Search results

1. RDC98tdi

Limits of what can be done under 36K service / warranty?

So my 36K warranty is up in about 500 miles, and there are a few things I would like the dealer to look at and wondered if they would be free (most likely not, but maybe with some clever phrasing?) First, my front driver side suspension makes an odd popping or clanging sound (only this wheel)...
  2. RDC98tdi

BP right off Exit 14 on Gene Snyder in Lou

I commented on your sweet exhaust sound -- turns out it was the leaky flex pipe lol! Just curious if this dude was a TDIClub member!
  3. RDC98tdi

Front Passenger Window wont roll down

[SOLVED] Front Passenger Window wont roll down So we had a massive storm last night, 40+ mph winds, torrential rain, etc. My windows were all rolled up and I didn't see any water ingress this morning, but when I went to roll down all the windows, the passenger front did not. My guess is that...
  4. RDC98tdi

Odd steering wheel vibrations?

I was running a tad late to work (when I left, made up time) today and instead of my usual 4th gear pass, I used 5th. From about 80+ with the pedal buried in 5th, the steering wheel vibrates like when your tires are off balance. It isn't really visibly noticeable, but you can definitely feel...
  5. RDC98tdi

Fun topic -- Why did you choose your TDI?

I have been reading lots of somewhat downer posts here lately. I know it's the nature of automotive and technical forums -- people often join only to ask for technical help or to vent about their crappy experience. But luckily, on this forum, we only have a few that are consistently nasty...
  6. RDC98tdi

General Question about CR140 vs CR170 Turbos

Disclaimer: I am most likely not going to do an actual swap, but was curious what the difference is between the two? On ID parts site, I searched both of the OE Part numbers given for each turbo. I know already that the stock CJAA motor has the Borg Warner BV43, but when searching the OEM part...
  7. RDC98tdi

Question About Springs

So I just ordered the H&R Sport Springs for my '13 6MT and had a couple questions. I now only drive about 100-200 mi a week since my contract was up, and my next complimentary service is in 2000 miles. Springs should be here in the next week or two, and I wondered if having the springs on...
  8. RDC98tdi

First Trouble after EXACTLY 5 MO / ~20K MI

I commute 80 miles each way to work and back. She's run like a dream since day 1, albeit with a bit of crankiness when it gets below 30*. So this morning, outside temp was around 25-28* and 40 miles into my trip, flashing glow plug indicator and limp mode. Oh sh*t, oh sh*t.. But I noticed my...
  9. RDC98tdi

Suggested sticky for NO START / ICED INTERCOOLER?

I know a lot of you are new to the cars, but perhaps just a quick browsing of this section of the forum yields 3 posts about the hard start / water ingestion / iced intercooler problem. So (not being rude) to be helpful, perhaps we should sticky something like this in the Golf / JSW forum...
  10. RDC98tdi

Interesting Temp Trends

Pretty sure it's normal, but thought I'd post some cold weather findings. WARM Outside: Normally when I first start the car, It idles around 870-900 rpm for a few minutes of light driving (when stopped) and then drops to around 830 rpm. Once it hits about 180-190 degrees, it drops to 800 rpm...
  11. RDC98tdi

Where the H*LL is the firewall hole?

'13 Jetta TDi Premium 6spd, trying to run a pair of 14 ga wire for ham radio. Got the radio mounted (without sticky tape, drilling holes, or glueing!) and antenna. Just gotta figure out where the heck I can run the power? I have been running the radio off a 22 Ah SLA for the past few days...
  12. RDC98tdi

15000 Mile service?

Hi all, Got my complimentary service at 10K -- oil, filters, tires rotated, etc. I didn't notice until a couple days later that they put a sticker on the windshield saying next service is at 15,097 miles. I assume this one I would pay for, but what does it include? Isn't the OCI 10000 mi...
  13. RDC98tdi

Safe temps?

So I just got a brand new 2013 Jetta 6MT and love it! Already racked up over 2000 miles in 2 weeks and love every minute I get to use the torque in every gear. So I just got my Bluetooth OBD scanner and Torque Pro so I could monitor the missing coolant temp gauge, boost, etc and noticed that...
  14. RDC98tdi

Any mobile radio operators?

Besides TDi's, my other geeky passions are audiophillia, computers, and ham radio. As many who buy TDi's, I'm a road warrior and nothing kills time like chatting with other people on a two way radio. In my last Passat, the car was already used and a bit rough so I screwed a mounting bracket...