Search results

1. B

mk4 jetta custom tan leatherette interior complete NJ $400

This interior was upholstered nicely and has held up well. Unique color pops and easily passes off as OEM. No cracks in door cards or speaker grilles. I have been getting unsolicited offers for years but now it's time to offer it up. All 4 seats, 5 headrests and door cards complete. (also...
  2. B

oil drain leaking slowly (new pan)

2003 jetta tdi 5spd. My mother's car- she hit a bad bump that broke the pan. Fortunately she shut the car down when the oil light came on and had it towed to MrChill's. He replaced the oil pan with a new aftermarket unit but (what appears to be) the oil drain plug has a constant small drip...
  3. B

help diagnose massive oil leak started from turbo (not hose) with pics 1998 a3

On the highway yesterday I smelled burning oil but attributed it to another vehicle. When I got home my back bumper had an oily film on it. This morning the low oil pressure warning went on so I immediately shut down, pulled over and topped off. When I got home I noticed the turbo is leaking...
  4. B

B4 transmission compatible with 98 beetle?

I have my 96 B4 and 97 B4 engine and transmissions and am considering a 1998 beetle tdi that needs one but I don't know which engine it has, more importantly will they mate up? Thanks
  5. B

AC stops working after 20-30 minutes- chase a leak or a clog?

i recently got a 1998 jetta tdi with 330k without working AC. I was suspicious of the high mile compressor so i swapped it with new orings, did a quick evacuation and recharged so I was getting 320psi high 38psi low and was happy with the performance. 5 days later it first stopped cooling, but...
  6. B

are struts interchangeable between B4 passat and A3 jetta?

I've had 3 B4 passats ('95vr6 '96tdi and '97tdi) previously, and ended up parting/scraping both of them. Recently did a garage clean up and threw out a lot of things. Some items are still in the scrap pile and I'm wondering if i should keep because i just picked up a '98 jetta. I think I saw...
  7. B

97 b4 went through puddle all of a sudden rough running and white paste in oil (PICS)

the subject pretty much explains it all. During a flood today I was forced to proceed through about 1.5' deep water at some point. Worrying about being stuck at the deepest point i wound up 1st gear to get as much momentum as possible. I accidentally over-revved a bit but made it through...
  8. B

help! b4 power window gremlin cant get back up

My 1997 canadian b4 has had minor issues with the passenger rear window the entire time I have had it 2.5 years, but it has never really been much of an issue since I rarely use the rear windows and it has been very intermittent. I have had issues from the rear switches never working, to the...
  9. B

help! b4 power window gremlin cant get back up

My 1997 canadian b4 has had minor issues with the passenger rear window the entire time I have had it 2.5 years, but it has never really been much of an issue since I rarely use the rear windows and it has been very intermittent. I have had issues from the rear switches never working, to the...
  10. B

SOLVED! another cause for circuit 21 failure

on my 1997 B4 I had been plagued by a faulty circuit 21 for the past 2 months now, with my trunk light constantly being in some random state of dim-ness. I had been checking these old posts occasionally and went down the list of common ailments that would cause me to keep blowing fuse 21. some...
  11. B

97 B4 passat 1Z surging/ bucking (glow light flashes)

The title pretty much explains this recent problem I'm experiencing. I'm assuming an electrical surge is causing the system to momentarily reset but not completely stall the system? It seems to happen most frequently when I flash the high beams (excess electrical load on a weak charging...
  12. B

east coast dealers with any 2009 jetta sportswagens left?

message title pretty much explains it. I might be a little late in the game but if any are still available while there is money in the system I'm interested in a 6spd wagon
  13. B

has anybody bought a new jetta recently and would like to share their experience?

I am considering a no-optioned 6spd TDI sportswagen and have never bought a new car before. I don't feel that most new cars are worth paying the premium of the steep initial depreceation from purchasing new, however I feel a 2009 TDI will likely maintain a relatively solid resale value- so it...
  14. B

low/soft brake pedal after master cyl/ rear caliper replacment

Recently my brake pedal would go super soft intermittently on the highway (after a while of driving without touching the brakes) It seemed likley that the problem was my brake master cylinder (though I found it strange that the brakes were always reliable driving around town). The e-brake on my...
  15. B

cluster doing strange things + airbag light 97 b4

I've searched and found a lot of people with cluster issues on their B4 and A3 cars but not like what I'm experiening specifically For the past week of driving, the seatbelt light/chime would randomly come on together while driving. At first the chime song made me think a door was not...
  16. B

97 B4 not charging. swapped alternator. what to check?

Merry Christmas The charge light never came on but my multimeter shows the battery voltage gradually dropping down to about 5V at which the engine then stalls. The battery is less than 1 year old so I attributed it to the alternator. Since I had a spare 1Z sitting right behind me, I swapped that...
  17. B

Portland A3 $1000

not mine http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/car/764619628.html
  18. B

FREE part out 1996 B4 this weekend (NJ)

FREE part out 1996 B4 (NJ) *Extended 1 weekend* I bought the car as a TDI donor so all the TDI specific items are already spoken for as well as some other parts I'll want for my other 2 B4s. Of course there is no cupholder. I'm offering everything I don't need free. The only thing is that...
  19. B

quick B4 tdi swap strip list in NJ- donor must be gone asap! (free parts)

B4 TDI sedan-> B4 GLX sedan w pics I have a 1996 B4 with a rough body and a 1995 GLX VR6 B4 automatic shell with a nice body and interior which I will swap the drivetrain onto. The issue is I absolutely must get rid of this donor vehicle in the next week and a half (family will not tolerate...
  20. B

Resonance from a bad (grinding wheel) bearing shook axle loose?

1997 B4 ~238k- at least 1 wheel bearing (which I presume is a front one) has been grinding for the past few weeks and slowly has been getting progressively worse as the car has been daily driven Bought new bearings but I just received the harbor freight tool yesterday Anyway last night after...