Search results

1. K

1997 B4 Sedan in VA, 323000. 1z, 5 speed, floor rusted out. Drive able. FREE.

I got it. I've put 10k miles on it so far w/ no issue.
  2. K

New b4 owner with problems and I need help

I'd check your IQ I don't mean your intelligence. Do you have access to vag-com?
  3. K

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

I need a refresher on how to post pics here. But you may not want to see what's about to happen. It's ugly. Sane people would scrap the car. Oh well.
  4. K

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

A Labor Day pump seal replacement and sprint 520 nozzles install. It's been a while since I've worked on a tdi... I got this car in June (for free) from the original owner. 328k on it, and as far as I know, the nozzles were original. Next up is rust repair.
  5. K

1z TDI into lifted 85 Jetta

Pics look good to me. Sometimes being a decade late to a party is the best way to do it. Let everyone else try, fail, and adjust, then you get to do it the best way on the first try!
  6. K

FS: Mk4 5-speed swap in Central VA

Car was wrecked with 204k miles. I bought it as is for the motor swap. I did drive it enough to take it through the gears and make sure there were no issues. Complete 5 speed swap... trans, mount, axles, pedals, clutch, etc... $800 obo. I'm willing to ship.
  7. K

2000 Golf 4-dr 5-speed, Central VA

White with tan cloth. Power windows, no sunroof. 320k miles. Less than 5k miles on head gasket and timing belt service. OE parts, the head was checked for straightness, and timing set with VCDS. All stock except 1. Bosio pp520's that were installed at the same time as the other work. 2...
  8. K

Mk4 manual trans swap $650 in central VA

Complete minus clutch. I'll ship if you're paying. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  9. K

FS: 10mm pump

Good condition. $175 plus shipping from central VA. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  10. K

FS: ALH injectors

These came with a head that I bought. I'm told the car ran fine. $175 shipped conus Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  11. K

WTB: ALH head somewhere in va/nc... Emergency situation

I need to get my car back together in the next 3 days for a road trip, and my machinist just informed me that he won't have the valve seats in time to finish the job. Looking for a complete head in good condition. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  12. K

FS: Jetta monster mats

$60 plus shipping Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  13. K

FS: ALH vacuum pump

$25 shipped in continental US Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  14. K

FS: ALH intake manifold $35 shipped

It's fall clean-up time. I've got two extras sitting here that I don't need. Not particularly clean, but not plugged up, either. $35 shipped in the continental US Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  15. K

FS: ALH injectors

Pretty sure one of these buggers stuck open, causing a hydrolock, bent rod, etc. Good for a cleanup/rebuild/whatever... $150 shipped continental US. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  16. K

FS: engine covers... ahu/1z, alh, and 1.8t

Take your pick. $50 each plus shipping. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  17. K

B5 ALH? Anyone?

Seems like a reasonable swap, although I'm sure there are problems I'm not thinking about... I'm surprised a Google search didn't turn up many/any completed conversions with actual information. Has anyone here done it? And I do mean B5, not 5.5... I picked this thing up yesterday for a song...
  18. K

2000 Jetta ALH complete partout central VA

5 speed with .68 5th Non sunroof GLS. Tan cloth in good shape. 388k miles on car, 217k on motor Runs smooth with good compression, but overheats. I'm assuming bad head gasket. Everything but the roof rack is up for grabs... Complete ALH swap including harness, ecm, etc (obviously will...
  19. K

FS: 10mm ALH pump

Removed from a car with 210k miles. Ran great, no problems at all. $200 plus shipping, located in Central VA