Search results

1. T

FS: O1M 4-Speed Auto Transmission

Runs great with only 127,000mi- if interested we can meet up for a test drive. I'm converting to manual so will have removed free of charge. Asking $500 obo Thanks
  2. T

Clearing Airbag Light

I swapped my seats out and I'm having an airbag light fault coming from the seat belt recievers. There are two too many wires to connect the seat belt connector to the harness so I just attached matching yellow and brown wires leaving the green and blue unconnected but no luck. Maybe I should've...
  3. T

MK4 Clearance Sale w/ Free Stuff

FS: (everything obo) Jetta black leather rear door cards $50 for 1 Jetta grey cloth rear door cards $15 for 1 Golf grey cloth front door cards $20 for 1 Golf grey glove box $40 Golf grey interior lights $5 for 1 Golf grey grab handles $5 for 1 Golf grey sunroof console $10 Golf grey...
  4. T

Won't Pass Inspection

The local mechanic evaluated my car as needing new tie rods and quoted 2.8 hours of labor plus parts. I haven't noticed any problems with steering or misalignment, but does this seem like a legitimate quote? Should I consider getting anything else done as a preventative while they're in there or...
  5. T

Replacing Brakes

The brakes still have decent stopping on them but the right rear brake just started to let off a high pitch screech at slower stops. I checked the pad and it seems okay but I still don't like that noise, so I'm thinking about getting some new brakes to be safe. Worst case is I get them and have...
  6. T

Oil Light Flashing

I had just turned on my car and pulled out of a parking lot when I heard a beep just like the gaslight sound. I looked down and it was a flashing red oil light, so not taking any chances I pulled over immediately and checked the dipstick. It read just below the mark, so I thought maybe that...
  7. T

WTB Black front seatbelts

If anyone can spare a pair please let me know. I have an inspection coming up so need to get them in asap. Thanks guys!
  8. T

WTB/WTT 15" Jarama's

Does anyone have or know of any Jarama wheels for sale? I have stock Avus and Aristos but can only trade them. Email me if interested nickoww@gmail.com Thanks for looking!
  9. T

WTB: 15" Jaramas or 18" Aristos

If you can find any send me a pm!
  10. T

Airbag Light Seat Belt Code:

So I took a trip to a trusted mechanic to try and clear my airbag light, the reading is N153 and N154 - (Driver and Passenger Seatbelt Ignition Tensioner?). The seat belt cables were good, so does that mean the internal unit is bad and needs replacing? I have a set of good seat belts but they...
  11. T

Supporting a Chip

I'm getting ready to tune my car to add some power and get rid of the smoke haze at wot. So its time to gather supporting parts. The theme of my selection is future proofing, so if/when I decide to upgrade the mods that are chosen now will not be bottlenecks later. I'm a very slow driver when...
  12. T

FT/WTB Black Leather Door Panels

I have a pair of black leather door panels for a jetta and found out they're slightly different from golf panels. Does anyone have some rears for a golf?
  13. T

What is it?

My car's been making an annoying sound at slow speeds and idle sort of like a humming tuning fork or like a low pitched squeal coming from the front end. It can happen if my foot isn't on the brake or gas and could possibly be happening at higher speeds but just isn't noticeable. There's no...
  14. T

For those who have removed a door panel

I'm swapping out my door panels and the removal process was the easiest thing ever with some help from a vortex diy. However the reinstallation is proving to be somewhat more difficult. Once I have everything connected and the six black fasteners in place, I'm trying to push the top part into...
  15. T

Chip Tuning at the Fest?

Will there be any tuners there and if so who can we plan on seeing?
  16. T

Rear Armrests

Who has seen mk4 rear seats that have a center folding armrest? I've only seen one set of recaro's that have it, but was wondering if anybody else knows of more.
  17. T

Sell your tdi's, We've lost

Well maybe not just yet, but this car marks the beginning of an electric vehicle revolution. Soon this technology is going to completely outdo everything that diesels pride themselves at. The company states that the sales from this vehicle and their previous model will go into a sub $30,000...
  18. T

Ultimate WVO Build

This is somewhat of a multiple questioned post based on some things I was thinking about today. I have been wanting to set up a wvo system for longer than I have had my tdi, but critics of its compatibility make some very good arguements to why its not a viable fuel to use. The two tank design...
  19. T

Sound Proofing Options

What are people doing to quiet the cabin from things such as wind and engine noise. Those seem to be the two loudest things entering the car so far. The wind is probably coming from loose sealing on the door. Could those be replaced with audi seals for a more luxury car quietness? As for the...
  20. T

Richmond Broad St.

I saw a really clean 2011 grey jetta wagon with "DIESELGEEK" euro plates driving through the short pump area. Had to take a second look for a tdiclub license plate frame or something but it was already gone.