Search results

1. N

Scan gauge wont turn on

I had a friends car here that had a working SCII plugged in, I unplugged that to plug in my VCDS cable. The VCDS worked, I plugged the SGII back in and it wouldn't power up. Thinking I destroyed it, I bought a new one to replace it with, but the new one won't power up in either of four mk4's...
  2. N

Scan gauge wont turn on

Key on, engine off or running, SG doesnt turn on. Odd that I have no problem with OBD 11 either.
  3. N

Scan gauge wont turn on

I have 2 scan gaugeII's to putz with in my b4 and a4. Neither turns on although vcds connects instantly. Am i missing something ? Pushing the lower right button doesnt do anything either.
  4. N

Howdee, im waiting on two cars to get picked up on friday. Id park them on the street and get...

Howdee, im waiting on two cars to get picked up on friday. Id park them on the street and get yours in the garage but we're getting our streets paved any day and cant park on the street. But if you can get yours sent down, i'll work something out. Tom Earl 34 boundary drive Stafford va...
  5. N

howdee... I can look at it. I work from my home garage. I'm on my way to Boyce Va, blueridge...

howdee... I can look at it. I work from my home garage. I'm on my way to Boyce Va, blueridge wildlife refuge to take an injured critter there. Be back around 11 or so. For giggles, when is the last time you changed your fuel filter ?
  6. N

howdee, I'm still turning wrenches in Stafford.

howdee, I'm still turning wrenches in Stafford.
  7. N

My wife lost last key for her B4

Put some sort of tracker on the key ring.
  8. N

TDI 2003 Wagon For Sale

When you respond to an older post, check the author's "last on" date. That will give you a hint as to your question.
  9. N

G85 malfunction 00778 1J0959654bk

After installing the used clock spring and getting the alignment, I was able to get the incorrect basic setting back to being correct using vcds. It wasn't painless, but no pain, no gain.
  10. N

The car is going to an alignment shop now, I'll putz with it again after everything is right up front.
  11. N

a4 wagon in Pick a Part

For the locals or someone wishing to drive, there's a very nice gasser, gold a4 wagon in the Stafford, Virginia Pick a Part boneyard. Complete body, maybe a scratch here and there, but better than most I've seen lately. Sorry, I'm not pulling parts for you.
  12. N

VW gave me the part number 1J0959654bk as being the correct clock spring for this 04 jetta wagon. The current clock spring is 654ap which has been superseded to 654bk. I found a 654ap in the boneyard and installed it, and now get Steering Angle Sensor (G85) 005 - No or Incorrect Basic...
  13. N

98 TDI Build

I don't think a 2x4 will hold up to that twisty action. You will probably have to wedge the holding bar against the floor or something sturdy and watch you don't tip the engine stand over.
  14. N

98 TDI Build

Copy the bolt pattern for the 4 sprocket to crank bolts, 3 in" piece of flat stock about 18" long and make your own holding device. Those bolts are tight suckers. No impact guns, I've seen pictures of the crank breaking from that.
  15. N

An 04 Jetta has the dreaded 00778 G85 malfunction code. VW says the clock spring is not available, no eta on a new one. This application is for a car with esp and no traction control switch. What now ? Any work arounds ?
  16. N

Hi again. If you remember this, I'm about to do the same and get a comfy seat, but would like...

Hi again. If you remember this, I'm about to do the same and get a comfy seat, but would like not to have to invent the wheel doing it. Thanks.
  17. N

Ho Jordan, can you describe how you swapped the mkiv seats please. Was it a weld job or change...

Ho Jordan, can you describe how you swapped the mkiv seats please. Was it a weld job or change brackets or ? Thanks
  18. N

2001 Jetta became possessed, 17957, 17849, 19561, 17552 and 17660

Resolution. KISS, keep it simple stoopid. I did check all the fuses and all were and are still good. After confirming all the involved solenoids pin 1's and the maf pin 2 were connected via e29 but none were receiving key on 12v+, an eye watering trek through the schematic showed power was...
  19. N

The car was fine a few weeks ago.... it was blocked in by my forklift that refused to start, but that's another story. I've checked the grounds I know of with an ohm meter for corrosion, nothing, but cleaned them anyway. I'm not sure if it is one component that died, like maybe the n108 valve...
  20. N

Sadly, the gremlin remains after a brand new, fully charged battery was installed. Maf actual remains at 550, can't command the n75 to test the activator, no egr test, timing off the chart, this is weird.