Search results

1. Digital4n6

Audi A8L TDI (D4) delete downpipe, firewall, "Plenum Chamber Bulkhead"

There are 2 cats, one on the downpipe with the SCR stuff, another on the lower exhaust pipe. The second one has almost no performance effect so no need to "straight pipe" it, which may actually lead to a drone sound. I have the Malone State 2 tune, and recently installed the Oakes TCU tune...
  2. Digital4n6

SOLD: 2015 VW Passat TDI SEL, red 143k miles near Richmond VA ($8700)

Price dropped to only $8700. Clear title in hand.
  3. Digital4n6

Lowering the price down to $9200 to help cover any transportation costs for someone to come and get it. Price is still listed higher on Craigslist, FaceBook marketplace, and Autotrader. Trying to help out people on this forum. Had another detailer take a look at it, said it would be $60 to...
  4. Digital4n6

Thanks for the catch! I was able to correct it now.
  5. Digital4n6

Open to reasonable offers. Can pick you up from airport or train station if coming in from out of town.
  6. Digital4n6

Price lowered. Open to reasonable offers.
  7. Digital4n6

Charlottesville, Richmond, Fredericksburg Meet-up

Do you still want to do this? Would be nice to have a cookout and maybe a wrench day (like brake fluid flush). I'd happily provide the brake stuff if you'd like. My place is just north of Richmond with plenty of on-street parking in cul-de-sac neighborhood but sounds like your place would be...
  8. Digital4n6

I have blockoff plates for the EGR from Darkside but haven't installed. Tune turns off the egr valve.
  9. Digital4n6

I did take off the strut brace. There were the 3 bolts each side, 2 near the windshield. The EDU has 2 nuts and 2 guide pins (under the windshield) holding it in place. Just remove them as it'll give you lots of room to work on getting that big SCR can on he oem downpipe out.
  10. Digital4n6

2015 VW Passat TDI SEL. Red with light beige interior. Fully loaded with options and meticulously kept service records. Mileage is 42 MPG mixed highway+city tank average. Used as long distance commuter car and some daily driving. 2nd owner with over 100k miles of documentation of every...
  11. Digital4n6

Yes, had to remove the firewall thing. It was a serious pain in the taint. The nut on the underside of the downpipe attached to the turbo is too difficult to remove without taking out the firewall. Once you do that, much easier since you'll have room for a wrench. PB Blaster soak for at...
  12. Digital4n6

The ECU had two 10mm nuts and the two plastic expansion bolts (#7 in diagram, one each side) were hidden under the insulation mat.
  13. Digital4n6

Thanks, I tried to remove the strut brace but the two wiring harnesses are still connected. It's loose, so shouldn't be interfering. I did see a computer module mounted just underneath the strut brace with two (visible) nuts that may be attached to the black metal plenum bulkhead. That's my next...
  14. Digital4n6

I'm stuck on the struggle bus. Trying to remove stock downpipe from my 2015 Audi A8L (D4) TDI and even had to cut off one of the downpipe studs. Now that everything is loose, can't seem to get enough clearance to remove the darn thing. Is there a method to remove the firewall section...
  15. Digital4n6

Charlottesville, Richmond, Fredericksburg Meet-up

I am interested. Will send you a PM. Just getting back on the forums.
  16. Digital4n6

WTB: Audi A6 3.0L TDI C7 (2014, 2015, 2016)

Hoping to find one from another enthusiast who takes care of their vehicles as much as I do! Working from home now as full-time telecommuter, so we no longer need the long-distance commuter of the 2.0L TDI (which gets an impressive near 42 mpg tank avg!).
  17. Digital4n6

WTB: Audi A6 3.0L TDI C7 (2014, 2015, 2016)

Wanted: Audi A6 3.0L TDI C7 in 2014, 2015, or 2016 model year. Will travel and have funds available. Prefer silver or gray exterior with black interior, or one of the exclusive colors offered. NOT interested in black or white exteriors. Will probably do an interior swap to get massaging...
  18. Digital4n6

Richmond,Va TDIers

Long time, no post. Have a 2015 VW Passat TDI and located just north of Richmond and south Ashland. Have the vag-com and a lift in the garage, plenty of parking in our little neighborhood. Would be willing to host a wrench day or travel for a get together.
  19. Digital4n6

Mpg @ 80mph

My commute is 130 miles roundtrip, cruise control set usually at 75mph. Tank average is 42 mpg, fairly consistently.