Search results

1. Yeti35

04 Touareg transmission clunky compared to 2010 - normal for year?

Does it bang in certain gears like between 4-5? If so the valve body in it needs changed out. I think the '10 got an update one since I have yet to notice it on mine compared to my 04. I have a lot more miles on my 10 than I did on my 04 as well. Plus you can't really compare the 04 you have to...
  2. Yeti35

Anybody buyback their own TDI?

Was about a month to get my Bosch check after the fix check on my Touareg fix.
  3. Yeti35

Anyone gone from a TDI to a TSI?

I hope you have deep pockets for the V10 purchase. They are an awesome motor to drive, but some maintenance stuff requires the motor to be dropped from the vehicle. The V10 does not get the great of mileage either. You would be better off with a V6 TDI even with a little less torque it gets...
  4. Yeti35

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

I got the fix and 12K for my '10 TDI Touareg. I could not bring myself to get rid of it since no one has anything else I want. I could have got 33K for buy back, but I already owned my Treg. Plus it was the last year for low range and air suspension. Fix didn't seem to even change much on it to...
  5. Yeti35

Recommendation on Replacement Brakes/Rotors

I definitely would not do anything cheap. Either stick with OEM or do something a little higher end. Don't waste your money on drilled/slotted rotors.
  6. Yeti35

Additives

I have had mine since new and have almost 100K on it and original fuel pump.
  7. Yeti35

Touareg for towing?

Don't use the weight distribution hitch if it has the air suspension bad idea and not recommended with that suspension. It self levels the car so no need for that hitch. It will cause problems at some point if you keep using it. Unless the previous owner changed out the brake calipers the V10...
  8. Yeti35

Additives

I've not used any of these product since owning my TDI and have never had a gel issue ever. I have owned it since new and all I use it Lucas fuel service cleaner. I think it matters where you purchase your fuel from also. If it is not a place that sells a lot of diesel who knows what condition...
  9. Yeti35

Engine Malfunction Light

You said it happened after a fill up. Make sure you fuel filler cap is in good shape and tight. My ex's Passat would get CEL after fill ups due to her not tightening the cap enough. I would start there first. After that get it scanned. All we would be doing here is guessing.
  10. Yeti35

Which TDI engine do you like best in the Touareg?

After driving the V6 TDI an then jump in a V8 or V10, the nose of the vehicle feels heavy. I noticed that right away after I got in a V10. Torque was amazing on it, but I still feel the better balance is the V6. I have driven all the motors available to us here in NA in the Touareg.
  11. Yeti35

Foot Activated Touareg Hatch Problem

I would rather have the button on my FOB that opens it every time rather than doing a silly dance to get it to open.
  12. Yeti35

Touareg or BMW X5 diesel in the 2010 year range????

Has been said many times if you have air suspension you don't want to use a WD hitch at all. Many threads about it on the other Touareg forum. Many guys there have done just that, air and no WD.
  13. Yeti35

Touareg or BMW X5 diesel in the 2010 year range????

I'm a little biased, I would get a '10 and one with air suspension if you can find it. I am sure the Treg has a higher tow rating than the BMW. If you find one with air you won't need a weight distribution hitch since it will auto level the rear of the car.
  14. Yeti35

Adblue will not reset.

Are you getting any sort of code for the tank sensor? More than likely it is bad if the tank is full.
  15. Yeti35

Which TDI engine do you like best in the Touareg?

V8TDI really can't be discussed since it never came to North America. So no one here could really say much about it. I have driven both the V10 and V6. I feel the V6 is more balanced since the V10 makes the car nose heavy.
  16. Yeti35

water ingested in 2014,15, 16 3.0 TDIs ?

I didn't see a post about it. I am well aware of the site, I'm a Mod there. I'll be honest I don't pay attention to the '11 and newer Touaregs.
  17. Yeti35

water ingested in 2014,15, 16 3.0 TDIs ?

First I have heard of it and I have been in another forum for these cars for a very long time. I have seen nothing mentioned there at all on this topic.
  18. Yeti35

T2/T3 battery life

My '10 is on the original battery and I bought it brand new in Nov of '09. Still running strong with no signs of letting go.
  19. Yeti35

buy back for Gen 1 TDIs?

Check out the thread on Club Touareg. All sorts of info on there and yes there have been a few on that forum who sold theirs back. I am awaiting the fix and money to keep it.
  20. Yeti35

2013 Touareg brake wear sensor

If you have a check brakes warning on the dash, then yes it needs to be replaced when you change pads. They have a wire running through the plastic that makes it a closed loop and keeps the warning off. When the pad wears and wears through the sensor is cuts the wire giving you the light. They...