Search results

1. H

FS: 2002-2006 Jetta Wagon Tail Light RIGHT Side

Wagon Tail Light - Right Side $35 Canadian. Buyer pays for shipping. Volkswagen Part Number: 1J9-945-096-R US/Canada-Spec wagon tail light with red/red/red/red lenses. For wagon models only. Virtually as new condition. Light was removed two weeks after car delivery. The light has been...
  2. H

2012 Golf in Shark Blue

Hi Folks. Here's our new Golf. Wanted Reflex Silver until we saw the Shark Blue. We are very pleased with it. This is our first automatic, and first DSG due to my wife injuring her left leg and cannot drive a manual transmission for at least the next year :( This is a Canadian Comfortline...
  3. H

2012 Jetta Comfortline

Here's our new Jetta. 2012 TDI/DSG Comfortline. 4 mudflaps, Monster Mats, Cargo Mat, 3M paint protection film, and now has Llumar ATC 15% window tint on the rear glass, and rear doors (not shown).
  4. H

HVAC Working Differently...

Hi Folks. We have a 2012 Jetta that seems to have a configuration issue. Before I take the car in, I was hoping to confirm if others have noticed the same thing. This car has the Comfortline trim which has the manual AC controls, version 2 (as described in the manual). When defrost is...
  5. H

Fuel additive OK with 2012 TDI?

Hi Folks. We just purchased a 2012 Jetta TDI, and was wondering about the compatibility of using fuel additive with this engine and DPF system. I have been using additves for years, but this DPF thing is new to me, and seems to have new requirements. I use this...
  6. H

EGR Cycling Causing Lack of Performance

Hi Folks. I have a 2004 Jetta TDI-PD (BEW motor) with 5 speed manual transmission. Currently has 123,000 km (76,400 miles). I am having issues with the cruise control engaged, and climbing steep hills of 5% - 8% at highway speeds of 100 km/h - 110 km/h (62 - 68 mph). I have posted on TDIClub...
  7. H

'04 PD Jetta Surging on full load...

Hi Folks. It's been a while since I last posted here, but I am hopeful that I can get some advice as to where to look next. Our '04 J Wagon with BEW motor, and 5 spd manual transmission has 107,000 km ( 66,500 miles) on it. The car has been struggling with maintaining power on steep hills at...
  8. H

Motul 505.01 Specific Doubles Cost

Hi Folks. I wanted to buy a couple cases of Motul in 5 litre jugs yesterday, and I quickly found out that the cost went from $40/jug CDN to $78/jug CDN! I nearly fell over. Not sure what's driving this, but I ended up with Elf Excellium DID 5W-40. I got that for a smoking deal of $38/jug...
  9. H

'04 Jetta Fuel Pump Kapoot

Hi Folks. It's been a while since I last posted. Life's just getting too busy these days :( Anyway, just wanted to report that our Jetta's fuel pump suddenly got noisy yesterday. My wife reported the problem to me as the car sounds like a power washer! Sure enough, the noise was inside the...
  10. H

Oil coming out of turbo air intake

Oil coming out of turbo air intake (pics) Hi Folks. Was doing some engine cleaning today and pulled off the belly pan and noticed a lot of oil on the back right side of the belly pan. Looking for the oil source I found that the air inlet hose that's attached to the turbocharger is the culprit...
  11. H

Cruise Control Loses Speed Intermittently

Hi Folks. Our '04 Jetta, 5 Spd just started to have issues with the cruise control. It only seems to have an issue when going up steep hills or the hill changes from say 4% to a steeper grade like 6%. This is at highway speeds with the cruise set to 105 or 110 Km/h. It works flawlessly...
  12. H

Blower fuse blows with A/C on

Hi Folks. My '04 Jwagon has suddenly developed a problem :mad: With the blower on speed 4 (high) and the A/C on for defogging (live on the 'wet coast'), the fuse blows. Replacing the 25 amp fuse, the blower works fine with all speeds until the A/C is turned on. I've searched the forums, but...
  13. H

'04 Jwagon at Camp

\'04 Jwagon at Camp Some pics of the Jwagon on our recent trip to the Rockies (Kananaskis Country, Alberta). More pics here Harry
  14. H

Engine Detail - How To

I've had several PM's about how to do an engine detail from from another post on these forums. Not meaning to keep this a secret, but I just didn't think many would be interested. I am not a professional detailer, just a hobbyist (Ok, a Type-A hobbyist!). This is what works for me, and if...
  15. H

Jwagon on the scales

Hi Folks. Just put the Jwagon on the weigh scales to see where she's at. With the two of us up front, otherwise unladen, and with a 7/8 full fuel tank: Front: 870 Kg (1916 lbs) Rear: 660 Kg (1463 lbs) Total: 1530 Kg (3369 lbs) According to the door sticker, maximum loads are as follows...
  16. H

Corroded grounds- Req'd Maint for ALL A4 cars

Corroded grounds- Req\'d Maint for ALL A4 cars Hi Folks. I finally got a chance to do this bit of maintenance, and once again, I am really surprised. When we had our 2000 Golf TDI, I removed the battery and battery tray when the car was new. Under the tray are three ground points. I...
  17. H

'04 JWagon Ready for Spring

\'04 JWagon Ready for Spring Just put on my summer 'glue', did a nice clean, and had some nice weather to boot! Just had to share... More pix here. Harry.
  18. H

Shell Canada to work on ULSD

Found this on Shell Canada's website. The unfortunate thing is that they are making it sound like they are ahead of schedule with this when in reality it won't be ready until June, 2006 when it's actually mandated. Article is here. Shell Canada invests to bring ultra low sulphur diesel to...
  19. H

JWagon PD Roadtrip

Well, I finally had a chance after over 5 months of ownership and 7000 km (4300 miles) to go on a roadtrip. Our car doesn't see much use from October to April, and we take transit to work. We typically do a year's worth of driving from April to October with lots of camping. We have had some...
  20. H

ESP - My thoughts

When we ordered our '04 JWagon back in May/03, we selected two options on top of the GLS... side airbags and ESP. The ESP option was a $430 CDN option. I had read all about it, and figured, why not? Well, the last few days here on the wet coast (Vancouver, BC), we have had snow, frost, ice...