Search results

1. T

Need advice on my 1st NOx regen - CJAA

I've had a 2011 Jetta TDI that has had the P1A58 code for NOx regen since I got it a year ago. I finally replaced the thermostat that wasn't reading high enough for the regen to occur. I took it out for an hour long highway drive where I initiated the regen cycle in VCDS when coolant temp was...
  2. T

Need advice on replacing dipstick tube - CJAA

I'm in the middle of a thermostat replacement, and am ready to get things back together. Unfortunately, during the process, the dipstick tube broke at the base. How much needs to be removed to get the new dipstick tube installed? There's plenty of access now with the EGR & ASV removed and...
  3. T

Can't get thermostat back onto the plastic pipe

REPOST after not getting any traction in another forum: I've got a Jetta with the CJAA engine and am in the middle of replacing the thermostat. I put the car into service position and got all the tools to remove the thermostat without removing the oil filter housing. I've watched a number of...
  4. T

WTB - CJAA oil dipstick tube

Anyone have a spare? Mine broke off at the base. The dipstick is fine, so I only need the tube for my 2011 Jetta TDI
  5. T

Can't get thermostat back onto the plastic pipe

I've got a Jetta with the CJAA engine and tried to replace the thermostat today. I put the car into service position and got all the tools to remove the thermostat without removing the oil filter housing. I've watched a number of videos and didn't see anyone wrestling with reconnecting the...
  6. T

Creaking sound - trying to identify it....

My '03 has a significant creaking on acceleration & deceleration, most noticeable at lower speeds (come to think of it, I'm not bothered by it at higher speeds, so it may not be there - dunno). I'm fairly certain that it's coming from the left front side. I've pulled that wheel off and checked...
  7. T

WTB: Mk6 TDI Stock airbox for my 2011 Jetta sedan

The 2011 Jetta sedan I have currently has an oiled cone-type filter that I'd like to replace with stock airbox. Here's what I have now. The 2nd picture shows some aluminum tape I used to cover an open space in the housing. I'm not sure what is original and what is aftermarket in these...
  8. T

WTB: Mk4 Jetta headlights and associated plastic parts for mounting.

I need a pair mk4 Jetta headlights and the associated plastic parts that go with them. Mine were demolished in a front end collision..
  9. T

DPF readings in VCDS all zeros....

I got a 2011 Jetta used that I assume has a tune, but I have no info on what that tune may be. The car runs very strong. This code is thrown, which I assume is related to the tune: 001538 - Internal Control Module P0602 - 000 - Programming Error - MIL ON Now, I've checked...
  10. T

WTB: parts car - 1999.5 - 2003(4?) Jetta or Golf. Texas or nearby.

I need to fix this car. Testing the water to see what y'all might having sitting in your yards that you might want gone.
  11. T

Play in front axle bolt - seems excessive side-to-side

I removed the front axle bolt from my 2011 Jetta sedan to replace the struts and noticed that the bolt, once loose, had a lot of side to side play while still having threads engaged - what I'd call a sloppy fit. I tightened one of the bolts back down and it did hold the torque. I'm ordering...
  12. T

Mk6 Jetta sedan TDI - 50 vs 55mm strut - are the stock springs the same?

I am returning my lowered 2011 Jetta TDI to stock ride height. I went to a pick-a-part and got a set of struts from IIRC a 2013 model. Turns out these struts are the 50mm diameter version and mine takes the 55mm. I was going to upgrade the shock component of the strut with a Koni or...
  13. T

Replacing brake master cylinder (2x) does not fix brake pedal slowly going to floor

I changed the brake master cylinder about 6 months ago on my son's car due to the brake pedal slowly lowering to the floor. I noticed the other day that the pedal was doing the same thing, so assumed I got a weak master cylinder. I replaced it again yesterday, but the pedal still falls. We...
  14. T

WTB: Stock springs (or equivalent) for a 2011 MK6 Jetta.

I've got a 2011 Jetta TDI that has lowering springs currently installed. I was going to keep them and upgrade the shocks/struts, but have since decided to raise the car back to stock height. Too many hassles with a lowered car, and I need some semblance of comfort to go with the sport. If...
  15. T

What kind of performance increase to expect from VNT-17 & .230 nozzles in my ALH?

I've upgraded my '03 mk4 Jetta turbo from stock to a VNT-17 and upgraded the nozzles from .205 to .230 (installed to injectors & pop-tested by a respected vendor). I'm running an 11mm pump & have a 3 bar map sensor. I also removed the EGR cooler and put in a race pipe with accompanying...
  16. T

How to store fuel pump?

I replaced my mk4 10mm with an 11mm pump 4 - 6 months ago, and it's been sitting on my bench just as I removed it, with ports/lines capped off. What's the best way to store the pump long-term (indefinite)?
  17. T

AC drier reliability - OEM vs aftermarket

I'm about to order parts to repair my mk4 AC. I'm looking for the receiver/drier and find an OEM drier for $130 one my most used TDI parts site with no aftermarket options. Another site has multiple brands, all for ~$30. Is there a reason to pay OEM prices for this component? I'm thrifty...
  18. T

New VNT-17 installed. Turbo boost hose popped out of intercooler pipe.

I just installed a Garret VNT-17. The vendor supplied related parts, including a Gates turbo hose. When installing it, the hose did not look to be shaped well. To get it to mate as well as possible, I had to loosen the brake line bracket and slide the brake line as much as possible away from...
  19. T

problem fitting new exhaust manifold onto head.

I'm installing a new turbo onto the mk4 and the manifold it came on is not fully sliding over the studs. The problem is at the studs going through the pair of holes in the manifold that are a smaller diameter than other 6 holes, the ones for the #3 exhaust port. I've checked the spacing and...
  20. T

DIY windshield replacement?

Has there been much success with DIY windshield replacement on these MK4's with one pulled from a junkyard car? One of my car's windshield is quite bad, with what looks like a baseball impact on the passengers side. example vid