Search results

1. N

MIL Came on on the dash

Okay, Got in the car at the laundromat and after I started up noticed the MIL Idiot light was on. Looked in VW Manual... Stated that it was the Malfunction Indicator Light. While it is not blinking (means emissions issue), still worrisome. Background: 78900 miles on it. Been getting the...
  2. N

Moving a car to Japan

Any idea on the factors related to differences in US and Japanese Law?
  3. N

Nissan Leaf, Tesla Model S, or Fiat 500e for 2nd Car?

I only have a 5 mile guaranteed commute now on my 09 TDI, so I am now looking at a Leaf or Tesla for a second vehicle. thoughts....
  4. N

Differences between Bentley manuals

Is the actual paper manual or DVD better than the eBahn license for a 2009 jetta?
  5. N

Scanguage or Ultraguage

Not sure if necessary or needed on a 2009 but definitely interested in them and their uses (of which I am just starting to learn...) So, which one does what... I would hate to see a flame war though...
  6. N

Electrical System????? What?

Okay, here is the scenario.... lats thursday i was in East Brunswick NJ at my storage container getting a few things when I put on my emergency flashers to open the gate... as I was pushing open the gate the alarm/horn starts to go off then stops. ***... I then get back in the car and the...
  7. N

Considering a Nissan Leaf now as well

Looking at a Nissan Leaf for the short trips around town on a daily basis... Better than the TDI? Especially for a 4-5 mile round trip twice daily?
  8. N

Will a new (2009) TDI pull a trailer

Just bought an 11' 4" Boston Whaler with a 20hp outboard and trailer. will the new cr diesel pull it? Weight should be around 1,000 #'s
  9. N

tdi sedan vs bluetec wagon....

Have a 2009 jetta sedan and with 2 kids. one 11 weeks old, space is a bit cramped any idea on the mb wagon or passat wagon tdi? or just suck it up for 5 years LOL
  10. N

Wondering about compounding and waxing our 2009 tdi

I am planning on using either 3m's perfect it II or finesse it on the car this Saturday and then getting a really good wax job on the vehicle before winter. Good Idea?
  11. N

looking for 2 heated seats with full power and saved settings for 2009 tdi

Wife wants to add power seats to the vehicke soon. Any deas?
  12. N

First Tank for 2009 TDI Loyal

Just bought the first tank for her, 437m at start (purchase) and 1004m at finish. 14.xxx (need to check the receipt). MPH was 70-75 on the highway... 39.77 ain't bad when you are racing the clock (Daycare). Noel
  13. N

New 2009 TDI How do I hook up the Bluetooth?

I have the buttons on the steering wheel, what else do I need to add to get the bluetooth to work?
  14. N

Glowplug indicator +

Just picked up our new 2009 TDI from East Coast in NJ (englewood) We love her, however I do not see a light for the glow plugs. Where on the bloody dash is it? Also, how in heck do I turn off the sodding "you exceeded 20 mph" notification.... If I wanted a cop in the car... Noel
  15. N

Closing on a 2009 TDI on Saturday... Baby Car Seat Question

Okay, We would like to find a way to cover the car seat where the baby/kiddie seat is going to be in order to protect the "leather" type seat in it, any suggestions... We are moving from a cloth seat so.....