Search results

1. V

Transmission leaking oil at output flange

I have seen condensate drip from the block and transmission case, but it's usually on a humid day after a cool morning.
  2. V

I agree, if there's gear oil there it's most likely that seal. Honestly, from someone who has done this job several times now, my first time I should have just had the dealership do it. There are several aspects that are a PITA and unless you have another reason to take the flange off besides...
  3. V

Replacing alternator brushes / regulator on car

I just did this on my 02 Golf. First off, thanks a lot to Dremd for posting that great info. It did save me a lot of time. I have a few pointers to add that worked for me. I ended up removing the A/C compressor. My reasoning for this is that I found it was just too tight for me to get to all...
  4. V

What did I do wrong? Clutch disengagement problem

After viewing the above post, I double checked the box the clutch came in. Part # I ordered from vendor: K70038 0FE (Should be Stage 3 Clutch for single mass flywheel) Part # on box I received from vendor: K70316 0FE ARGH.
  5. V

Interesting. Very consistent with the sensation I experienced in the clutch pedal. I'll do some research, but at this point I am thinking that I may have the wrong pressure plate for my flywheel. Incidentally, it is the Valeo G60 SMF. I had heard from someone that there are no SBC clutches...
  6. V

I just changed my clutch out with a SBC stage 3. I've done this job before with a different clutch, and everything seemed to go smoothly enough (although I had a rougher time getting the transmission back in place than I remember last time). Anyway, first thing I noticed was that the clutch...
  7. V

Thanks for the suggestion, Oilhammer. At the time I did understand it was optional, but made it easier. Obviously I wish I hadn't removed the flange now. Sometime if you get a chance, please post a photo of the orientation of the jack in order to move the engine the correct way. Thanks
  8. V

Thanks Herm. In addition to the seal, I noticed there was a thin, circular spring band that came out with the flange. I couldn't find anything in the Bentley manual about how this is supposed to be seated, and I presumably unseated it when I removed the flange. Are there any pictures or...
  9. V

A few months ago I changed the clutch in my 02 Golf TDI (ALH). The procedure went very smoothly except for one area. I had opted to remove the output shaft flange so I could get the transmission out easier. When I put the flange back in, I had a hard time figuring out how the spring band (not...
  10. V

Overboost/going into limpmode (vag-scope)

Just wanted to post a follow up to this thread. The problem was in fact the N75 switch. Replacement solved the overboosting/limp mode problem. Incidentally, the oil splattering was apparently coming from the a leak in the turbo oil line. It may or may not have been contributing to the...
  11. V

TDIers Burlington Vermont

The 3/31/07 GTG at the carwash on Shelburne Road. (Click for full size panoramic) Tom's Audi (gas). He had a custom turbo/intercooler setup. Alex's R32 (gas). I didn't ride in it, but it sounded great passing me! Will's (Fishmando's) Jetta TDI Vin's (Vindiesel's) 02 Golf TDI...
  12. V

I too had an awesome time. Lots of good people and their cars. I have some pics that I need to post, and I'll try to do a quick recap the event. If we can get the Dubsnorth crew to show up next time, we should be able to double it pretty easily. -Scott
  13. V

Cool! I'll be there sat. as well. I live in Shelburne. I'll be bringing my vag-com
  14. V

I changed all the hoses and it's still entering limp mode. I noticed while I was under the car that turbo is covered with oil. Is this normal, and could it be causing the problem? If the actuator is having problems due to oil contamination, is the fix for this to replace just the actuator, or...
  15. V

Thanks! I will check and replace these hoses and we'll see what we get.
  16. V

I'm helping out a friend with a 1998 Jetta TDI. Problem: 00575 code, going into limp mode when under full load The above graph appears to have much higher-than-requested boost. (Correct?) I have the following suspicions, but I wanted to run them by others: -N75 sticking, -leaking vac...
  17. V

Other ways to clean the TDI clogged intake?

Take it from me- Remove/clean the entire intake AND the ports 100% the first time, or else you might end up wondering why you have no upper end power. That way, there's no question, and you won't, say, throw away a few thousand dollars trying to find the "problem".
  18. V

Porting ALH head

These pics are awesome. I wish I could have seen them before I cleaned the gook out of my intake ports last week (when you haven't seen the shape it's pretty confusing if you haven't pulled the head.)
  19. V

I will paypal $100 to the first person who can tell me how to fix my car.

The money has been sent according to your wishes. A very admirable choice. Thanks again -Scott
  20. V

Clogged Catalytic Converter?

Thanks for you suggestions This problem has been solved. It was caused by blockage of the intake manifold ports in the cylinder head. Please refer to the "I will paypal $100..." thread at http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1509116&postcount=74