Search results

1. O

Rear Bilstein popping noise - the cure

Hi My car developed a popping noise in rear suspension after a trip with 3 people in the back, boot full of stuff, and a towbar carrier, over bad roads at speed. Need I go on :rolleyes: Anyway, got me worried since I put Bilstein sports in only 3k miles ago. But the fix was really simple...
  2. O

Water pump replacement without timing belt replacement

Hi Last year, my car (A4 platform, TDI, ASV engine) went for the first time to stealer to do the timing belt and replace water pump. Timing belt job went just fine. But since then there is a small leakage, not enough to successfully argue for a warranty repair, but enough to annoy. I add about...
  3. O

Q-loader with 2.5TDI V6 163bhp BDG - does it work?

Hi Has anyone tried Q-loader with 2.5TDI V6 163bhp BDG engine? Does it flash correctly? KWP2000+ fails that one, so I want to check befre buying.
  4. O

Where in the UK to get Wurth HHS-2000?

Where in the UK can I get Wurth HHS-2000? I need to lubricate the locks, and this sounds like the stuff I need. Edit: Never mind, just got it in Germany.
  5. O

KWP2000+ fails flash update in 2.5TDI V6 BDG ECU

Hi Folks I am posting in TDI101 and in OBD to warn anyone who might want to use KWP2000+ interface to flash Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6 160bhp (or a B5.5 VW Passat). Note these are engines used in Europe. In my case, we attempted it at tuner's site. The interface erased the ECU, and then returned...
  6. O

KWP200PLUS fails flash update on 2.5TDI V6 160bhp

Hi Folks I am posting in TDI101 and in OBD to warn anyone who might want to use KWP2000+ interface to flash Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6 160bhp (or a B5.5 VW Passat). Note these are engines used in Europe. In my case, we attempted it at tuner's site. The interface erased the ECU, and then returned...
  7. O

Passat 80l fuel tank?

I am after more range on my Skoda Superb (think long wheelbase FWD VW Passat) Do you know if 80l fuel tank that is found on some B5.5 Passats fits B5 Passats (of which Superb is a derivative), and is it for 4 wheel drive only or for FWD as well? I had an impression at least during 2 years...
  8. O

HELP: Part numbers for MAP and N75 plugs and matching sockets +wires ?

Folks I need to play a little bit with N75 and MAP signals on my 2.5TDI V6. The nicest/least invasive way to do it is to get plugs/sockets/wires from the dealer and put together a couple of makeshift "tuning boxes". Can you feed me with part numbers for MAP (pressure) sensor plug and a...
  9. O

New hybrid turbo in - need N75 help! N75 tuning?

Folks I need your help with N75 issue. I just put a new VNT hybrid from TDIfreak into my Superb 2.5TDI V6 and ran it. It's a lot higher flow, and above 3krpm, wow, what a rocket even without further chip tuning. From idle, it is also OK, up to 1500rpm (I adjusted stop screw and linkage)...
  10. O

My new turbo is coming...

Hi TDIfreak has sensibly shot a few photos of my new turbo before sending it over to me, I really like these 2: Before and after: :D :D :D If you do not see the difference, please do assume TDIfreak just wanted to show off his old Nokia :p By the way, a question to all turbogurus...
  11. O

TURBO GIVEAWAY - get GT2052V for help with Garrett Turbo part number/info

Hi Folks I am looking to replace a GT2052V turbo with a bigger GT2256V, GT2259V or GT2260V turbo. I need a Garret part number for one of the above GT22v turbos that has exhaust inlet poinitng down, and air outlet pointing as per pics below, or in other words epsilon angle of 0deg and delta...
  12. O

GRF 6-speed gearbox final drive ratios?

Reposting in Upgrades, perhaps someone over here knows: Hi I am looking for gear and final drive ratios for a GRF gearbox, used on Euro 2.0TDI 140bhp. I can find gear ratios, but not the 1-4 and 5-6 final drive ratios (2 final drives). Alternatively, speed/rpm in 6th on a Euro MkV Golf...
  13. O

GRF 6-speed gearbox final drive ratios

Hi I am looking for gear and final drive ratios for a GRF gearbox, used on Euro 2.0TDI 140bhp. I can find gear ratios, but not the 1-4 and 5-6 final drive ratios. Can you help?
  14. O

stock vs yellow Koni vs Bilstein Sprint (B8)

Hi I have changed my suspension to yellow Koni shocks / Eibach springs some time ago. It's a great setup for B-roads, and I love the handling. What I like less, is the noise and reduced comfort on autobahn at 100mph+. Yellow Konis seem too stiff for that application, even on full soft setting...
  15. O

simple mod to advance timing on a TDI?

Hi I am looking into water injection as power and fuel economy improver. I have worked out most issues, but I would like to advance timing whenever water injection is on. Is there a pin on injection pump harness that controlls start of injection (perhaps indirectly) and if yes, how to hook it...
  16. O

Windscreen washer fluid upgrade

Hi Over the past 3 years, I have tried maybe 10 different brands of windscreen washer fluid, both diluted and undiluted. Let's just say I am not impressed. So, with this in mind, I recently bought 50l of isopropanol, which I mix 50/50 with water in winter, and intend to mix 25/75 in summer. I...
  17. O

Parts CD with A5 platform info

Folks, help me out on this one: I am beginning to research my next car, and in order to get Mk V platform well, I need an up to date working version of a CD (let's call it AKTE which has the information on Golf Mk V or Skoda Octavia. Can be for VW/Audi or for Skoda, Skoda preferred. Can...
  18. O

Is the new 2.0 TDI PD a balancer shaft engine?

I read conflicting reports on Internet, so perhaps someone could clarify it for me: Is the new 2.0 4-cylinder TDI PD equipped with a balancing shaft, or is it just a figment of journalist's imagination (or a result of cut and paste between 2.0FSI and 2.0 TDI engine descriptions)? If you know...
  19. O

Exhaust restrictor to warm up TDI quicker?

Hi With winter coming and no access to mains to Zerostart my car, I was pondering bolting together a manually-operated exhaust restrictor to provide increased load for the engine and get the engine warmed up quicker when idling. Yes I know , idling is not to good for the TDI, but on my trips...
  20. O

VW R5 2.5 TDI 5-cylinder engine POLL, plans?

UBB22-ML-861594-ML-