Search results

1. K

Front Suspension Work/Price Check

Sample based on what was recently done on another friend's 2013. He used the solid bushings from I believe the RS3, I will dig up the part number, they were 32 ea for the big ones and the small ones he got from lemford for around $10.00 each. Ball joints from Delphi are $16.00 ea and tie rod...
  2. K

2012 Passat Radiator Fan Replacement

I am searching and not seeing it. Does the radiator fan assembly come out the bottom? Before we jump into fixing the one I have, just want to see if it's like the MK5 and dropping it down to take it out. Thanks for your time
  3. K

Considering Purchasing a 2013 Passat TDI

MK5's are cars that go 400K easy with typical maintenance. The B7 Passat, not so much.
  4. K

That's a beautiful thing. I still daily drive my MK5 Jetta TDI, but I only have a 140K or so on it, it will break in soon I think ;-)
  5. K

That's what I was considering when I got this car too, strictly for off road use ;-). Had a friend that did it with his 2013 an resolved a lot of the problems that he had with the car. Just get nervous plus I dont feel like wrench on daily drivers at this point in life.
  6. K

I am glad I stopped dealer wrenching German cars when I did (Late 80's early 90's) I would be scared to touch 3/4's of the engines now. I am assuming anything you R&R, you would have to assume it would need to replace. More wallet crushing pain. We use to joke about placing vaseline sample...
  7. K

I am looking forward to seeing what VW does about it, it's still under the emissions warranty and this should be covered. I still have a year and a half on the warranty but, rather part ways with it and get something else before we run into any surprises that wont be covered. "wallet crushing"...
  8. K

Fully agree. I really loved the VW product and the temptation is there, but I dont need that drama for a primary car. We're probably looking to get another used Mazda CX5 CX9 or maybe a CX3. I have to deep dive on the reliability, but the Mazda we have has been really solid and I like that the...
  9. K

Thanks- I was trying to read up on how member's interactions were with that plus knowing that VW tendency to not want to spend anymore money on this problem;-) I guess I will experience their behavior soon my 2012 NMS TDI kicked off the following: 9688 - Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor...
  10. K

Understand - it's around 1.50 or so difference. I am getting mid to high 30's MPG (Best I have done on open flat highway is 39 MPG) My Mazda gets 32 to 30 MPG. Mind you, more spacious in the Passat. Trust me, I am considering a 2015 CVCA, I just need to bone up on how good VW is honoring the...
  11. K

Ack - Yeah, I agree on some of those issues that you pointed out. I would never buy a CVT. Had a Saturn with one and it was a total POS. How are the CVCA engines in the 2015 or newer Passat TDI's? Such a love hate with VW/ Audi products. P.S. Just read your earlier comment on the CVCA seeming...
  12. K

We damn near posted at the same time, this is where I am at too.. looking hard at the Japanese badged vehicles.
  13. K

Many thanks - I have been a diehard VW enthusiast, but am struggling to get something that is reliable (VW level of reliable - not Japanese). Like my MK5's, just wanted something newer. Want to part ways with the NMS while the miles are low so someone else can enjoy it before major work is...
  14. K

Not to hijack you thread Michacobb, I have a 2012 Passat TDI with aprox 70K on the clock that I am looking to sell. I love the car, but my whole family fleet is VW diesel with the exception of a Mazda we just got for our son. We're down to 3 diesels and I am looking to sell off the 12 Passat and...
  15. K

Worn out A/C Compressor?

Note for those with limited budgets ;-) The late model compressors from wrecked VW's are bolt in on most. I think they are the ones used in the 1.8 motor cars. I have used two of them on the BRMs I have in the current fleet. Both compressors were from late model wrecked cars with sub 15K on the...
  16. K

New NMS Owner - Quick Question on Rebuilt Titles and Emissions Warranty

Thanks for your input with your rebuilt titled car, that will help me sleep better.
  17. K

Seeking Club Member from Jackson Wyoming that turned in a Passat

I know it's a shot in the dark, but thought I would try anyways. We recently acquired a 2012 Passat SE Titanium with just under 40K miles. Whilst looking thru the owners manual, we saw a hand written note that referred to the TDI Club regarding a service spec. Car was purchased in Fresno CA...
  18. K

Nice - Knowing that these CKRA's have turbo issues, I will pray to the VW Gods that if I am going to have a failure, it will happen during this window. We like the BRMs we have, but they are getting long in the tooth and the kids don't fit in the back seat as well as they did with they were 5.
  19. K

Agree and I am good with the cancellation of the other warranty extensions. But, less than 1000 miles on the emissions fix and the extended emissions warranty would be a nice thing to have item. I will have to reach out to the emissions lawyers to validate. everything I am seeing alludes that...