Search results

1. E

Our New Smart Shield For MK4 Golf, Jetta & Beetle

Hi all. Bora Parts cleared us out of all our Smart Shields recently. Here is a link to them on there site: http://shopping.boraparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_26_35_132&products_id=1623&osCsid=b4ek8tb9acm7ac8k7lcse8r282 We may be discontinuing this part but won't be making an official...
  2. E

Going with the T25 Torx is just fine. In fact they work with the Speed Clips that came in the kit as well. They are the same thread and pitch. :) Cheers.
  3. E

Awesome pics and feedback. I will look into getting these holes added to the next run we do. :):):)
  4. E

It still has a job to do.:) Were taking some more video of this Smart Shield so it won't be for sale. At $190 it is a really good price though.:D
  5. E

What's crazy is it can still handle this abuse right down to -90C.:eek: We have done a lot more testing and filmed it all. I can't wait to post the next video.:cool:
  6. E

What does a Rig and a Smart Shield have in common? Watch the video to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cErpe0aynK0 Winter is coming, get your skid plate soon. :)
  7. E

Hey there. As long as your car has the OEM left and right Splash Shields the Smart Shield should screw on perfect. As fro the engine and transmission, as long as they don't hang down lower then a regular TDI, you will be in good shape to install the Shield. :D
  8. E

For sure, it fits all engines and transmissions. Cheers.
  9. E

We might. It depends on if there is a demand for them. :) We will wait and see.
  10. E

Cool, thanks tongsli. Give me a call or order right on the site. Either way is good. Cheers.
  11. E

Sorry not right now but we may look into making one in the future. :)
  12. E

Very nice. It looks really good on the car.:) When I was doing some test-fitting of the Smart Shield I found that it was more difficult to install if the side shields were old and damaged. Brand new OEM side shields were perfect, everything lined up and it was an easy install. There are cheap...
  13. E

Our ultimate goals were to come out with a product that was lighter weight, more affordable and an easy install. If our Aluminum skid plate was Nuclear bomb proof I would consider the Smart Shield to be Atomic bomb proof.:cool: (Sorry, best analogy I could think of.) Thanks for the orders so...
  14. E

Hello kiwibru. :cool: Thanks for the thumbs up on our Aluminum Skid Plates. The Smart Shield was designed to fasten on exactly like the OEM splash pan does. It leaves no holes or gaps and follows the same contour as the Side Shields. As long as the Side Shields are in good condition, the Smart...
  15. E

Thank you. No sound deadening was needed. Because of the thicker material there was no difference in sound coming from the engine compared to the OEM splash shield.:D Cheers.
  16. E

Ah, no problem. :cool: The material used for the Smart Shield is so different compared to aluminum or steel that is is hard to do a direct comparison as they all have positive and negative attributes. A perfect example is weight. There is a 12 Lb difference to the aluminum plate, or 16 Lbs...
  17. E

Thanks for the question panthers89fan90. :) May I ask which steel skid plate you are referring to? Cheers.
  18. E

INTRODUCING OUR LATEST PRODUCT, THE SMART SHIELD FOR YOUR JETTA, GOLF AND NEW BEETLE MK4 http://www.evolutionimport.com/smart-shield-for-jetta-jetta-wagon-golf-and-new-beetle/ Fits: 98-2010 New Beetle All Engines 99.5-2006 Golf All Engines 99.5-2005 Jetta All Engines 99.5-2006 Jetta Wagon...
  19. E

Evolution Atlas Skid Plate Install Video

Hey there. I'm not sure. I have never installed one of there skid plates. Cheers.