Search results

1. TornadoRed

Wanted: MK4 Jetta Wagon Rear Retractable Cargo Cover Black

Black is strongly preferred.
  2. TornadoRed

The 800k-Mile Club

Let's see those TDIs with 800k miles or more.
  3. TornadoRed

Spa 24 Hours July 30-31 (no TDIs)

Green flag in 20 minutes, I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1fFh23Ddf4
  4. TornadoRed

Le Mans 2016

Green flag: June 18, 1500 local time, 0800 Central Daylight Time. Grid positions: 1) Porsche #2 2) Porsche #1 3) Toyota #6 4) Toyota #5 5) Audi #7 6) Audi #8 Note: only two cars per team this year, instead of three as in previous years.
  5. TornadoRed

Le Mans 2015, June 14-15

LMP1 is all we really care about, right? The entry list: #1 TOYOTA RACING - TOYOTA TS 040 - HYBRID - Anthony DAVIDSON, Sébastien BUEMI, Kazuki NAKAJIMA #2 TOYOTA RACING - TOYOTA TS 040 - HYBRID - Alexander WURZ, Stéphane SARRAZIN, Mike CONWAY #4 TEAM BYKOLLES #7 AUDI SPORT TEAM JOEST - AUDI...
  6. TornadoRed

Dakar 2015

Dakar 2015 is underway in South America, and Volkswagen Motorsport is nowhere to be seen. The WRC-champion Polo R? Nope, only a few local teams with miscellaneous VW chassis. The guys who drove for VW in the recent past? Nasser al-Attiyah is with Mini, Giniel De Villiers for Toyota, Carlos...
  7. TornadoRed

WEC coming to Texas, Sept 20th.

The best in the world are finally returning to the US. "The provisional entry list for Round 4 of the FIA World Endurance Championship, the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas, has been unveiled with 29 cars due to take the start on Saturday 20 September. Three teams from the USA will be...
  8. TornadoRed

Ready for Le Mans, June 14-15 2014

A nice little video preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5JcL5-oFC0
  9. TornadoRed

WTB: Imola Yellow 20th Anniversary TDI

I've been looking for another Golf TDI for about a year .... not really certain what I want, but just browsing off and on. I've finally decided. What I want is an Imola Yellow 20th Anniversary GTI with a modified TDI engine. It has to be at least 8/10 or 9/10 both interior and exterior. OR If...
  10. TornadoRed

CNET on Cars, Episode 25

Top five fuel-saving technologies: #5: Multistage oil pump, 1% fuel savings. Only pumps as much oil as the engine needs #4: Continuously-variable transmissions and dual-clutch transmissions, 6-7% fuel savings. #3: Active cylinder management, about 7.5% improvement in miles per gallon. #2...
  11. TornadoRed

Easy fix for your older TDI, if down on power and MPG

Does your TDI feel tired and sluggish? Is it hard to wake up in the morning? Does it smoke a bit on takeoff from stop lights? Is it burning more fuel than it used to. My Golf TDI had all these symptoms, but they developed so slowly that I hardly noticed. Then, when I was having another problem...
  12. TornadoRed

torque steer issue

I have looked at other threads and none seemed to suggest a solution to my problem. Lately my Golf has been experiencing what first seemed like "vagueness" with the steering. Pushing down on the accelerator causes the front end to move slightly to the left; lifting off the accelerator moves it...
  13. TornadoRed

I need a 5th gear, ASAP

Either original 5th or a bigger one, TDI only, no gasser, for a Mk4.
  14. TornadoRed

Algae Biofuels Not Ready For Scale-Up

http://cen.acs.org/articles/90/i44/Algal-Biofuels-Ready-Scale.html Volume 90 Issue 44 | p. 9 | News of The Week Issue Date: October 29, 2012 | Web Date: October 26, 2012 Algal Biofuels Not Ready For Scale-Up Report finds shortcomings in present technology but cause for long-term optimism By...
  15. TornadoRed

is this a motor/tranny mount issue?

A couple months ago I had to replace the manual transmission, after a catastrophic differential failure. A local shop had a spare transmission case, assembled all the right gears, and the rebuilt transmission works great and shifts better than the old one. At the same time, I had to replace the...
  16. TornadoRed

Diesels Join Hybrids Showing Stronger Growth In US Sales

from Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss/2012/08/07/diesel-joins-hybrids-showing-stronger-growth-in-u-s-sales/) Volkswagen plans to boost its output of the Turbo Direct Injection clean-diesel version of its Passat midsize sedan made in Tennessee because of greater-than-expected demand...
  17. TornadoRed

Le Mans 2012

from Autoweek: The Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) has revealed teams' driver nominations for the 80th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, scheduled for the weekend of June 16-17. The list confirms that one of the two new factory-backed Audi R18 E-tron quattro turbodiesel-electric race cars...
  18. TornadoRed

WSJ: will truckers ditch diesel for natural gas?

Will Truckers Ditch Diesel? Surplus of Natural Gas Prompts Some Fleets to Switch; Lack of Fueling Stations By REBECCA SMITH Rising diesel costs last year forced Waste Management Inc. to charge customers an extra $169 million, just to keep its garbage trucks fueled. This year, the nation's...
  19. TornadoRed

starter question?

I'm wondering if I'll soon need to replace my starter, or if the problem lies elsewhere. Sometimes, 20-30% of the time, when I turn the key, there is a hesitation before the starter begins to turn over. It is as if there is a power drain somewhere, and it takes a while before there's enough...
  20. TornadoRed

opinions on the South Bend Stage 2 clutch w/SMF?

I would like to make a change in the near future, as it is just too hard to get a smooth engagement off the line with my current G60/VR6 clutch and flywheel combo. This is the one I'm looking at, but I am willing to consider less-costly alternatives...