Search results

1. T

Source for used tranny

Car-part.com or try craigslist auto parts. Also ebay.
  2. T

PD Injector Differences

Does anyone know the difference between BRM injector part # 045 130 073 T vs 038 130 073 BN 045130073T vs 038130073BN Both interchangeable?
  3. T

WTB: Set of 4 BRM TDI 1.9 Injectors

Did you email me today, where are you located? How can I get in touch with you?
  4. T

WTB: Set of 4 BRM TDI 1.9 Injectors

Prefrably under 150k from running car, ready to buy. email nolana8@gmail.com
  5. T

06 Jetta TDI died on freeway, won't start back up.

Update: So the TDI mechanic installed a used rocker arm and reinstalled the aluminum plugs and car started up ran rough and had a misfire on Cylinder #1. He came to conclusion the #1 injector is bad and then did a compression test with positive results (good compression) He wants to replace the...
  6. T

Definitely have mechanics saying take the head off and rebuild others saying its fixable without removing head. Mixed opinions. Would rather do it one way correctly then have to do the job twice.
  7. T

No the mechanic didn't damage anything this was a trustworthy 5 star rated VW Audi shop, they mostly work on gas models. The car is now at another shop and getting a further look into it before proceeding to fix or find out if head needs rebuilding. I wasn't aware of Franko6 offering a partial...
  8. T

Oilhammer I got a response from a TDI mechanic here regarding my issue, what do you think about his thoughts? "It's not common for an injector to cause a head to be damaged and if it does, that injector likely also needs to be replaced. In all the ways an injector can cause a head to be...
  9. T

Most likely the cylinder head is oem unless the timing belt broke, the belt looks brand new. The car only has 144k on it. I bought it with around 137k in Montana. This car is package 2, has a mint interior and almost perfect body outside of pass side low quarter panel small dent. Hopefully it...
  10. T

WTB: BRM Cylinder head, new used rebuilt?

What year/model did that come on?
  11. T

WTB: BRM Cylinder head, new used rebuilt?

Might need one soon hopefully not but just seeing what is out there.
  12. T

How much do you charge for that parts and labor?
  13. T

Final description/diagnosis of the problem from the shop: Car came towed in. Car will not start, initially we thought that in tank fuel pump was not providing proper feed or pressure. Fuel pressure gauge showed no fuel pressure. Once the line was clamped from tank pump we found pressure...
  14. T

Wanted: BRM Engine Rocker Arm 038-109-527-AF

038109527AF Looking for a rocker arm from known good engine, mine is bad and I'm trying to shave some cost off the repair bill. Please let me know I have paypal and will cover shipping.
  15. T

So this is what the mechanic is proposing to get the car running again and I wanted to fix it for under $1000. So I'm looking for a used rocker assembly to get the cost down some. Mechanic has said he has never seen this happen before. It is a weird issue, can anyone advise if they have seen...
  16. T

Well a VW/AUDI mechanic in Denver has the car and has found some issues internally inside the head, and I need a engine rocker arm assembly part # 038-109-527-AF does anyone have one or know where I can get a good used one from a good engine?
  17. T

Why do you think your 06 TDI is better then the 17 Jetta SE 1.4t? I'm sure the 1.4t is less complex and cheaper to fix and gets almost same fuel economy and quieter. They brought back the rear independent suspension around 16 or 17 which was the main difference in mk5 and mk6 jetta. I just...
  18. T

2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI BRM 1.9 Diesel Automatic DSG 144,000 miles Was driving today felt a little vibration and engine died. The car has a known bad flywheel that I was planning on fixing before 150k. I felt a vibration and then the rpm just dropped to zero no loud noises or anything, oil...
  19. T

Any Suspension Gurus in Denver

Could use a hand installing some front struts on my mkv, finally got a set of Koni's Special Active to try out, did the rears but could use a hand on the fronts. Got tools, my driveway or yours, cash donation/food/beer/parts for trade etc :)
  20. T

What is the correct part # for 2006 TDI DSG Transmission?

I was sold a 02E 301 103 G from a junk yard, they said it would fit a 2006 jetta tdi. I was wondering if anyone can't point me to the right part number to confirm which transmission I have. I looked it up on ebay and it said that that part number 02E301103G fits Passat Eos and CC. Hopefully they...