Search results

1. A

The Scam of Professional Injector Upgrade/Calibration Exposed!

High dollar nozzles, two stage opening pressures and calibration, flow balancing, blah blah blah. YouTube exposes the scam. Why not DIY?! *Warning, video contains mildly "salty" language. If you're sensitive to such words, probably shouldn't click the link. http://youtu.be/eDsyOJTF_u8
  2. A

Brakes 102 - Or, Why Do My Brakes Keep Pulsating / Warping?

Just had a second car in the shop in only a few weeks with the same issue - brake pulsation. Both cars had front brake jobs done by mechanics not unknown to this forum using quality parts from trusted vendors within less than 20K miles and were pulsating badly again already. For one of those...
  3. A

Battery Drain, Combination Comfort Databus in One-Wire Mode, 00470

Done lots of searching and reading on this and other forums and still wrestling with this issue. Car is a 2006 Jetta TDI 5MT (MKV) with a bad battery drain issue. Started by charging and disconnecting the battery, will hold a charge for days disconnected from the car so the battery is fine...
  4. A

Northern Michigan - Malone Tuning Services This Friday, May 23rd

Taking a little vacation to Fredric, Michigan this weekend and am considering bringing my tuning rig. Tuning would only be offered on Friday and appointments would have to be scheduled in advance. I am able to tune all TDIs from 2000 to present including DSG tunes. Tunes and pricing are...
  5. A

FS: TD Tuning Loader, Like New *Unlocked*

Up for sale is a complete TD Tuning tune loader for use on 2000-2008 VWs. I no longer have need of it and unlocked it from my car before doing a full erase via Xconsole software interface. It is now ready for a new owner and will function like a brand new unit purchased from TD Tuning. Looks...
  6. A

What the @*$^ is this? [Cyrillic alphabet not displaying correctly]

What on earth is the ***<seemingly random four digit number> looking code I am seeing pop up all over the forum? This thread in the regional Europe section is nothing but these codes. What the????
  7. A

Skunkwerx Performance TDI Performance, Repair, Service and Malone Tuning

A huge THANK YOU! to Fred's TDI Club and its members for all the support these past few years in making Skunkwerx a success. Quitting my day job to work on TDIs full time last fall was one of scariest things I've done. I am so happy I did though. In fact, business is so good that my...
  8. A

Like New GTC1549VZ

Since we are selling 4th gen VNT turbos this morning, here is a link to mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300967161647?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 I got a pretty good deal on it a few months back and had intended it for a project that never materialized. Put it on eBay at...
  9. A

Brand New! TD Tuning Programmer with Stage 3 ALH Tune

*** SOLD *** I purchased this programmer and pre-paid for a stage 3 tune during the group buy a few months ago for my girlfriend's '03 Jetta. She ended up going a different direction and buying Paramedick's '04 wagon that was already nicely tuned. Got a great deal on the tune and programmer...
  10. A

FS: 2003 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan in Louisville, KY

***SOLD!*** My girlfriend's car is now for sale. She bought this TDI last spring via eBay (more or less sight unseen) with the intent of modding it for autocross. It was not quite as pristine as she is accustomed to having driven mostly newer cars. Since then the desire to race has subsided...
  11. A

FS: '06 Jetta BRM Used EGR, ASV, Turbo, Stereo and misc. other

Turbo and ASV SOLD. EGR has been cleaned a few times and spent many of those miles with delete in place. Was functional at time of delete. Price is w/o shipping, will only ship to US lower 48. EGR Valve Assembly $50 ASV - Intake Flapper Valve $50 SOLD!
  12. A

WTB: 108mm 02J Axle Flanges

Considering having some custom Raxles made for the beast and was informed I would need 108mm axle flanges for my OA4 to do so. 02J flanges from a VR6 or 1.8T should do the trick. Any out there to be had?
  13. A

PD Injector Issue - Advanced Troubleshooting

Car is a customer's '05 Passat with a BHW PD engine. Customer bought this car after it had changed hands several times with 3-4 different shops not being able to fix it. No surprise, tons of work had been done and most of it of very poor quality. After a general detooefing of substandard...
  14. A

B5.5 Transmission R&R Procedure - Can anyone point me to one?

Yes I searched here high and low, Google too. Not a newbie mechanic by any means. Just older and wise enough now to know to study a new project before jumping in. I have a full compliment of tools including all the usual VAG specialty ones and have done pretty much everything on the...
  15. A

Vendor "Links" Idea

Based on this thread, and hundreds just like it that clog the forums, I wish to offer a suggestion: This compendium of vendors could live in the "Links" tab as I mentioned, or could simply be a stickied thread in the classified section. I see this as having three benefits to the club. First...
  16. A

Waited Too Long For Timing Belt in Modded Engine (95K miles)...

I replaced the TB at 155K miles prior to major mods (see sig for the basics) that came a bit after 190K miles. Even though the head got a full rebuild I reused the 35K mile TB, figured I would let it live it's life. Fast forward about a year and I found myself in a very messy divorce from my...
  17. A

Silencing the Competition?

Could a mod or admin please explain why Scott Dewitt's thread questioning Kerma's exclusivity claims on the South Bend "silent" clutches in the vendor classified section was locked without explanation? I have no dog in this fight as I am associated with none of the parties involved. I am...
  18. A

Early TDI Club Guru Video

Might want to grab a pad and pen for notes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVO6DTKBMFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  19. A

Adding EMP Gauge, Any Reason For EGT Anymore?

So my McNalley boost/EGT gauge dropped and LED segment again. It is too small of boost range anyway at 0-30 PSI, initial spike is pegging it every time. I am thinking of new gauges and am leaning heavily toward ISSPRO. Going to add a EMP gauge while I am at it. First question is if an EGT...
  20. A

EDC 16 (A5) Lambda (O2) Sensor Measuring Block in VCDS - Which One?

Car is a 2006 Jetta BRM and I am looking for the correct measuring block in VCDS (HEX + CAN) for the oxygen (lambda) sensor feedback. Anyone know where to point me? I found 6 or 8 measuring blocks (high 30s to mid 40s) labeled as various Lambda functions but no data that is making sense as...