Search results

1. D

Need help w/ lock/alarm issues

My door locks and alarm system just stopped working. Pushing the buttons on the key does nothing. The internal lock/unlock button does nothing. The doors do not lock once I get rolling. Everything else works. I checked the "Cent. locks" using VAGCOM and I get a message that says...
  2. D

Problem with door lock

The driver side door lock knob won't go down unless you insert the key and turn it. The key fob will activate the alarm system and the other three lock knobs will go down. All knobs go up when you unlock remotely using the key. So, when I get out of the car and push the button on the key, the...
  3. D

Opinions on 100K mainenance, please

What does everyone recommend to do or at least check on a A4 when it hits 100K miles, aside from the obvious things like timing belts? Assume that nothing but routine maintenance has been done.
  4. D

Biodiesel from algae

I don't know if this has been posted before or not. This is potentially a major development. www.csmonitor.com/2006/0111/p01s03-sten.html
  5. D

Check out this radically different engine

www.angellabsllc.com There is not much detail, so it took me a while to figure out a general idea of how it works. Whether this thing will ever see the road is another question. It is a kind of TDI, sort of, so I guess this is TDI related.
  6. D

Which one is the horn relay?

My horn won't work on my '00 Jetta. The fuse is OK. Since there are two horns, it seems unlikely both failed at the same time. Seems like the relay is the likely culprit. How can you tell which one is the horn relay? I see the infamous "109" relay, so I know that is not it. I'm sure...
  7. D

Houston TDI owners

I can't tell where this should go, since there doesn't seem to be a forum that includes Texas, but Houston area TDI's should sign up here for local events and efforts:
  8. D

Texas TDI

I can't tell where this should go, since there doesn't seem to be a forum that includes Texas, but Houston area TDI's should sign up here for local events and efforts:
  9. D

Houston area TDI's

Houston area TDI\'s follow the link below.
  10. D

Hydraulic Hybrid Diesels

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf...9c!OpenDocument http://www.epa.gov/otaq/technology/420f05006.htm
  11. D

Cleaning injector nozzles

Does anyone have any advise on cleaning injector nozzles? I think I read someone advocate using a vibrating cleaner, like jewelers use. My old nozzles have hard, black deposits built up on them. Thanks in advance
  12. D

Diesel Purge

Just got some Diesel Purge tonight. My '00 Jetta was running and starting fine, but I noticed a bit of vibration that I don't think was there when new. My '03 doesn't vibrate like that. My first thought was that my mounts needed to be renewed. I read some posts on here on the subject and...
  13. D

Need some advice with smoke problem

I've got two Jettas. One is a 2000 sedan and the other is a 03 wagon. Both TDI, 5 spd. The older one has 70K miles and the newer 15K. Same gas, same additives, same driving styles, same oil, even same color. The '00 smokes a little at start up, especially when cold. After that it is OK...
  14. D

Pro VW or pro diesel?

Let me put the question this way. If no diesels were available, would you still buy a VW? If many diesels were available that met your needs would you buy something other than a VW?
  15. D

What is the type of oil

for the manual transmission? My laptop is down and I can't read my Bentley.
  16. D

Cat PR about meeting 2007 standards

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040511/cgtu077_1.html
  17. D

Question on smoke

I've got a 2000 Jetta w/ 68K miles and a '03 wagon w/ 13K. The '00 smokes very little....a little during cold start up and some at high rpms during WOT, but even then only if it has been a while since I did a WOT. The '03 produces a steady smoke all the time, even during warm idle. It is not...
  18. D

ExxonMobil's ULSD Technology Selected by Petro-Can

ExxonMobil\'s ULSD Technology Selected by Petro-Can http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040419/195932_1.html FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 19, 2004--ExxonMobil Research and Engineering Company (EMRE) announced today that Petro-Canada has selected EMRE's ultra low sulfur diesel technology for their...
  19. D

Houston area TDIers.

There ought to be enough owners in the Houston area to get together for mutual self help and good company. Reply to this post if you are interested.
  20. D

email from Chevron

I've made inquiries about premium diesel to several oil companies. Here is the response I got from Chevron. If anyone wants the D 975 spec sheet, I can post it, but I've seen that info on here before. "Thank you for your inquiry. It has been forwarded to us here at Chevron Fuels Technical...