Search results

1. O

Severe engine rattle, please help!

No it was regularly serviced with the correct oil. Turns out the 1.9 PD of 2007 and 2008 have an inherent design fault with the bottom end, the crank and rods were changed to reduce costs and poorly made shells fitted that de-laminate over time. BXE and BLS engines, a quick google search brings...
  2. O

This turned out be be trashed no. 2 big end brg and badly scored crank. ( surprise surprise), so another bls code engine bites the dust. Car now sold for spares/repair. Very annoyed as ive just added to a HUGE list of disappointed customers. Getting a Toyota next
  3. O

Cant see anything loose around the cat, whilst i was underneath i put my ear to the sump and it sounds fine, i would like to do an oil pressure check though but havent a clue how its done on the PD, an ideas? thanks
  4. O

Just going out to check the cat now, really doesnt sound bottom end and seems to come from the back.
  5. O

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, but couldnt find a general mechanical fault section.. Our A3 (1.9 PD with BLS engine code), suddenly developed a loud rattle, no previous issues, no power loss, fault codes or warning lights. We pulled over and drove to a garage. They said its not...
  6. O

How to adapt new Ex Pressure sensor G450???

I've just had to order a new sensor for the wifes A3 (1.9 tdi) "Exhaust pressure sensor 1 (G450) signal too high intermittent P0473" I've been told the new part will need "adapting". Can this be done with VCDS, step by step guide would be great:) Thanks!
  7. O

AHU in a T4 - will my setup work?

I'm currently running my AHU in a mk2 golf,superbly tuned motor, everything i could ever ask for,spent a lot of time on it (brand new injectors,VNT-17,R520 nozzles,PD150 intake,FMIC and Vr6 clutch. Although it goes well in the Mk2.......I'd much rather it was in a bus:( I thought about a T3...
  8. O

Fitting PD lift pump into Mk3 - bit confused!

Thanks!,i'll let you know how i get on
  9. O

Fitting PD lift pump into Mk3 - bit confused!

Just to report back on this and say that G60 is correct (not that i ever doubted you of course;)),after a few runs and fill up at the station,my gauge is going backwards!:D Luckily i have a Mk3 sender so i'll swap over at the weekend.
  10. O

Question about brake switches

Thanks,that link did help! Mike,i've played about with the switch - seems the fault is intermittent but my new one should be here today.Yes you are right,when i got it working,i held it at about 2500 in neutral and pressed the brake - the revs died to idle.
  11. O

cool, new switch is on the way.I think the vagcom is fooling me as athough good as a static setup tool i think i'm getting the fault on the move.Took me a week to figure this out,i just don't like swapping things until i'm sure;)
  12. O

Think i have a duff one (implausible brake signal) but it seems to switch in VCDS ok Could anyone explain what's going on here? In measuring blocks,group 6.... I'm seeing 001 Clutch pressed i get 101 Which returns back ok to 001 Brake pressed...
  13. O

Going limp and frustrated!

ok,got hooked up on VCDS today, checked measuring blocks in group 6 I'm seeing 001 When i press the brake pedal i get 011 When i let go it returns to 001 Operating the clutch gives 101 (but the first one sometimes stays on for a while until i kick the pedal) And pressing both...
  14. O

I'm not bothered about it storing a code as long as it doesn't relate to any running issues.Done using this method,could it flash the glowplug light?
  15. O

Thanks Mike,yes a strange one.However i think i have narrowed it down to the brake switch.I realised that If i have a long straight motorway run,it comes on after 5 miles,with short town runs it will last a lot longer.So i'm assuming it doesn't like the pedals being left alone for any length of...
  16. O

Ha! Forgot to say,it's doing this regardless of driving style - fast run or slow cruise! One more thing.My ECU is inside the car,fixed to the underside of the passenger tray,could it get too hot here?
  17. O

I've been driving my Tdi powered Mk2 for a week now and it runs great but i'm getting limp mode after a few miles.I posted over on Mk3 forum but i think maybe this is connected to my mods:confused: Regular is hell,5-6 miles then flashing glow plug light,down to idle with no throttle response...
  18. O

How do i callibrate brake light switch?

Just the info i was after - thanks Mike!
  19. O

How do i callibrate brake light switch?

Still getting an implausible signal - brake pedal switch:( the brake lights work fine,just a small amount of free play in the pedal before they come on.I've been reading up on the subject and it seems that because i have 2 switches they need to be callibrated to both contact at the same time...
  20. O

Flashing glow plug light after 5 miles?

Thanks mate - vag com says 1 then switches to 001 .I'm assuming it should switch 1 then 000? Does this mean the switch is sticking or poorly adjusted?.Silly question,i have 2 switches on the brake pedal,is it the top one or the bottom i should be checking?.Could someone please explain the...