Search results

1. M

Alternator time.... OEM VW, Bosch [Reman] or TYC?

Goes to Google "Valeo"...... breathes sigh of relief! Ha ha I ended up contacting Aaron over at Cascade German (https://www.cascadegerman.com/) as he had the Valeo (OEM supplier and not China) in stock and I'll have it for the weekend. I couldn't justify $580 + $250 core for the OEM part. Old...
  2. M

Alternator time.... OEM VW, Bosch [Reman] or TYC?

Subject says it all... Original made it 311k miles and it's time to replace. I'm not sure there is a real advantage to getting the new VW part from dealer besides "it's a new factory part" given I'll be replacing on the daughters car myself (labor isn't a factor). That OEM new part is spendy...
  3. M

JSW timing belt - again

They don't have to be "centered" but they shouldn't be all the way to one side or the other. If they are, you are going to need to pull belt off and do again. The "cam" sprocket is more important than the pump but neither should be fully at their stops. If you need to take belt off to adjust...
  4. M

JSW timing belt - again

You can also install without the large idle pulley and then slide it and the small in with tensioner at full loose once the belt is on the toothed pulleys. It's always a pretty snug fit, I usually leave the cam pulley good and loose so it can kind of "tilt" to help slide the belt in right.
  5. M

Guide to Swap CC Seats Into a JSW

Those are some good looking seats in there, match and look great. There is only one pic at the gallery link but I do appreciate the share.
  6. M

EGR and DPF codes P2002 and P0401

Hope you called and at least tried to get them to look at it. When the code was thrown the precise mileage is logged, hopefully it was really under BUT even super close, you may be able to get them to work with you on it. To lose the parts is a 1-2k go around and free if VW fixes.
  7. M

Guide to Swap CC Seats Into a JSW

@jimmyfine A) WOW! Thanks for sharing. B) Can you post pics? I really just wanted to see how the seats sit in the car, from front and back seat view. (*I followed your links back to the post that sparked your adventure and found a picture. If any is interested >>>...
  8. M

JSW timing belt - again

I've never looks again right after either BUT @ThomasCo the sound you hear could be the accessory belt tensioner. Not sure how many miles are on your car but my car just got it's second TB and I'm going to need to replace the tensioner. It usually only is heard lower in the rpm range, basically...
  9. M

2010 JSW leak - what is this?

Oh, it might be the wax they use on the inside of the panels. It's call "cosmoline" and the high temps will "help" it melt out. We all have it in our cars and sometimes it finds its way out of the holes in the undercarriage and I have seen it, most often, up there around the front of the fender...
  10. M

Timing belt change question - freaking out!

THREE GOLD STARS FOR YOU! 🌟🌟🌟
  11. M

Codes thrown just after repair and warranty expiration.

@j0hn delete, if possible, as @wolf1389 mentioned. I have had 4 new DPF and a host of supporting cast and characters replaced related to emissions and will keep taking it back until the day after my warranty ends. I'm about 209k now and have about 7k left. After that, first emissions related...
  12. M

@ThomasCo Good job! The first time is always a little scary but feels so good to have it done. Now that you got the job figured out, next time, use the "Pro" method, you'll be mind blown. :cool: (y)(y)
  13. M

Codes thrown just after repair and warranty expiration.

I hope you already called the dealership and told them you need to bring car back and to get you a loaner car ready. Take the car back to the dealership and if they give you any issues, request they bring the regional VWoA rep into the conversation and/or do it yourself. Whatever the issue...
  14. M

Best Daily Turbo Setup for Manual Trans & Stock Fueling

I don't have experience with that one and maybe the bb is the secret sauce to getting it to spool fast like the stock, basic CR170 and BV43 hybrid but I'd want to see some actual proof (dyno graphs) and maybe even real world experience to justify the huge premium the ball bearing variant demands.
  15. M

Best Daily Turbo Setup for Manual Trans & Stock Fueling

For stock like response, just with A LOT more authority and go go go, get into one of these https://www.xmanturbos.com/product-page/2-0tdi-cr140-cjaa-cbea-cbab-bv43-52mm-billet-wheel-hybrid and if you're already set on upping the fueling, get you a CP3 from him...
  16. M

The spec say there is a 5mm variance so as long as it's close, you should be ok. No harm in redoing if you want it precise but it should be just fine if the needle is close.
  17. M

I'm trying to remember BUT you should be able, with belt off, to just turn the HPFP back or around to get it to match up but it's not IIRC very critical for that sprocket/pin to be 100% precise. Cam and crank, those are 100% better be in the right place though and sounds like you are good...
  18. M

Frequency of failure for particulate filter and high pressure pump

I don't see many people replacing the clutch pack in the DSG but a part that should be considered a "wear" item is the DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel). Both the DSG and 6MT have these and they seem to last about 100k or more depending on how the car was driven (less if primarily city, more if hwy). If...
  19. M

Time to delete. Diesel DNA seems most economical.

I have had great results with MRTuning, tune and hardware. He uses Flow Direkt DP and his own tune as a combo, great stuff, no issues. Stage 1 alone or Stage 2 and DSG tune are good to go. Stay away from BlackHaze, they have quite terrible customer service (putting it nicely), even though their...
  20. M

p2002 code and vehicle inspection due -clear and keep going or take to dealership for fix?

Gotcha, that one, yeah, statement still stands, repair shop sending down the road not fully repaired is weird and even more weird that it was a VW Dealer.