Search results

1. Drewser

Feeler on selling 2015 Passat SE 6spmanual

AZ is around $4.60 for regular and $4.60 for diesel. Have even seen diesel cheaper than gas at 3-4 stations over the last few days. Can't tell you the last time I saw that... As for the Passat, I'll write you a check for $8k right now ;)
  2. Drewser

New to me Jetta has clutch rattle...was it upgraded?

Do the dual mass flywheels give out or wear out? Is that something that would need replaced after 185k miles?
  3. Drewser

Throw out bearing is an interesting thought. Guess we will drive and upgrade it until it starts slipping or doesn't shift and see what's inside then!
  4. Drewser

Yeah, I just don't know if that's the clutch it has. I'm not too worried...but would be nice to know I don't have to upgrade the clutch when we start the performance mods...
  5. Drewser

Yeah, car actually drives really nice. No issues there, just trying to make sure the rattle in idle isn't something I should be concerned with. Owner before the last one was original owner and I know he ran biodiesel (decal on the back), so he may have been more in-tune with the TDI crowd and...
  6. Drewser

Clutch

I just posted almost the exact same question and then found this thread. Will be following.
  7. Drewser

Morning all. Per another thread, we bought an 03 Jetta Wagon 5 speed recently. I had a 5 speed many years ago that I heavily upgraded and I went with the Sachs clutch to avoid clutch rattle of the G60/VR6 combo. However, this new one has a clutch rattle, just when idling. Push clutch pedal in...
  8. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

Goes in for an alignment today. Plus, we have our own redneck body shop in our driveway.
  9. 20230325_094138.jpg

20230325_094138.jpg

10. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

There's a little bit of weight reduction behind the driver's front wheel but won't get worse here in southern AZ. Came from northern AZ originally where they use salt.
  11. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

Probably, but he's excited about loading crap up on it. He's a welder and works construction so is always hauling stuff.
  12. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

For what is worth, the seller was super cool. The car ended up needing more work than he realized and we kind of came to a mutual understanding. I think we both walked away content with the sale. And just got it back on the road tonight... Sealed fuel pump, new bearing on front driver, new...
  13. Drewser

Mechanics (pro and shadetree): What's your favorite non-standard/specialty tool?

Then you start buying their Packout system and it gets worse and worse...
  14. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

Yes, is that one, and yes, he was asking $1500 ;)
  15. Drewser

Mechanics (pro and shadetree): What's your favorite non-standard/specialty tool?

The struggle is real. I've called my wife to help me before.
  16. Drewser

I spent years working on my cars and not wanting to spend a few bucks on specialty tools. For example, hose clamp pliers. $10 made such a difference after years of messing with hose clamps using regular pliers. Or a $2 pick set at Harbor Freight. Or impact rated hex set. So my question...those...
  17. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

Yeah, anyone with kids knows that the car is the cheap part compared to the insurance!
  18. Drewser

2005 Golf TDI 4 dr Indianapolis. IN

15 years is a good run. Congrats on the sale!
  19. Drewser

Just bought TDI #6

Here's the K&N filter (replaced with Hengst) and cabin air filter. Guessing the fuel filter would look similar if I could see it.