Search results

1. T

WTB: working AHU injection pump

98 Jetta TDI needs a new one.
  2. T

Front hood stuck

I went to open the hood on the 03 Jetta wagon. It popped up, and when I pulled on the tab, it would not release. Further, I wanted to push it close and start over but something is preventing it from closing. Any help appreciated. Merry Christmas to all! TW
  3. T

WTB: 98 Jetta headlight securing rings

Need a couple of the rings that hold the bulbs into the headlight housing on a 98 Jetta TDI sedan. Thanks. TW
  4. T

Anyone still doing BSM deletes?

Does anyone still do this work?? Prices?? Thanks.
  5. T

Thank You

To the organizers and participants - THANK YOU for a great 2016 Fest. Carolyn really enjoyed her first Fest. Safe travels to all ! TW
  6. T

Vibration-mount issue?

First: Happy Memorial holiday - thanks to all who serve or have served! Car is 2005 Passat TDI 4 dr sedan. I am getting significant vibration upon acceleration and usually past 50 mph. A club member suggested tire issue - swapped front with known good ones - no change. In doing tires saw...
  7. T

Torque Converter seating distance

I swear I read on the forum a posting of the proper distance for a correctly seated torque converter along with the improper distance if it was not fully seated. My apologies, but I've searched and cannot find it...maybe it was another forum .....but I sure thought it was here. If it was and...
  8. T

Part assistance

Looking for the part numbers of the parts circled in yellow - truck tire took these out, and maybe the clip underneath as well. Can the protective cover film be done as a DIY project?
  9. T

Part number/bolt type?

Looking for part # or bolt type for the bolt that goes thru the hold-down clamp into the battery tray on a 98 Jetta TDI. If available would appreciate part numbers for the clamp and battery tray as well. Thanks in advance. TW
  10. T

WTB: For 98 Jetta TDI

looking for a battery tray-hold down clip-bolt on 98 Jetta TDI; and a SET of sun visors that are functional (would like beige/tan color). Plz let me know -thanks. TW
  11. T

Part Number assistance

Can anyone supply the part # or thread type for the bolt/screw that clamps the fuel filter on a 98 Jetta TDI fuel filter mounting? Thanks.
  12. T

Part number assistance

I am replacing the lower radiator hose on the 2005 Passat TDI. I have the hose and the larger o-rings, but I don't have a part number or the size of the o-ring for the sensor that is housed in the lower hose. Info greatly appreciated. Thanks. TW
  13. T

WTB: Front end parts

SHE had an INTERESTING accident :confused: in MY car (03 Jetta TDI Wagon) and now I am looking for the following parts: Right and Left Side Fender Liner or Wheel Housing Covers with hardware Right and Left Side Engine Cover Side Skirts (support belly pan) Right and Left Side Bumper Side...
  14. T

VCDS readings - issues?

Vehicle: 98 Jetta AHU At idle, engine warmed, the following VCDS readings were obtained: Group 8: eng speed 903 – (1st) Inj qty 0.0 mg/str – (2nd) Inj qty 28.4 mg/str – (3rd) Inj qty 28.2 mg/str Group 13: cyl #1 .16 mg/str – cyl #2 -.09 mg/str – cyl #3 -.09 mg/str – cyl #4 blank, no...
  15. T

WTB-98 Jetta drk blu metallic GRILLE

Guess it doesn't hurt to ask -98 Jetta GRILLE; anyone have one already with the dark blue metallic on it? Thanks. TW
  16. T

Timing Saga Continues

From my post several weeks ago, I advanced the resealed IP sprocket 1 tooth and with additional advance, the 98 Jetta fired up. I had loaned my Vag cable so I could not check. Today I put it on the Vag. When I switched to Basic Settings and then went to the timing graph, it started running...
  17. T

Need Guru help now

Like 98TDI, I had a leaking IP on the 98 Jetta. Sent it for re-seal, and as it was time for the 3rd TB change, I installed the pump and did the TB along with water pump. This is the 3rd TB change and I have done each one - and know the timing is "spot on". Left the lines loose to purge air...
  18. T

98 Jetta AHU IP woodruff key

Believe me - you don't want to ask :( Does anyone have the part number for the Injector Pump shaft sprocket woodruff key for a 98 Jetta TDI? Thnx. TW - Louisville
  19. T

Part number help

Can anyone advise the part number for the sway bar bushing bracket BOLT - vehicle is 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. Thanks. TW
  20. T

WTB: 98 Jetta glove box latch

Latch broke- interior is beige, but I am probably willing to accept other colors. Thanks. TW