Search results

1. cat793

WTB NewSouth Performance EGT Gauge (Indigo). MK4 Jetta

WTB ...new or used ( in good working order and condition ) NewSouth Performance EGT Gauge (Indigo).short probe ..so if you have one and don't need it anymore ..let me know If like to buy it off you ..the delivery times on a new one has now been moved out till next year .. Thank you Peter
  2. cat793

Harv , mate simply the best.........

G’day , I would just like to pass on to everyone my buying experience with Leonard Harview at Wild Rose Motors. I cannot speak highly enough of the level of service and the expertise that Harv showed throughout my purchase. Harv is a true professional in the way he handles his business and...
  3. cat793

Multifuction Trip Computer ( MFD)

G'day all, Does anybody know how to change the language of the display of the Multifuction Trip Computer..... I have moved down to Argentina and the 2003 Golf TDI stationwagon I have bought has the display in Spanish ( I don't have a problem reading spanish, I would like to change it to...
  4. cat793

TM Tuning - Germany

I would like to know if any members have had experiances dealing with TM Tuning out of Germany , any experiances good or bad would be much appreciated. Cheers Pete
  5. cat793

FS 1996 Passat TDI Wagon ( SOLD )

Ladies and Gents, I am offering my 1996 Passat TDI Wagon, reluctantly for sale. I am moving to Argentina to take up my new position with Caterpillar. The wagon has a black exterior, it has a few shopping cart/ parking lot dings and stone chips, but overall the exterior is in good condition. The...
  6. cat793

Cold idle problem

96 TDI is "Hunting" at idle when cold,once engine temp is up a bit it settles down and idles fine. Cheers
  7. cat793

G11-G12

Hi, I have a 96 Passat TDI and was wondering what coolant to use , what is the difference between G11(Blue) and G12(Red). On the expansion bottle in the engine bay it has written G11 .. Thanks
  8. cat793

Keyless entry for passat

How do I fit keyless entry to my 1996 Passat Wagon , what kit , how much and from where . Thanks
  9. cat793

Coolant spec's

Coolant spec\'s Hi, Could someone please tell me what is the correct coolant to use in a TDI engine ????
  10. cat793

Ignition switch

Gents, I am having trouble starting my 1996 Passat. No matter how much I wiggle the key or move the steering wheel the key won't turn.... It seems to me to be a problem with the key tumbler assembly. Is this a common problem and what is involved in changing the key tumbler. Cheers
  11. cat793

Help fitting tunning box

Could someone please tell me why my MIL & Glow plug light are both coming on once I fit the tunning box to my 96 passat. I contacted the place where I purchased the box & they said turn the adjustment screw inside the box counter clockwise. I have done this & the lights still flash. Any advise...
  12. cat793

Wastegate bypass valve G75

Could anyone in the "know" tell me about the wastegate bypass valve. I know why it's there and what it does ,but is it supposed to " chatter". It sounds to me, at idle as if it is operating, a sort of ticking sound .... No flashing lights,MIL or otherwise.
  13. cat793

96 Passat MAF

Hi, could anyone tell me if the 2.0L MAF that has been discussed at length , will fit my 96 Passat???
  14. cat793

Flashing Glow plug indicator light

Could anybody please help me with a problem that I just encounted on my 1996 Passat Wagon, the glow plug indicator light is flashing. I need to drive home tonight !!!!!