Search results

1. P

'13 Beetle gets coolant heater option, but no love for Jetta or Golf TDI??

Check out VW's website and you'll see that the '13 Beetle TDI offers an optional coolant heater, but the Jetta TDI and Golf TDI don't get this option. What gives, VW?? P.S. You'll also see that an alarm is no longer standard equipment on the Jetta or Beetle, but remains standard equipment on...
  2. P

FS: MkV Jetta halogen headlights, like new

These are off my '09 Jetta TDI. They've been sitting in my basement forever and they're just about perfect. No broken tabs or anything, and all bulbs included. $100 for both lights + PayPal fees + shipping. Would prefer not to separate the lights. Any questions, let me know.
  3. P

FS: MkV Jetta grilles includ. center and outer for fogs

They've been sitting in my basement for some time now and it's time they left the house. I have the center grilles (main and lower) in the factory chrome, as well as the outer grilles for cars with fogs (chrome eyebrows included). New, the parts are well over $250. $100 + PayPal fees +...
  4. P

HPA DSG Performance Programming for the TDI

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5119513-HPA-releases-DSG-Performance-Programming-for-the-TDI The software upgrade gets rave reviews for the VR6 and 2.0T DSG cars and I would expect the same for TDI DSG cars.
  5. P

Found another Bluetooth option for the MkV cars

It's compatible with the red MFD and the RNS-510, if you happen to have that too. It's the M1000-C-BT1 CAN Bluetooth by mObridge, Inc. You can find it on their site at http://www.mobridgeinc.com/products/m1000-c-bt1. I was researching an iPod adapter for my BMW and saw this and I haven't seen...
  6. P

Anyone turn on "turning light" in 09-Central Electronics?

I turned it on last night just for the heck of it while I was working something else with VCDS. I forgot it was turned on until I was turning around in a parking lot and I saw this halogen light (my car has HIDs, so the color difference was very noticeable) fade in and then fade out as I...
  7. P

Bi-Turbo MkIV Golf

I was perusing the October issue of Diesel World magazine and came across a spotlight article on a bi-turbo MkIV Golf TDI. Pretty sweet setup with the following basic specs: - Garrett GT22 feeding a GT33 pumping peak boost of 46.4 psi :eek: - Stock 1.9l bottom end (pistons and rods too) -...
  8. P

Strange alarm behavior...

Got to work and locked the car but no horn honk, though the lights flashed. Figured I didn't have a door shut but the car pic in the MFD showed everything closed. Nevertheless, I reopened the driver's door and the trunk, and then reshut them. Still no alarm honk and the LED on the driver's...
  9. P

Riddle me this (regen related)...

Which regen cycle (DPF, NOx cat, etc.) extends beyond 10 miles of highway driving + 6 miles of suburban driving and results in lower-than-normal boost (yet no reduction in power) conditions while driving? Twice in the last 30,000 miles I've noticed this lower-than-normal boost condition which...
  10. P

Funny Prius video

Lots of profanity, but hilarious nonetheless! Minus all the tree hugger and retarded comments, it sums up my thoughts pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4PtafRB9c
  11. P

FS Feeler: RNS-510 navigation from '09 Jetta

I'm considering upgrading to the latest version of the RNS-510 which has firmware v.1000. My car was ordered with the RNS-510 factory-installed but it's an early model and therefore will not be able to take advantage of all the latest features that the newest FW (once it's released for updates)...
  12. P

High mileage (not mpg) story on CNN, diesel beats them all!

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/autos/1004/gallery.ireport_mega_mile_cars/10.html Interesting that it's the original engine!
  13. P

May 8 TDI Cup GTG - Millville, NJ

The TDI Cup series is hitting NJ earlier in the season this year (it's been in September the last two years). Early May should make for some beautiful TDI Cup weather! Anyone interested in a GTG there? The races are held Saturday and Sunday, May 8-9, but I figured that Saturday is probably...
  14. P

Great program on Chevy Volt production on NatGeo TV

Just watched a show on the production of the Chevy Volt pre-production models. It really intrigued me and I can't wait for this vehicle to hit showrooms, if for no other reason than I want to drive one. In my opinion, the Volt uses the ideal hybrid powertrain, using the petroleum-fueled engine...
  15. P

'09 DSG -> fail

Well it happened, after 11 months of ownership, mom's '09 DSG finally freaked out and exhibited the "false neutral" symptoms. The transmission went into reverse fine but after selecting drive, the engine revved as though it was in neutral. Mom put it in park, turned the ignition off and then...
  16. P

Strange braking problem

Looking to see if anyone has ever experienced anything like this. Went to leave the house on Sunday. Released the parking brake and the car rolled down the driveway without any intervention on my part, as it normally would. Got to the end of my street and hit the brakes to stop at a stop...
  17. P

Strange clutch behavior...

I have noticed in maybe the last 1,000 miles that the clutch on my car has started to exhibit a strange behavior, one that I have never personally encountered in any other manual transmission car that I've owned. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough. When accelerating from a...
  18. P

Boredom forces search of '09 Jetta NHTSA complaints

OK, I wasn't forced to do it, but I did. I found the expected DSG "false neutral" complaints but some were downright comical. Like the one where the owner is reporting that the headlights are on but none of the other lights. I guess he or she has never had a car with DRLs. And, here's a...
  19. P

FS: Gentex GENK2a auto-dimming mirror (2 available)

Long story short, I was going to install this mirror but muffed up the windshield in the process and never completed the install. Ended up with a second one because thought the first wasn't working. Turns out, it was my wiring that was the problem :mad: So, I have two of these available...
  20. P

Drove a '10 Golf TDI today...

Have to say that I was impressed. Granted, it feels a lot like my '09 Jetta TDI, but there were some noticeable differences. Namely: DSG seems to be better sorted out compared to my mom's '09 Jetta TDI DSG; quieter than my '09; more stiffly sprung than my '09, but that's to be expected with a...