Search results

1. T

FS: 1996 Passat Sedan - Central Pa

More pictures The engine cover. The original drivers seat The 17inch rims I can post more pictures by request.
  2. T

FS: 1996 Passat Sedan - Central Pa

SOLD!!!! Bought new April 1996. It has just under 91k on the vehicle and drivetrain. I replaced this vehicle as my daily driver in 2010, it was driven by my wife for a year and has been unused since 2011 The good: -Working AC- Had the condenser replaced in 2010 -Ignition switch replaced in...
  3. T

My car goes 40 mph standing still

OK, The gauges reset themselves this morning. Unfortunately it reset my clock and the trip meter at the same time. I know the battery is strong in the car so either it is a bad ground or the the cluster is ready to sh*t the bed. I will check the grounds. Thanks for the ideas everybody!
  4. T

I will check the sensor tonight to look for wetness.
  5. T

We are in the 20's today. Also, on Friday I ran the heat on full blast out the dash vents in the hopes of raising the temp in behind the cluster as well as in the cabin. I believe this issue is beyond just warming the dash. Either the battery reset will do the trick or I have to pull the cluster...
  6. T

I have a feeling this might be a deeper issue than just a simple battery disconnect. I have a feeling when the servos reset in the cold, the gears slipped and now the needles are stuck. I will try the battery disconnect, but I have a sinking suspicion that the cluster may have to be pulled and...
  7. T

Despite what others have reported, I have had no troubles with my K&N filter. Please try and stay on topic.
  8. T

Correct, Keys are out of the ignition.
  9. T

Morning All, It was 7 degrees out this morning and after the second attempt to start my succeeded. I noticed the speedometer and the tach were looking a little strange. Standing still my speedometer now indicates a speed of 40 mph. My tach at idle indicates 2100 RPM. As I drive they move in a...
  10. T

Hubcap logo.....

That is weird Recently the glue wore off on all four of my hubcap logos and I lost all of them within about two weeks. I have also been searching for replacement logos to glue back on. I really don't want to spend $120 on 4 new OEM hubcaps for the car. If anybody has any info please hook us...
  11. T

Somethings wrong on start up!

You can't just buy karmaTDI nozzles, you have to earn them :-) Sorry, I couldn't help it.
  12. T

96 B4 Electrical Issue...I hope

Well, lugnut nailed it on the head. It was actually the negative terminal but the clamp that holds the cable to the terminal was loose even though the nut was tight. The repair place wedge a cotterpin in the clamp so it would tighten properly. The old girl is now up and running. Thanks for the...
  13. T

96 B4 Electrical Issue...I hope

Morning everyone! I had a strange episode yesterday with my car. I was ready to leave work and got the car put the key in the ignition and as soon as I turned the key to start it all the electric died in the car. The dash was dead and grinding slighty, the alarm LED was flashing slow and with...
  14. T

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Dave, Would Metalnerd be able to help you? I know he is in Greensburg but it is a whole lot closer than a 350 mile round trip.
  15. T

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Gotta love those outlets! I need to get up there soon and poke around in the stores. Welcome to the group!
  16. T

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Hey guys, good to see a Pittsburgh thread. Might have to have a get together at some point again. Talk to you all later
  17. T

Pittsburgh GTG - Oct 14th

Sorry I can't make it this weekend guys. I'll see you at the next one!
  18. T

PA Turnpike TDI sighting

Hey everyone, I saw what seemed to be an unusual Jetta TDI on the PA turnpike yesterday. It was a new model Jetta but it looked different than most Jettas. It seemed to lack the chrome on the front and what really stood out is that it had an all red TDI badge. Does anybody know what the all red...
  19. T

Jetter turns 8(s)!

That is not bad. My 96 Passat that I have owned since new has 70,500 miles on it. :)