Search results

1. Doka TDI

ALH TDI Cruise control / Vanagon

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/vanagon-s/IMG_3467_zps6e8c08c6.jpgOK, figured it out! T121/14 needs to see a +12v input and be connected to the black wire at the Vanagon stalk. When all this happens, you get a binary 1 in Vag-com telling you the CCS is active / on. So, to recap... (...
  2. Doka TDI

Yeah, I have both brake light inputs connected. I see both in Vag-com. I noticed that the signal to the stalk comes from T121/ 14, I didn't use this wire, since it was +12v, but it might have something to do with completing the circuit.
  3. Doka TDI

I've been trying to get my cruise working on my ALH swap into my 89 Doka. So far, I have installed both pedal switches, and hooked them up to the inputs at the ECU, cruise brake switch is pin 65, and the clutch is pin 66. I have a working VSS, I see it in Vag-com, I have a factory cruise...
  4. Doka TDI

TD Tuning @ TDI Fest

Will you be able to flash an 05 ECU?
  5. Doka TDI

TDIFest PDX 2010 Registration

reg'd it's in my backyard how can I not show up?:)
  6. Doka TDI

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

What do you need to do to get the ALH to work at 50 degrees? I thought they didn't work that way due to the oil pump needing to be submersed.
  7. Doka TDI

Glow plug/wiring issues

Don't the GP's only cycle below 48 degrees?
  8. Doka TDI

fresh Vanagon TDI swap, no start

I had a similar issue when I started my ALH in my Syncro this weekend. Tons of white smoke and very hard starting. The IP timing was way retarded. These guys are on the right track. I'd bump the timing forward until it kicks. It should start when you get close. Then use the vag com and dial it...
  9. Doka TDI

New swap, with codes...

Figured it out. The Yellow / black wires in the harness are +12v with the ignition on. I missed a fused link when I made the harness. All of them correspond to the error codes I had.
  10. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

You are correct. When I built the harness, or copied really, it is missing a leg that goes to the fuse box. This Yellow / black wire needs +12v to power all the items in my list of codes. Here's the strange bit, you can set your IP timing, but it will not be correct. Once the yellow / black...
  11. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

Thanks, I'm heading in that direction. At this point, looking at the current flow diagram, I'm trying to figure out where this wire gets +12v. It branches off a junction and one lead goes to the GP relay. I measured voltage at the relay and it's grounded. I get .6 ohms. I swapped in a new GP...
  12. Doka TDI

New swap, with codes...

Nope, At this point I'm trying to figure out the Yellow / black wires in the harness that feeds to all of these items. Can't figure out if it's supposed to be +12v or a ground.
  13. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

Thanks, I went that route first. I pulled the harness and traced the N75 wire to the pin out at the ECU. It's there. The wire is red / brown, I'm not sure now if there's an issue with the other wire to N75. It's Yellow / black, and this wire is shared by everything on the list of codes. From...
  14. Doka TDI

New swap, with codes...

I've just installed an 03 ALH into my Syncro Doka (Vanagon doublecab). I had the ECU's immo deleted, and I modified the harness to run without the cluster. I drove the donor prior to the swap, and it ran great. I installed a new timing belt while the engine was on the stand, made it much...
  15. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

Here's the latest codes, I unplugged and plugged the MAF back in a few times to get that code to go away. Both wires in the harness for N75 and N18 do go back to the ECU. I'm not running the cluster, so the wires are cut and capped off. Not sure if that would limp. I'm fairly certain the N75...
  16. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

It's in and running! Got the 03 ALH in, and it's running. I've got a few codes that I'm trying to figure out. It goes into limp. here's the codes: VAG-COM Version: Release 409.0-S Control Module Part Number: 038 906 012 FD Component and/or Version: RC2 R4 EDC G600SG 4102...
  17. Doka TDI

Has anyone put a TDI INTO vw Rabbit TRUCK

There's a guy running around Portalnd Oregon witht that swap. Saw it at a show last summer.
  18. Doka TDI

Need advice! Please share your experience!!

I too made the mistake of thinking I was getting a great deal. When the parts arrived they were all "made in China". I sent an email back to them telling them I would be sending the parts back. I paid extra to have tracking and delivery confirmation. They recevied the parts but will not answer...
  19. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

Thanks guys! I'm running power steering, I guess I'll do the measure when I get there.
  20. Doka TDI

Syncro Doka ALH

I'm in the process of installing an 03 ALH into my Syncro Doka. I'm running into a few issues. Does anyone have info on a a serpentine belt for the ALH with the A/C removed? Maybe a part number? or a kit?