had part of the belt wrapped around it's base. The sealed bearing was fine and free spinning so the theory for the failure is the belt was not aligned with the grooves properly at the...
  19. T

Where are TDI Golfs built for USA, Germany or Brazil?

My '03 Golf paperwork lists mfr locations for various major components as part of the import law(?): Engine = Germany Transmission = Argentina (or another non-Brazil country) Assembly = Brazil
  20. T

New TDI Belt Broke - what to check?

Last night I was a totally stoked TDI Owner and today I am sad... With less than 20 miles on my '03 Golf the alternator/power steering belt broke. My first drive ended up with a tow truck powered trip to the dealer. I'm guessing a pulley, pump, or alternator seized. Since I'm not familiar...