Search results

1. C

Hard Start this morning

Have not really run into this issue yet... This morning it started and stalled twice. Stumbled stalled. Pulled out the actron reader and no codes, let it sit a minute. Stumbled a bit started, and ran fine. I will have to pull out the vagcom after work and see if any codes are pending.
  2. C

Seat replacement

Hey I was wondering I have a 2011 jetta and want to swap the front seats since it has about 100k and the drivers seat leatherette started pealing the other day in the side bolster. I know the passat seats fit in the Golf. Will they bolt up to the Jetta? Also anyone have any experience with...
  3. C

P013d0 & p13ce

So my check engine light came on a few weeks ago but by the time I got home it had gone out. It came back on on my way home today and I had my scanner so I managed to catch it this time (Funny how the dealer can never pull anything). Here is what I pulled. Sounds like a glow plug pressure...
  4. C

Erratic when maintaining speed / RPM

Hey guys I was cruising at about 30 ish today under 2k RPM when my car started to stutter it felt like. It has happened before, but sine no light the dealer never could figure it out. Swapped to a different gear and it was fine. Its done it at 45 too (similar RPM). Wondering if anyone had...
  5. C

Oil Pressure Switch

Good Morning. 2011 Jetta TDI Cars going into the shop tomorrow for the oil pressure light coming on. But figured I would ask a few questions. It only comes on if its been sitting a few hours. Overnight sometimes or if I don't go out at lunch. I did an oil change and fuel filter change...
  6. C

Fuel filter additive

Hey guys, Since the car just rolled over its warranty I figure Ill start doing my maintenance again. The question I have is what is the fuel additive that they claim to have added every filter change. Where can I buy it. Thanks
  7. C

Filters

Hey guys, Looking at ordering my filters for my 2011 Jetta. Wondering what filters seem to be the best (Air, Cabin, Oil and Fuel) and who has the best deals they have found - I want to order a few of each since I plan to keep the car.
  8. C

Hitch

Hey guys, Decided to go with a Euro Hitch for my 2011 jetta. Debating on the Westfalia. Which would be great, but fewer attachments here in the US. Or going to http://www.witter-towbar.co.uk/volkswagen-jetta-2006-on-detachable-flange-tow-bar.html Talked with the guys at PF Jones and they...
  9. C

Mk6 Jetta: Hard Start / No Start - Intercooler icing discussion in here!

Attention Mk6 Jetta owners! Moderator note and thread merger: Due to the high volume of intercooler icing threads popping up with the cold weather, I'm creating a STICKY thread in this forum to contain all intercooler icing related discussions. This will make it easier to find information in...
  10. C

Hitches again I am sure

Hey guys, I know everyone loves the European (so do I) I just cant pony up 600 bucks or so for one right now. Was looking at this one though http://hitches4less.com/volkswagen-hitches.html#.Ue3R9I2shcY Its the curt hitch 110722 with the "European" swan neck. Any thoughts? Any pictures?
  11. C

Rear Bumper / Facia on the 2011 Jetta

12. C

VAG Com Ross Tech

Hey I have a Key-USB Daul k Vag com for sale. http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/key-usb.html Asking 200. I plan to upgrade so I can use it on a 2011 at the end of the month. I will ship with a paypal payment.
  13. C

Kessy on 2011 Jetta TDI

Hey, I know on the older models with a MFD you could change the fob through that to open all the doors with one click. I want the doors to all open off the drivers handle. Will this have to be done through the Vag-Com or can it be done in the information center.
  14. C

98 Beetle TDI Needs Motor 2000 OBO

Hey all, well all good things must come to an end, and finally at 450k miles my gf hit something tore open the oil pan and the car died. :mad: I took the oil pan off, no parts in there thankfully, but there are shavings under the tappet cover. The lifter do not lift as they should and the...
  15. C

New Beetle does not switch between Defrost/floor ect

Was wondering if any one has had any experience with this? I looked up the switch system and it is cable driven, all with one switch for AC ect. So I read some saying its the bushing in the blend door actuator. So I was just wondering what I should look at first and move to from there.
  16. C

98 Beetle Injector questions

Alright, so my girlfriend has a 98 bug. I want to upgrade/replace the injectors. One is bad. What should I replace them with. I would like to replace all of them with a slightly larger injector. I was reading the European injectors are larger for more horse power on these, and does not...
  17. C

New Beetle (98) syncros

Hey just wondering if anyone knows were I can get some syncros for the transmission of a 98 beetle m/t. I have been looking online and found them in a kit, but I really need just the syncros. Any links would be helpful, thanks a ton guys!
  18. C

Red oil Light Beeping and Flashing

I have a 98 VW beetle. Ran fine yesterday, today is alot colder in michigan, and went to start it it it flashes the red oil light and beeps and will not start. The book says that means its low pressure. Would this light make it so the car will not start? Any Ideas?
  19. C

Air charged hose

I need a new air charged hose for a 98 vw beetle. Its a short one, and it looks like from what I have found they all split in the same spot. Its back by the firewall, goes to the EGR valve. Dealer wants 150 for it. Is there someone else who makes one?
  20. C

Red heat light at start up

On a 98 TDI beetle my girlfriend gets the red light right as soon as she starts the car. Not really sure what it could be. As soon as the cold light goes off it is fine. Coolant is at proper level. Basicly when she starts it the red light turns on. Can shut the car off, restart it and it...