Search results

1. A

Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

I used it directly through a cheap KKL cable (same one I use with kw1281) without grounding any pins & seemed to work fine - I think you only need to ground a pin if you're trying to write to the ECU. The cluster usually resets after a successful dump, but I've haven't seen mine reset if the...
  2. A

Looks like that's IMMO2, so I'm assuming that you're using "DumpMarelliMem 3072 1024"? (as above). I initially had issues connecting as my cluster was locked out. You should be able to check if you're locked out with VCDS by going to: [17 - Instruments] [Meas. Blocks - 08] Select Block 024...
  3. A

Just popped in to say thanks for your on-going work on this project. I just purchased an Audi TT (1.8T 225, 2001) with a Magneti Marelli cluster (8N2 920 930 C / M73 D56) & had a read through this thread to find the command I needed (kw1281Test.exe COM3 9600 17 DumpMarelliMem 14336 2048), then...
  4. A

O2J Shift Issues

Thanks bud - I'll have to see if my local one does, or if I can find a Chevy/Vauxhall dealer locally (or order the Pennzoil off of eBay!). Removing the 42dd Bowden clips gives the shifter a little more movement, but also a little bit more slop & have found that the gearbox definitely grinds a...
  5. A

O2J Shift Issues

Yeah I've come across that thread a few times - I actually asked for G52 from my local dealer but the parts guy said he was unable to get it now... then again they can't even order 5L Quantum bottles (only single 1 litre bottles), so maybe it's just a purchasing issue. I don't seem to be able...
  6. A

O2J Shift Issues

Forgot to mention in my last reply - I went out and ran through the gears without the engine on and the gears were fine, but then again it was fine with the engine on today too so that might not indicate anything.
  7. A

O2J Shift Issues

Yep, it was perfectly fine but I still switched it out for later revision when I changed the whole shift box, just to be sure. I've got a couple of spare cable end bowden catches lying around so I'll switch those out & re-align tomorrow, thanks for that :) The gear oil is currently G70...
  8. A

O2J Shift Issues

So, first post here but long time lurker! I own a MK4 Golf 1.8t (:o) but both these & the TDI's of the same era use the same transmission setups, so I'm hoping that someone over here may have the answer to my woes. Long story short: shifting (intermittently) feels like I'm trying to shift...