Search results

1. J

code 101

2004 Passat TDI. When the weather is warm 60 degrees or warmer the car runs great. Any rain or cold weather and this car will not get out of its own way. If you are familiar with the turtle switch on some equipment, that is exactly what seems to be going on. I am not kidding if car sits in...
  2. J

Balance Shaft Upgrade Shops

BSM delete 30k ago. Commute 70-85 MPH daily all good so far.
  3. J

Easiest Way to View Balance Shaft Oil Pump Gears

FYI> BS deleted by WildRose. I am no mechanic but this car drives as good as it ever did. I do 90% of my driving on freeways, 75-80 MPH. I detect no additional vibration in my feet, hands or seat. Car just goes along perfectly. I now have the peace of mind that I will go at least another...
  4. J

Balance shaft delete. How to and part numbers

I did not realize it with the parts shortage issue a few months back but it may have been a blessing. Leonard from Wild Rose is in the process of deleting my BS. Turns out there were some other issues that he is correcting also. Anyone in the San Diego area with TDI issues, drive to Whittier...
  5. J

New Passats

Corporate greed and legal corruption got these companies into trouble. Unions make a good wage but are not making the poor business decisions that did and will do more companies in. American Union Workers are and always will be an easy target/scapegoat. Look at where the REAL $ goes.
  6. J

New Passats

FYI thought it was interesting http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120322/OEM01/120329971/1294
  7. J

greasejunkie just pay very close attention to it (noises). You MAY be ok for quite some time with it. I have 122k miles and have only now parked the car. I am waiting on parts to be delivered to Wild Rose Motors. It has been getting a little bit louder and I do not want to roll the dice any...
  8. J

truman you are correct VW's responsibility ends when the warrantee expires. When these problems are obvious to everyone BEFORE the warranties expire, there is a moral responsibility VW has with the people buying their cars. This DOES NOT END when the warranties expires. I really believe many...
  9. J

Age of parts or mileage should not matter. These cars were known by VW to have this problem long before the warranties had expired. That being said how can your balanced shaft problem on THESE MOTORS not be covered when everyone knew the problem was there (on these motors) the entire time the...
  10. J

VWTIPS Just checked with Aaron he is also backed up 4-6 wks. tks
  11. J

Oilhammer Can anyone provide me with a vender for all parts necessary to do the Balance shaft upgrade. 1. general balance shaft assy for BHW 2. Timing Belt Assy. Kit BHW 3. Left engine and right engine mount BHW 4. ALH Alternator Pulley I am working with Leonard at Wild Rose Motors, Ltd. and...
  12. J

Emissions Workshop Warning Message

I had the dealership do the recall on GP. All good before and after. Emissions light has been on and off for about a year. I have dealer work on it every time I have oil changed. As of today they can not figure it out. This emissions workshop is intermittant in my car. Bottom line dealer can...
  13. J

Sepentine Belt Tensioner Bolt sheared off in engine block

I just hit 100K with the same car. I think it may be time to just replace this idler pulley. This is a sealed bearing correct? thanks
  14. J

Letter from VW

We are writing you to inform you of an emissions service actin affectin some 2004-2005 model year Volkswagen vehicles equipped with a TDI (diesel) engine. In July of 2009, we notified customers about a similar repair under the code 28E6/R8; however, the 28E6/R8 action has now been closed and a...
  15. J

Looking for a TDI mechanic in San Diego

Thanks for the imput, it was very helpful. I will get it done very soon.
  16. J

MK5/MK6 JSP 'Armadillo' Skid Plate

I am with you guys. I have neglected a skid plate for way to long. Starting to feel i am on borrowed time with this issue. Rather pay now than much more later. let me know about group buy?
  17. J

Looking for a TDI mechanic in San Diego

Already checked the mechanic map, nothing in southern ca. Anyone here with personal experience care to make a recomendation? Would like to go chainless.
  18. J

Is Passat coming back to TDI?

Newbie. Will it happen in US.