Search results

1. M

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

That problem sounds to me like the snow screen or more than likely the air filter are getting clogged with snow/snow dust. I have this roblem from time to time when driving down unplowed roads early in the morning and pushing snow over the bumper. Snow gets sucked right into the airfilter...
  2. M

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

That problem sounds to me like the snow screen or more than likely the air filter are getting clogged with snow/snow dust. I have this roblem from time to time when driving down unplowed roads early in the morning and pushing snow over the bumper. Snow gets sucked right into the airfilter...
  3. M

Low or no voltage to exciter wire to new valeo 120amp alternator

Thanks Dan. I appreciate the help. I checked all the fuses on the side of the dash for continuity and all check out good. Does voltage flow from the instrument cluster through the battery lamp down to the alternator or does it flow from the alternator to the lamp? Matt
  4. M

Low or no voltage to exciter wire to new valeo 120amp alternator

Great post DanG144! The problem I am having is that the alternator in my car won't charge unless you rev the engine up over 2000rpm when you first start the engine. Once you do this it sits there and charges at just over 14volts as it should. Speaking with the dealer, I was asked if the...
  5. M

Skid Plates FS in the GTA

Got my skid plate installed today. For anyone sitting on the fence about buying one of these should hop off the fence, get in there car, and head to TDIWaginGuy's house and get one of these. They are extremely well crafted and the fit is perfect! Also got one of his CCV filters put on...
  6. M

Rocketchip Tuning day

It's well worth the trip guys. I've had RC2 and nozzles for over 2 full years now. If I didn't need to upgrade the clutch I would have RC4.
  7. M

Ontario TDi owners listing

1) Jetta_Pilot Toronto None yet Y 2) PharoahTDI Alliston General Y 3) kayakkermit Woodstock General Y 4) Kasper Belleville general Y,bentley 5) decan Toronto none yet N/N 6) BlueKnight Waterloo General Y,bentley 7) Vik F Bolton (GTA) many N. 8) Ohmagoo, Hawkestone, don't know , N 9) Benjibird...
  8. M

Maf Sensor

All I can say is I have been running a 461A MAF from a 2.0L Gasser ever since Jeff chipped my car with a Euro RC2 tune and nozzles. It is the MAF he said to run. His explaination was that the 2.0L MAF revs better that the TDI MAF.
  9. M

Smoke at WOT.

Thanks.
  10. M

MAF ? for Rocketchip users or Jef himself.

MAF ? for Rocketchip users or Jeff himself. What MAF are RC users running. When I had Jeff chip and install nozzles on my 2002 TDI Jetta a few years ago he said that it was better to run the 2.0L Gasser MAF instead of the diesel one. Is that what he/you Jeff are still recommending? Matt
  11. M

Smoke at WOT.

Am I correct in my calcualtions that a reading of 18psi of bost in VAG-COM would show roughly as 1224 when logging the MAP?
  12. M

Smoke at WOT.

It had nothing to do with your tuning or your injectors. My car is doing the exact same thing with my RC2 tuning and injectors. Everyonce and a while I'll get full power back but for the most part it is lacking at anything over half pedal. Looking at my VAG-COM the MAF reading drops below the...
  13. M

rocketchip tuning

If the EGR is that plugged the intake can't be much better. I would suggest pulling the intake and cleaning it at the same time. Then get your car to someone in your area that has VAG-COM to see how everthing is working. Without chipping you'll have to have the EGR turned down with VAG-COM to...
  14. M

VAG-Com users with Rocket Chip

I figured out that I need an 110 ASV label file and just rename it to the ROC-KET-S02 module name. Does anyone have an ASV label file? VAG-Com site doesn't. Or is the ALH label file the same as the ASV? Matt
  15. M

rocketchip tuning

Where in Ontario are you at Dolde?
  16. M

I am just looking around with VAG-Com since I am new to it. But when none of the measuring blocks are labeled it's hard to tell what you are looking at. Once I am more familiar with the program then perhaps I will adjust a few things. Matt
  17. M

I know a few of you here in Ontario are running Rocketchips. What label file/files are you using in VAG-Com? I just got my VAG-Com the other day but when I am looking at measuring blocks in say the engine controller it doesn;t have much of a label with each block. Also shows the label file =...
  18. M

rocketchip stage 2 with sprint 520's

I've had EURO RC2 and Sprint for almost a year now. Stock clutch will slip around 2000 rpm if I'm not careful. The difference Jeff's product made to my car is awesome. Never had any problems and Jeff is nothing but a true gentleman and professional. When funds allow I'll be installing a new...
  19. M

Where do I buy a Chip in the GTA? (04TDI)

1075 km then the light comes on. Stage II RC with injectors. 2002 Jetta TDI. I am going down to PA near RC first weekend in July. If there is enough interest from people that want to RC their car perhaps I could leave a day earlier and get down to Jeff's and have some ECU's done. All I'd need is...
  20. M

Anyone unhappy with RC?

Jeff is the MAN!!!!!!! I have nothing but good things to say abput my Rocketchip install. I had RC2 and nozzles installed at Jeff's house last July. What an amzing difference it made to my car. As soon as he started the car after doing mods, I could hear the difference in the sound of the...