Search results

1. T

Fs Nos AHU bits, some Aaz

These were installed but not used...i was told came from crate engines damaged in shipping. Nothing has any damage that i can tell...if you look carefully you can see there's likely no miles on this stuff. Some localized corrosion from storage. Some pics of the rusty vac pump after...
  2. T

Nos 1.6td hydro head and cam

OEM parts, the real deal. AMC is ok but the alloy is softer. 800cdn shipped to CONUS/Canada. Was probably complete when new, valvetrain likely removed to keep other heads running. From VW shop closing. I have some new spring seats I can include if you're transferring your valves over. Guides are...
  3. T

1.6TD Giles pump

Freshly built performance pump, never installed. Tuned for stock turbo 10-12psi. Just picked it up 2 weeks ago. Plans have changed and I dont need it anymore. I also found a brand new 1.6td stock pump recently so I am good. I have one of these, pretty much same specs on my 90 1.6 Jetta daily and...
  4. T

NOS 1.6 mechanical head - Toronto

How does hardening go? Is it not temperature cycling...heating to certain temps, for a amounts of time, at a certain rates, then cooling, at certain rates, to certain temps, a few times? A recipe of sorts. So I guess would it be the whole piece or are we talking non-uniform heat distribution to...
  5. T

Appreciate the options but I've never run mech heads and have a few good hydro's to choose from so I figure I'd use this for funding. All my blocks are hydro as well, good for parts interchange, etc. As far as NA vs TD goes, for me, they have become pretty well interchangeable, practically...
  6. T

Correct, this is a solid lifter head for the mechanical purists. I checked under the lifters, everything is well oiled, no signs of corrosion at all.
  7. T

What happened to the 1.6 diesel people? I feel like there's no one else running this stuff...makes parts easy to find but im lonely :(
  8. T

No corrosion and no cam. Not sure if im including valve cover. In original VW box with rails! 068103373N $500cdn
  9. T

No Longer WTB ALH Injector Puller Tool

Debbie downer here. If they have not been anti-seized and have been in there a while they are not coming out with a slide hammer. You need to get a tight 15mm wrench, get the motor hot and twist them side to side while pulling up on the lines. You can get sacrificial line(s) at the wreckers for...
  10. T

NOS AAZ motor $3500CDN Toronto

I have a mostly complete AAZ in new, unused condition. Some surface rust from storage. Pistons, rings are there. I have all the valves, 7 of 8 buckets, i think 5 of the springs for the head. I can't find the rods. Missing are: Pan, valve cover Left and right crank seal carriers Rods Upper...
  11. T

What is a Garrett GT17V?

Part number is 713672-9006S...appears to be a GT1749V, 110hp Euro unit.
  12. T

What is a Garrett GT17V?

I don't have a caliper large enough to reach all the way down into the tapered compressor side but the ID would be about ~37mm near the inducer. Assuming the turbine bore is not tapered its right around 41.5 Has "0.46" on the compressor housing. I scanned, could not find it in the turbo...
  13. T

What is a Garrett GT17V?

The short part number on the label does not help...this appears to my untrained eye a hybrid VNT15/17...the turbine seems quite a bit larger but the compressor is the same? I cant find any good info...some call it a VNT15 and others a 17, some say its a GT1749V? Bollocks.
  14. T

FS: parting out AAZ - Toronto

This is a junkyard engine. Based on the documentation I found in the car and general condition it appears that its been sitting since 2010 after a head and timing belt service after a timing belt break. Based on how easily the head was to clean I assume it has been sitting since shortly after...
  15. T

WTB ALH Injection Pump NC FOUND

Local junkyard? Ours up here have become full of MK4 TDI's as of recent.
  16. T

Junkyard 1.9 AAZ - how'd i do?

So i investigated this yesterday, hopefully gets a passing grade. Pics of the head as well. I did, however, find a pretty decent nick in the top of the block, directly between cylinders 3 & 4. I found a seized bolt in one of the 'ears' on the rear pulley side thay holds the PS pump...
  17. T

Interesting...my understanding is that the aaz injectors and pump are a dual stage system and run much higher pop pressures...something like 250bar vs 160on the 1.6TDs? What did you do to your pump, if i might ask, and how did you know how to do it? Get a turbo on there! These are probably the...
  18. T

There's an 86 golf NA for sale locally, nice little 2 door, kind of a brown burgundy. Pretty rotten underneath...if i get it cheap im going to practice my sheet metal skills and drop this motor into it...it will look rough im sure but should go like hell. Yessir, y'all south of 49th folk did...
  19. T

These are becoming hard to find so i thought id pull one i thought was in good shape. The head cleaned up super easy, almost as if it had been worked on before it was parked. Pistons and mating surface as well. Car didn't appear to have any accident damage but body was pretty soft all over. I...
  20. T

1.6td oscillating sound at idle and low rpm

Thanksyousir for getting back, some good info there. Yes, this is a GL model and has everything, AC and PS - I will check everything over. I did manage to put some slack into the belt about halfway through my trip...so about 1200miles driven with overtension. After getting home to check oil...