Search results

1. D

AC issue

After doing some testing, I've determined that the clutch coil in my 2011 Golf TDI is dead. The following tests IMO, have confirmed it. Please let me know if I'm missing something. - There's 12 volts going to the AC compressor plug when the switch is turned on in the car. - Infinite resistance...
  2. D

Seized AC compressor???

I have a 2006 golf with 137,000 miles. My girlfriend was driving it this morning with the AC on when out of now where, A screeching noise and burning smell happened. I checked it out and saw that when the switch is turned on, the AC clutch engages but the pulley only turns over a half turn. The...
  3. D

Very odd charging problem

Can anybody help me out on this?? I was experiencing a no charge problem. At first the car at idle would not charge unless the throttle was held at about 2500 RPM. It would then hold a charge steady at 14.5 to 14.7 until it is shut off. This was going on for about 1 month. Then a few days...
  4. D

Hot starting issue.

Anybody know why my engine has more difficulty starting when it is hot? When its cold it fires right up. 1999 jetta (ALH)
  5. D

TDI Newbie!! P1550 message

So I just bought a 1999.5 new body with 136000 miles on it. it went in "limp" mode on me. The Check light came on and i read 2 messages P1550 message. CHARGE PRESSURE DEVIATION and P1403 EGR FLOW DEVIATION. I checked all the vacuum lines, and the turbo actuator. It moves freely and I tied...