Search results

1. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

For what its worth I had the phase 2 last week, light burning smell at startup that passed quickly after running a bit. Today, about a week and 300 miles after I had smoke coming out at a red light as a regen cycle started, was a couple miles from the dealer that did the work, and just rolled...
  2. R

VWA wants to test my emission corrected JSW

Did the OP end up doing the testing deal? I just got my letter in the mail for my '15 GSW this and am considering it, but trying to find out more info on the deal.
  3. R

Getting the spare tire out

Thanks I thought it was that easy, but it would not budge. Ill give it another shot today. Thanks for the tip on the bolt spacing too, the stuck nut saved me from future disaster
  4. R

Getting the spare tire out

I was going to pull my spare and try to swap it with my full size tire from the 2000 golf I recently sold. It was a the moment of sale that we tried to make the swap, and I realized that I can not figure out how to get the spare out of my new car. The pic in the manual is not quite like the...
  5. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

The Golf has found her new home where she is most likely to be restored to operating glory as a commuter for a young guy. Thank you to everybody here who has helped me keep her alive for the last 15 years or so. as well as all the interest in the thread and PM channels.
  6. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

tires rolled for 4 days before the clutch let lose, so relatively new. assortment of springs, new in box rear suspension arm bushings, front torsion bar bushings, winter air filter, oil filter, rear disk rotors, rear pads. older and newer VAG-Com cables, the car runs and idles, but will not go...
  7. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

anybody want to make a reasonable offer before I part this one out? So far every deal or interest has fallen off before it got off the ground. Considering the tires, and spare parts alone it is a very fair deal for the right fit. I do have the ability to invoke a 100 mile tow from triple A...
  8. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

Bump to top just because selling this weekend would be awesome. Did I mention it is a 15 year old car with no rust and or bolts rusted in place? Hooray California for preserving active cars
  9. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

No engine mods, outside of near stock injectors and stealth EGR. It sipps a little oil and coolant in hot weather. about a quart of each every three to 5K, and just runs. I was honestly planning on just doing the timing belt and pushing it through to the spring. The clutch issue made that...
  10. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

Bumping to the top, and hoping to sell this, and not learn about dropping off a car at the scrap yard. I have a 100 mile AAA tow to help get her to the next stopping point if needed
  11. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

The Mk4 Garage Clean out continues. Sway bar bushings that came as part of a suspension bushing kit, but were not needed at the time, new in the box. Found a bin of springs, front stock and a rear set from a Jetta wagon. These were from the time that I was developing a 2" lift kit that worked...
  12. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

First pass through the garage and found all this to include; 20150816_122237 by rperks1, on Flickr I have a box of various front and rear springs from the time when I was getting the 2" lift sorted out. No longer lifted. I am sure there is more to come out and be included. Without another...
  13. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

I should also add the fact that it may bee what was considered a 1999.5 or early German built 2000. Aside from basic manual interior upgraded with GTI parts where needed, it is mostly original stuff, original relay 109, and many of the MKiv issues never made an appearance, it just ran and ran...
  14. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090299 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090298 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090297 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090295 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090294 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090293 by rperks1, on Flickr...
  15. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

More Pictures. I still need to pull the rear head rests and cargo area cover out of storage. 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090308 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090306 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090305 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15 2000 Golf TDI-1090304 by rperks1, on Flickr 8.15...
  16. R

2000 Golf TDI GL Green

SOLD - 2000 Golf TDI GL Green This car is a project, my best value purchase in a car at 15 years and 280,000 miles as the single owner. I am certain it has life left in it, and/or a bunch of usable parts. Life, two jobs and the need for two kid seats with easy access all hit at the same time...
  17. R

Clutch not disengaging?

My 2000 Golf GL owned since new celebrated the turn of 280,000 miles with the clutch acting up. The pedal has a slightly soft feel, but still even resistance from top to bottom, just not opening up the clutch. It runs fine and mostly normal sounds in neutral. If I try and start it in gear...
  18. R

Toads Wild Ride

The strut towers are still intact, and everything is symmetrical. I think a full refresh kit will be the starting point. I also am pretty sure I have the original low milage front springs from when I switched to VR6 10 years ago. While not optimum, they should at least give me a control...
  19. R

Toads Wild Ride

I was thinking the same thing, sort of. I have not pulled the whole front end apart yet to inspect. Just what I could see crawling under with the golf up on ramps What I could find from searching was that people are starting to replace their springs for a variety of reasons, described as...
  20. R

Toads Wild Ride

I have been searching the archives to little avail on this one. My Golf is pushing 250,000 and the suspension has been through 2" lifts, bilstien Hd and now Koni Red. I know it is in need of ball joints, bushings and rod ends, things are a little klunky. The odd thing though is the fact that...