Search results

1. E

A3 EGR,DPF delete near Cincinnati?

Thank you!
  2. E

A3 EGR,DPF delete near Cincinnati?

My 2013 A3 with 115k Miles just started catalytic warning. Out of extended dorsal gate warranty.Started new job only 4 miles from home so I assume it’s not getting hot enough to burn off soot. I would like to delete egr & dpf for “off road use” any suggestions for shops nearby? Looks like...
  3. E

Looking for TDI mechanic in Cincinnati

If you are still looking, I highly recommend Dubwerx 513-795-8648 , 5591 Wooster Pike, Cincy 45227.
  4. E

No Start, need help before doing the tow of shame.

I really appreciate this forum, have learned alot over the years. Thanks to all for their input!
  5. E

Well it was the lift pump, it was an indeterminate failure. They got it to duplicate. $340 for the pump & 2.5 hours labor + $97 diagnostic charge, Could have been worse. Car seems to be running stronger. All in all I'm happy because I was really thinking Tandom pump not the lift, but kept...
  6. E

I did switch out the #373 Fuel pump relay with the Cooling fan relay #373 with no effect before sending off to garage.
  7. E

It had a code for Fuel relay high resistance., they are thinking its the lift pump, Started for them after lots of cranking and does not now show the code, trying to replicate the problem, They did hear gurgling from tank area so maybe check valve gone at pump. stay tuned...will post ultimate...
  8. E

Need some assistance repairing my 05 BHW with 330,000 miles. It cranks(tach is stable at 200 RPM), cluster lights come on including glow plug. In the past when a no start,a quick fuel filter replacement has cured problem. Had a no start about 40 K ago, them 20K ago, then 5 K ago now this time...
  9. E

Shop to do transmission conversion

Whitbread did mine, Detroit area.
  10. E

How many miles on your B5.5?

320 K Miles 5 sp manual at 200 K Stage 2 tune EGR Delete Colt cam at 150K
  11. E

Calipers or no?

If the pads are wearing evenly, I see no reason to mess with the calipers.
  12. E

Where to buy parts for 2005 passat manual swap?

Ditto on Dutchautoparts Frans is a great guy...I did my converstion almost 2 years ago & love it. Actually I had shipped to Whitebread in Mich who did tune & install..very happy. Now at 300K miles.
  13. E

The "What did you do to your B5 passat today" thread...

RE: What brand are the air bags? The Air bags are from Summit Racing part# air-60748 brand Air Lift 1000 system $84.99 Very easy install
  14. E

The "What did you do to your B5 passat today" thread...

Installed air lift bags in rear coil springs, wow what a difference! After 292K miles the rear springs were sacked causing front end clunk on small bumps and a bit of wander. Ranks up there with 5 speed and stage 2 tune as one of best things I've done to the car. Wife even commented about the...
  15. E

Transmission problem

Matt Whitbread did my converstion using Frans 5 sp converstion "kit". Matt is located north of Detroit not all that far from Blue Water bridge, (not too far from Toronto)...Get a stage 1 or 2 upgrade while he is at it & you will be a smilen :) Looking at approx $3K total.
  16. E

Front Axle

I second Raxles. . ...You need a VW core tho. Don't use any Chinese junk Can't imagine owning a B5 and not having front axle R&R down pat. I'm wondering if my recent conversion to 5sp manual will prolong front axle life.
  17. E

Maybe Transmission. Maybe TCM. Maybe no more Passat.

Looks like the street value of used TCM's is falling! Convert to manual & you wont regret it.
  18. E

Maybe Transmission. Maybe TCM. Maybe no more Passat.

First Check the wires coming from the TCM...Known for bad connection a few inches from the plug. I also have a TCM for sale...Love my 5 speed!