Search results

1. TXRanger83

18" BBS VZ Wheels

Sorry I know nothing about wheel and tire set ups, can somebody tell me if I will have to do any modifications to fit these wheels: https://vw.partsestore.com/ecatalog/...=10987&retval= I have a 2010 mkV Jetta sedan currently running 17" Avignons that came stock from the factory on it right...
  2. TXRanger83

GLI Exhaust

Saw this over on Vortex with a GTI exhaust on a TDI: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5038280-GTI-exhaust-on-a-TDI-....-DIY-inside-! Didnt know if something like this would possible for a GLI stock exhaust to a Jetta Sedan.
  3. TXRanger83

DIY: Alarm Siren Install

These instructions cover swapping the VW Alarm Horn to the VW Alarm Siren for a car with the integrated CECM/CCU found in the mkVI. Click HERE to download the install instructions. Click HERE to hear what the siren sounds like once installed.
  4. TXRanger83

DIY: Alarm Siren Install

These instructions cover swapping the VW Alarm Horn to the VW Alarm Siren for a car with the integrated CECM/CCU found in the mkVI. Click HERE to download the install instructions. Click HERE to hear what the siren sounds like once installed.
  5. TXRanger83

Interior trim

I have a 2010 sedan and while I dont believe there have been any changes on the mkV trims, does anybody know for sure? I am looking to buy some OEM wood grain thats coming off an '06 sedan. any help will be greatly appreciated
  6. TXRanger83

Windshield/engine bay plastic shroud

Not really sure what the name of it is, but does anybody know how to remove the highlighted piece: I am looking to route some wires from the CCU/fuse panel over to the passenger wheel well, and looks like this needs to be taken off to do so.
  7. TXRanger83

This wont help diesel sales in north Texas

This was on the news last night 5/10 and they didnt mention once the new clean diesel :mad: http://www.wfaa.com/news/consumer/Diesel--93327459.html ...I'm all for clean air, which is why I bought a CLEAN diesel...but this just seemed liked the news slamming diesel, when they could have turned...
  8. TXRanger83

Fs: Rcd-510

sold!!!
  9. TXRanger83

Trunk Threshold

Does anybody know how to remove this trim piece: ...is it just clips or what, I just dont wanna start pulling on it and have it crack.
  10. TXRanger83

good deal on LED tails

I am in no way affiliated with this vendor but saw it and thought it was a good deal... http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/ES5423_ES7595_ES7599/?utm_source=vortex&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=Mk5&utm_campaign=mk5jettaledsale .... my question is are these OEM or not because this shows it is made by...
  11. TXRanger83

VW First aid kit

does anybody know where this mounts in the jetta sedan? according to OEMpl.us its in the rear arm rest, and while looking at mine tonight My rear armrest does not open for any storage. http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75_23_29&products_id=230 I then saw this strap and...
  12. TXRanger83

Texas Winter

Just thought I would post a pic of my car after the most amount of snow in a single day that DFW has ever had...
  13. TXRanger83

Radio Coding Question

is there a way to change the coding with VCDS to have the radio stay on after the ignition is turned off. I know you can turn the radio on by hitting the power button, but I'd like to be able to turn the car on without the radio turning off...I think I read somewhere you have to switch it to UK...
  14. TXRanger83

shark fin antenna

does anybody know if your car came from the factory with an RNS-510 if the VW shark fin antenna houses the GPS antenna, or is it located elsewhere? The reason I ask is I want to swap my RCD-510 with the RNS-510, but with me taking out the dash vent and adding the dash tray I don't know if there...
  15. TXRanger83

special request for 2010 golf owners

can somebody with a 2010 golf that has fogs installed from the factory, and has access to VCDS please tell me the part number of your Control Module. I have a 2010 sedan so I am trying to find out if it is possible to install fogs the cecm way without having to swap it out.
  16. TXRanger83

Stuff I got for Christmas

Aspherical Mirrors (no tint), trunk hook, and 12V LED Flashlight.
  17. TXRanger83

vortex opinion question

I am wanting to install rear tail LEDs on my car eventually, but I know I will need to either had the votex rear spoiler or the GLI rear valence to keep it legal. I would prefer the votex just because it comes painted and removes the the grey plastic strip from the bumper, but my question to you...
  18. TXRanger83

Bi-Xenon

Do the Bi-Xenon headlights that come on the GLI fit on a standard Jetta and if so what all is needed to do in order to get them to work?... and sorry if this has already been covered but I attempted to search for it and couldn't find it.
  19. TXRanger83

Check out the tint

Before: After: Hüper Optik nano-ceramic solar film 30% all the way around
  20. TXRanger83

Front Side Markers

Has anybody switched out the orange front side markers with clear or smoked? It looks like an easy switch but I'm unsure if I would like how it looks on my car...please post pics if you have done it