Search results

1. brnsgrbr

DIY: 2" Lift Kit for Under $40 - EASY!

I am just going to add in my two cents on this one. I am currently running BF good rich K02’s. 27 inch on 16 inch wheels. Turning is restricted already. I don’t see you being able to do 31 inch tires. Even with spacers. The issue isn’t so much of how the tires turn out as much as the issue is...
  2. brnsgrbr

Show what you tow!

Mkiv Gross axle limits front and rear? Especially curious about the axle stub limits of the rear? And how the wheel bearings factor in? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. brnsgrbr

Show what you tow!

Recommended brake controller? MK4 Golf. Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  4. brnsgrbr

FS: ALH Aluminum Thermostat Housing

Pm sent Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. brnsgrbr

All weather tire information

This may not be the best option, but I am a huge fan of BF Goodrich KO2s. They have been revamped and now have that official ice and snow rating. I have them on my golf. They are living up to the hype in all the snow here in the PNW. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. brnsgrbr

FOR SALE: Mk4 Rally light bar

Thanks for working with me on the setup I wanted! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  7. brnsgrbr

Connecting rod design?

Thanks for the link! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. brnsgrbr

Howto: Upgrade to autodim/rain sensor mirror

MK4 R32. You will need the entire wiring assembly leading to the mirror, and sunroof, from the fuse panel and relays. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. brnsgrbr

FS (WA) VW BBS RCs

They look great. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. brnsgrbr

FOUND!! New "old" lights

Excuse my ignorance but what will they fit? Please elaborate. Congrats btw. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. brnsgrbr

Sportswagon stealth subwoofer

I have one for my Golf. These work very well and allow you to keep your spare and don't impede on storage space. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. brnsgrbr

WTS: ALH Intake pipe, Oil Catch Can.

It's the coupler for the catch can the the oil filter housing? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. brnsgrbr

Mean Green Biodiesel Machine build

I haven't had it on a Dyno yet. I keep running into other issues that prevent me from being able to put a big tune on it. As for oil, maybe the rings never completely seated as I have to top it off 1-2x every 10K. Might be to another issue related to something else though. Sent from my...
  14. brnsgrbr

Show what you tow!

Ditto! I stayed up till 3am last night because I couldn't stop reading that build. ? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. brnsgrbr

Show what you tow!

That video effectively displays in 10 seconds, what several paragraphs and diagrams barely convey! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. brnsgrbr

Help selecting a utility trailer to tow with my Golf

Great info. Can you tell us more about the VW trailer module? I've been researching vw factory towing harnesses. Unclear if one would work on my MK4 golf. Do you have knowledge to that effect? I am inclined to go that route even though it might be pricey. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. brnsgrbr

That is something you have to work out. The EU requires the caravan to have brakes that engage in case of a disconnection I've heard. That is why there isn't a place to attach on these. I am considering options myself. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. brnsgrbr

Then let join on in with my newly installed Westfalia hitch. Currently researching the wiring options too. Good time to buy as the dollar is strong against the pound last I checked. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. brnsgrbr

FS a set of 18" OEM VW Motorsport wheels with almost new Pirelli P7

Might want to list bolt pattern size (5x100?) and where you are located. Mobile app users cannot see your info. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. brnsgrbr

Fuel leaking at lift pump gasket

I will triple check. I've only noticed the leaking when I'm driving on curves at speed. My rural curvy roads and on cloverleaf onramps merging onto highways. That gives me something else to investigate. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk