Search results

1. M

Limp mode no AC?

Searched a number of times with no luck (tough search). Looking at purchasing a early 05 jetta BEW. Currently in limp mode, actuator problem. So if it's in limp mode would it cause the AC not to work?
  2. M

Ross-Tech KEY-USB

Pm sent.
  3. M

Ross-Tech KEY-USB

Pm sent.
  4. M

Questions about a 2005 Golf with rebuilt title

My son bought an 05 Jetta TDI with a salvage title 5 years ago. The owner had hit a rock and put a hole in the transmission, the car was totaled because of the expense of a new tranny. A rebuilt tranny was put in it by the seller and my son has not had any issues except for normal where and...
  5. M

How far can you go before changing the timing belt?

Ok so I'm going to pour some fuel on the fire. All everyone talks about is how many miles before timing belt change. For example my wife's 05 BEW Jetta has 21,000 miles on it! Is it time for a timing belt change?:rolleyes: The thing I have tried to find out for years is what is the TIME limit or...
  6. M

"Is this normal?" Questions from someone who got a scanguage

My son just drove an 05 BEW Jetta from Montana to Phoenix. Loaded to the max 2 bikes and top rack full of stuff. 2 snow storms, winds that were unbelievable. 21.5 mpg for 1350 miles:mad:. Empty normal long trips 40-45 mpg.
  7. M

200,000 mile club... roll call!

And according to the VW super bowl ad a German engineer gets wings when ever a VW hits 100,000 miles:). Oh and at 200,000 miles a rainbow shoots out of their butts!
  8. M

Axle punched hole in transmission case (Big pics)

If it was mine I would use a product like this. http://www.amazon.com/Fusor-1-7oz-Metal-Patch-Adhesive/dp/B00B3HXS94/ref=sr_1_42?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1388280613&sr=1-42&keywords=Lord+Fusor I'd make a small patch out of aluminum clean it and then glue it on. This is the same type of glue that...
  9. M

Dropped Window

My sons window fell, had just enough to get a hold of the window to pull back up. VW says to use "3M 08641 Automix™ Channel Bonding and Sidelite Adhesive" to glue the glass into the rubber.
  10. M

Delete

Just went through this with my sons Jetta today. He tried to roll the window down during the cold. It didn't go down but a few days later when it warmed up the window fell down inside the door. I was worried that it had the bad clips but was able to get the window up and taped it in place. I...
  11. M

Frost heater tripping outside outlet

And hope no one touch's your car!!!
  12. M

Frost heater tripping outside outlet

Try a different extension cord (if your using one).
  13. M

MKIV TDI Valve Job with Lots of Pics

Very nice photos. I pointed out to my wife that..what a nice work bench, granite counters and all. Got to the last post I was not the only one to notice.
  14. M

Water Level Sensor False Reading

Funny thing. A couple of days ago the wife said she started the car (first really cold morning) and the low fluid light came on. She turned it off to look in the owners manual to be sure but when she started it up all was, and has been fine. About an hour later got a call from the kid. He wants...
  15. M

VAG/VCDS..engine temp question.

So just got done doing a belt change on 05 bew engine. Engine runs all is good except the engine temp gauge is now not reading any temp. Checked gauge with VCDS it's working. Connected VCDS and it's reading temp, scan gauge is also reading. I know the water temp sender has two separate circuits...
  16. M

The only Acceptable Paint Job for a Smart Car

What your saying is not as true as your jesting about. I have a friend that drives a smart car (as do I and also a Jetta) and was hit head head on by another driver recently. Both were going 65 MPH. The other car was a mid size sedan. He survived and in fact remained conscious to call 911. Yes...
  17. M

wheres the montana tdi's?!?!?

Another "lurker" here in Whitefish. Not a lot to say but there is always a lot to read.
  18. M

New To Driving Stick - A Couple of Questions.

After reading some of these posts I feel comfortable leaving the keys in my 70 Bronco. With an emergency brake that you have step on and "three" on the tree most people couldn't get it going on the flats much more on a hill.:rolleyes:
  19. M

Buy a car thats been in an accident??

That may or may not be true. My son just bought a 05 JettaTDI that has a salvage title. It had the infamous glow plug recall done a year ago and it showed right on the work order salvage. One of the reasons the owner was selling the car was hard starting during the winter. I went to the...