Search results

1. T

Has anyone had a relative complete their buyback for them?

Hi- Sorry if this has been answered, but has anyone had a relative complete their buyback for them? I currently live 1,000 away from my car and I am unable to travel to my appointment. My father has offered to complete everything for me. I called the claims line and they told me that my...
  2. T

Two Month Club

I've had green check marks since 10/21. I call daily and get a different answer every time. I called 3 weeks ago and one of the reps was able to see my offer letter in their system. She opened it up and read the whole thing to me. She said it could take between 10 and 40 days to upload the...
  3. T

Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

I have had my docs approved since 10/20. I've sent 4 emails to info@vwclasscounsel.com and haven't received any response. I've called 5 times (as recent as yesterday) and they've told me that my offer is complete, but is being audited. They cannot tell me how much longer I'll need to wait...
  4. T

Timeline

my documents have been approved since 10/12. I called today and I was assured that the "offer team" was working on my case "as we speak". That was 5 hours ago and still no offer.
  5. T

Got an offer email

According to the Google spreadsheet, it looks like 2 people have completed the buyback today (one in ME and one in WA), and both paid off Jettas. Is this true? If so, it would be cool if they could share some details on how the process went.
  6. T

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Looking for some advice here: My 2012 passat turbo failed at 103k and I had it replaced by the dealer. I'm currently at 106k and the turbo failed again. Could there be an underlying problem here, or did I just draw the short straw on getting back to back bad turbos? I have a call into VW...
  7. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

This is not a typo - second turbo failure less than 3,000 miles after the first one was replaced. Should I be concerned about an underlying issue? Miles on car at failure: 106,000 miles Build date: 11/2011 Corrective actions from dealership:Replace Turbo system Outside air temps at failure: 52...
  8. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Miles on car at failure: 103,000 miles Build date: 11/2011 Corrective actions from dealership:Replace Turbo system Outside air temps at failure: 52 degrees Failure warning signs: none Warning lights on dash/MFI:glow plug light first, then check engine Problems since replacement:none Repair...
  9. T

splitting hairs- state your minor dislikes about the passat.

They should add a couple more clocks to the dashboard ;)
  10. T

Oh No!

I have noticed the same thing on my car. 28k so far and the noise has stayed the same.
  11. T

Which car did you have before?

1992 Ford Probe 1996 Toyota Tacoma 2001 Subaru WRX 2008 Honda Ridgeline 2009 VW Jetta TDI
  12. T

Oem camera retrofit kit available for 2012 passat?

Agreed. I bought this one and it works great. Easy install ~1 hour.
  13. T

2012 Camera/Back up sensor Retrofit?

I ran the cables down the driver side. No issues pulling trim, just take your time. It's a tight fit under the trunk hinge cover, but I made it work. Make sure you take the lens cap off the camera before you test it out ;-)
  14. T

2013 Snow Wheels

Has anyone found a source for 16" steelies for these passats? I'm looking to get a set of snow wheels.
  15. T

I just finished my install last night. I changed the VCDS coding a few weeks ago when I had access to the cable. I had to live with a black screen in reverse for a little while, but it was nice to have it ready once I installed the camera. I made sure to disconnect the battery before...
  16. T

Rear deck removal/tint shop says unable to tint over rear brake light?

The tint shop I went to had no problem tinting the whole back window without removing the rear deck. The brake light is covered, but it's still very bright. No issues for me:
  17. T

It sounds like both have the feature.
  18. T

Someone from vortex confirmed that it comes with the switch on it. Good thing, since I already ordered it! You haven't installed yours yet? Drive down to my neck of the woods and we'll do them both at the same time.
  19. T

For those who have installed the bold-sport camera, are you still able to open the trunk with the handle? The new handle with the camera doesn't appear to have the release button built in the way that the current one does.