Search results

1. Mozambiquer

Transmission Leak

Here's some info on that issue. Most often thats the pump bushing spinoff that causes that. http://kansascitytdi.com/01v-pump-bushing-spin-out/
  2. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

It should hold vacuum. If it bleeds back, that would be a problem.
  3. Mozambiquer

Repeated shorts in 2004 Jetta TDI headlight socket

Often the insulation on the wires in the headlight is failed. I replaced them with new oem harnesses in the headlight on my passat.
  4. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

I would be very hesitant to jump to it being a turbo. Have you checked the actuator adjustment? It should start moving at 3-5in/hg and stop at 18 in-hg. Other than that the only problem would be if the turbine shaft has excessive play or is binding, which is easy to check, just pull the intake...
  5. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

How do you know it wasn't working?
  6. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Make sure the egr valve isn't sticking open or the asv sticking closed
  7. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Is the egr and asv intact?
  8. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Whats the maf doing?
  9. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Looks good Check the vacuum now. Thats the cheif suspect now.
  10. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Torsion value will be in group 4 iirc its the timing and too far negative will make it sluggish off the bat.also check group 13 at idle. Vacuum you check with either a vacuum gauge or a mityvac works well too, check it at one of the vacuum lines coming from the pump to the vacuum reservoir or...
  11. Mozambiquer

New to me, no power

Doesn't need back pressure. Whats the torsion value at? How much vacuum from the vacuum pump?
  12. Mozambiquer

Hillman SuperMinx with Perkins 4.99 diesel

Sounds like you maybe have the one which had been donated to the San Diego car museum back in 1999?
  13. Mozambiquer

BHW Jet plane sound? Side exit?

What tcm codes do you have? Id go through all of the fuses and relays down under the dash and clean them well.
  14. Mozambiquer

BHW Jet plane sound? Side exit?

1: the ac fan is run through one big fuse and a 5 amp fuse under the dash. You'll need to pull the lower dash panel out to get to it. I had issues with that on my car and there was some corrosion on the fuses. Replaced them and cleaned the terminals up good and that fixed the fan issue. 2 and...
  15. Mozambiquer

19 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank

It had about 15-20 gallons in it when I got it, I could feel it back there.
  16. Mozambiquer

19 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank

My mk4 had a 50 gallon tank in the trunk when I got it... I just pulled it out as it was really too much space taken up..it also was never connected, which is good.
  17. Mozambiquer

Alternator replace 1.9 ?

Push in and pull the tab back then pull the plug out. Its kinda hard to describe, but the important thing is to push in to release the pressure on the lock tab.
  18. Mozambiquer

New golf owner

Yes, you can code the hatch to be unlocked with the doors. I did it on my golf using the kw1281test software. Did the same for my passat wagons and now it is one of my favorite mods for them. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/free-vds-pro-vagtacho-alternative.509151/ Here's the...
  19. Mozambiquer

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Yeah, except I am not doing the cannonball, as fun as that sounds. It was never actually connected, just sitting back there taking up all of the trunk space.