Search results

1. C

5 speed manual shifter seems to slip while trying to shift

I have a 2005.5 Jetta with ~230,000 on it. It was starting to get a little fussy shifting so I adjust the linkage. Pretty easy. Now I have having other issues and it seems to be coming from the shifter itself not the linkage at the transmission. When shifting sometimes it feels like the...
  2. C

Engine fault workshop and flashing glowplug light

Group, I have tried to search the forums and could not find anything specific to what i am experiencing( or I am not searching properly). Here is the story. I disconnected the battery to replace a airbag sensor on my wifes car. After replacing it I reconnected the battery and I had a whole...
  3. C

EGR part numbers interchangeable

Group, I have a 2005.5 Jetta. The take off hesitates and then kicks in and i found that it was a worn EGR valve. My part number on the valve is 03G131502B. I found a used on but its part number is 03L131501F. They look and bolt on exactly the same. Does anyone know if this will work and is...
  4. C

00290 can't get rid of this code

Group, Trying to find out some issues. I have a 2005.5 Jetta. I bough this used. There were plenty of little issues with it that I have worked through and finally down to this and the steering angle code (which I have been told will not go away until I get rid of ABS code). When I ran the...
  5. C

Radio issue (clicking and no reception)

I have a 2005.5 Jetta with the premium system radio (satellite, etc.). The issue is the reception is horrible (if at all). Does not receive local FM stations (can barley hear) and there is a "clicking" in the drivers side front speaker in the door when you turn the radio on. Clicking goes away...
  6. C

Weird electrical/light issues

Group, I am back again trying to find help. I just recently purchased another TDI Jetta (2005.5) MkV. Going through some things and fixing the issues that the previous owner had and I am running into some lights issue. see VAGCOM for electrical. 5 Faults Found: 00987 - Lamp for Brake...
  7. C

Door alarm, brake alarm issues

Group, I am having some weird electrical problems. I have a 2002 Jetta (320,000). It started off with the brake light randomly going on when driving down the road (beeping for a bit but continues to flash). I have checked the brake fluid and the emergency brake but both are fine. Doesn't...
  8. C

Car will not turn over after alternator failed

Hello group, you have assisted me in the past so I hope this time is no different. On my way to work the other day the battery light came on. I made it to work but when I went to go back home the battery was dead. I was able to jump it to get ti started and was on my way home it died (battery...
  9. C

Car won't start when 1/4 tank of fuel

This only started happening recently. The cars fuel gauge would read above 1/4 tank and when you try to start it acts like the tank is empty. You put a few gallons in the tank and it starts up after some cranking. I first thought it was the fuel filter so I changed that but that did not seem...
  10. C

5 speed MKIII manual transmission for sale

5 speed manual transmission. Came off a 1995 2.0L VW Golf with ~180,000 miles on it. Worked great when it was taken off. Had to get rid of the car due to the floor pan falling apart. I still have the motor and many parts from the car to use on my 1997 VW but can't use the transmission since the...
  11. C

AC troubles

Group, I am having some AC issues and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have searched these post but there are a bunch so if I could just narrow it down. My AC just sort of stopped working. I was working fine and then just sort of petered out. I went and...
  12. C

Rack and pinion diagram

I am going to take on the task of trying to rebuild my rack and pinion. I bought the kit for ~$30 and was going to see if I could rebuild (I like to think of myself as pretty mechanically inclined so I thought I would give it a shot). I looked online and on youtube to see if there was anything...
  13. C

Side mirrors memory vs non-memory

I have a 2002 jetta and my RH mirror busted (aluminum holder oxidized so bad it broke going down the road) I have been trying to find a used mirror with the same paint code and I have found one but the issue is that it is a memory mirror. I have a power mirror with heat but no memory. This...
  14. C

2002 Jetta 16618 code help

Group, I am at wits end. I have tried all the things suggested by the post on how to fix a 16618 code. Initially my CEL came on and I hooked the VAGCOM up and received the code 16618 (intermittent). When investigating I found that the actuator rusted away. I replaced the actuator and in the...
  15. C

tools for timing belt change

I am looking to change my timing belt soon. I have changed it in the past with the use of the metalnerd tools and they worked great. This was 100,000miles ago and for some reason I seem to remember a link on here for members that had tools they would rent. I rented them and looking to do so...
  16. C

battery dieing

Well this group has really helped in the past so i hope it can do it again. Here is my situation. My 02 jetta has an issue where if it sits overnight, when you go to start it in the moring the battery is dead. I have made sure there is no lights on (trunk, door, etc.) that could be draining...
  17. C

2002 jetta clutch safety switch

Where would I go to buy one of these? My Cruise control is not working (it stoped and then I tried cleaning what i thought was the brake light switch and broke it, turned out to be the clutch switch, yeah I know dumb me). Well I ended up replacing the brake light switch and jumpering the...
  18. C

where do I find help similar to this group for a gas VW

I love this site ad have used it many times for assistance with my 2002 Jetta TDI, but I also own a 1995 VW golf that has treated me very well (230,000 miles so far) and now I am having some issues. Just wondering if anybody knew of a group that could help me with the error codes i am getting...
  19. C

ABS light on/off

I first want to thank everybody on here for past help, this really is a great place to look things up or the do-it-yourselfer. Now to my recent issue. I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. I recently replaced the right front ABS sensor (six months ago) which was an initial cause if an ABS light...
  20. C

ABS issue

I just replaced my rear brakes on my 02 Jetta TDI. All seemed well. Drove it ~ 40 miles shut it off and life was good. Whne to go drive it again and the ABS light came on. Tokk off the rear tires just to make sure i didn't pintch wires or loosen connection and they were fine. Just of S and...