Search results

1. K

Worn out A/C Compressor?

Note for those with limited budgets ;-) The late model compressors from wrecked VW's are bolt in on most. I think they are the ones used in the 1.8 motor cars. I have used two of them on the BRMs I have in the current fleet. Both compressors were from late model wrecked cars with sub 15K on the...
  2. K

New NMS Owner - Quick Question on Rebuilt Titles and Emissions Warranty

Thanks for your input with your rebuilt titled car, that will help me sleep better.
  3. K

Seeking Club Member from Jackson Wyoming that turned in a Passat

I know it's a shot in the dark, but thought I would try anyways. We recently acquired a 2012 Passat SE Titanium with just under 40K miles. Whilst looking thru the owners manual, we saw a hand written note that referred to the TDI Club regarding a service spec. Car was purchased in Fresno CA...
  4. K

Nice - Knowing that these CKRA's have turbo issues, I will pray to the VW Gods that if I am going to have a failure, it will happen during this window. We like the BRMs we have, but they are getting long in the tooth and the kids don't fit in the back seat as well as they did with they were 5.
  5. K

Agree and I am good with the cancellation of the other warranty extensions. But, less than 1000 miles on the emissions fix and the extended emissions warranty would be a nice thing to have item. I will have to reach out to the emissions lawyers to validate. everything I am seeing alludes that...
  6. K

Great point on the lawyers, that is the bottom line. Thanks for the reply.
  7. K

FS 2006 Jetta $4100

You can pick up an chinese one from Amazon for 16.00. As others have mentioned, it's a 10 minute swap.
  8. K

I think I already know the answer, but looking through the emissions flyer, I do not see any exception policy on "Rebuilt" titles. Based on prior experience with other OEMs, you are basically SOL when it comes to any warranty, but since it's emissions and the car IS registered and considered...
  9. K

Thoughts and Prayers for oilhammer's Family

Thoughts and Prayers Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Brian.
  10. K

Rebuilding 09 TDI wagon - which parts can i use?

Be careful on the core support. Gasser is different from the TDI, at least that is my experience on the MK5 BRM. Ask me how I know ;-) I believe wagon body parts are the same (fender / hood)
  11. K

New TDI owner with some questions, and a few [car] issues

More experienced than Oil Hammer.. hmmmm. A friendly note, I would take the sage advice that OH has provided.
  12. K

Mobil Delvac-1 ESP vs Shell Rotella T6

Ha!.. thanks for the clarification. I have a farm and fleet 10 minutes from my house, so I am covered!
  13. K

Delvac Amazon or where ever...just get the best price and produce a receipt. Amazon you can print out a receipt as well. Just find your best price.
  14. K

Farm and Fleet Sale is back! $99.00 for the 5 gals - $60 rebate $39.00 5 gals https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/333769-mobil-delvac-5w-40-diesel-engine-oil.html
  15. K

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/60-off-diesel-domain
  16. K

Accident Today

Agree with TDILast.. The INS co could still pull the plug, if there has not been too much of an effort. Similar issue with my last ordeal. Basically teardown and inspect was covered and the INS went from repair to total. I bought back the car, clean title and full book value check.
  17. K

Delvac I agree with Jettawreck.There is a 60.00 rebate on the five gal buckets. I picked up 20 gallon at 99.00 a 5 gallon during the last sale at farm and fleet a while back. That worked out to 8.00 a gallon for oil. I will take that all day long. Last I checked, they had the five gallons...
  18. K

Where can I get good vacuum line

Check with out forum vendors. You can get a kit with "Continental" brand, braided cover for the whole engine for fairly cheap from AARodriguez or some of the others.
  19. K

Accident Today

Insurance company will total it out. My black 06 was purchased from the auctions with the EXACT same damage! just the other side. If it was me, I would let them cut you a check and keep the car. With mine, it pushed in the rear quarter / wheel well housing slightly. I will able to tack on a...
  20. K

BRM Higher RPM Vibration

As a note for future reference, Napa offers a remanufactured part for the axles for around $75.00. The last few I have had have been rebuilt oems. Decent boots, that have held up for 2 plus years as well.