Search results

1. bustNfuel

Why I do MY OWN service..unless Federally mandated

I had my Passat at Leith VW in Raleigh NC for the emissions software and snow flap recall back in July. Today I went to check my oil and found the airbox screws were ALL loose and the top of the airbox lid was just up there flopping around, allowing unfiltered air to enter my engine for the...
  2. bustNfuel

FS: 2009 Jetta 6-speed Manual TDi - 55K miles

***SOLD**** I'm reluctantly selling my beloved VW TDi diesel Jetta 4-door sedan. I bought it brand new in 2009. It's been cared for with TLC and garage kept. It currently has 55K miles on it, and mechanically has been trouble-free. It has the desirable 6 speed manual transmission. Other...
  3. bustNfuel

Bentley Service Manual-99-02 MKIV-RaleighNC

FS-Bentley Service Manual-99-02 MKIV-RaleighNC SOLD! Thanks, spoolintdi! ---------------------------------- I'm selling my MINT condition, never used Bentley Service Manual. 1999-2002 Jetta, Golf, GTI. Manual VG02; VW part No LPV 800 118. No greasy finger prints..the spine is not even...
  4. bustNfuel

Touareg 2 V6 TDIs- I'll take a DOZEN!

:cool: Thanks to my wife Terri (also a TDI fanatic), I have a few interesting pics. She spotted a car-hauler with several new Touareg 2 TDI's on it near the dealership I bought my Jetta from (Leith VW in Cary, NC). Some have "TDI CLEAN DIESEL" graphics on the sides in large block letters. I...
  5. bustNfuel

TDI Glow Plug Relay "038 911 253" -MAKE OFFER

TDI Glow Plug Relay \"038 911 253\" -MAKE OFFER One Glow Plug Relay, part number 038 911 253. Sells for $127.00 at VW parts counter. Make me a reasonable offer..I don't need spare parts sitting around! Email me at n5cwm@yahoo.com
  6. bustNfuel

-sold- TDI Jetta Plastic Engine Cover

*sold* I have one engine cover from a 2001 Jetta TDI for sale. Also the three mounting nuts and black plastic caps. Make me an offer + shipping. Located in Houston TX. Cover is in very good condition.
  7. bustNfuel

Throwing expensive parts at CEL light...........

Well I have been trying to get my CEL decoded but there aren't many VAGCOM owners in my area (none). So after researching the related posts on this forum I bought the green coolant temp sensor (059 919 501a) and the "180" relay (138 911 253) for the glow plug system. As expected, neither one...
  8. bustNfuel

USA SPEC 6 disc changer - is it any good?

Just bought a 6 disc changer on Ebay. The details claim it is VW Monsoon compatible. The model number is USA Spec SCD-VW44. I did some research on the forums here and I learned that it is probably the Clarion spec unit. Does Panasonic make the OEM unit? What I want to know is, should I have held...
  9. bustNfuel

Bought a 6 disc changer on EBAY..have questions

Just bought a 6 disc changer on Ebay. The details claim it is VW Monsoon compatible. The model number is USA Spec SCD-VW44. I did some research on the forums here and I learned that it is probably the Clarion spec unit. Does Panasonic make the OEM unit? What I want to know is, should I have...
  10. bustNfuel

Jetta Cabin filter pics for the Do-it-yourselfer

I felt like contributing to the forum since there is so much that I've learned from this place! What I have are some pictures for those of you out there that have the desire to learn, work on your own car, but still need a little info to be confident. I took my digital camera out to...
  11. bustNfuel

Just bought this used TDI Jetta GLS

Figured I'd throw together a page with some pics of the Jetta I bought Sept 6. It has 60,000 miles on it but the owner was not a smoker and used it for commuting, mostly highway miles. I couldn't believe how clean this car was! I was going to buy a new 2003 Jetta TDI GLS but I saved almost...
  12. bustNfuel

I just bought a used TDI that needs a timing belt

Bad news. I am bit upset that I bought a used VW in overall excellent condition with a tad over 60,000 miles. Looks like I will be shelling out $500 to get the timing belt and tensioner replaced! I found out about the 60K belt replacement requirement browsing the TDI Club forums this...
  13. bustNfuel

Just bought my first VW TDI!

Hey everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while doing TDI research and this is my fist post here. I have owned three diesel pickups (Chevy K2500 with 6.5 turbodiesel and two Dodge Rams with the Cummins turbodiesel). I love diesels! Yesterday I went out looking at the local VW dealership...